Speyedr's White Widow Deep Water Culture SCROG, House & Garden Nutes - 1st Grow EVER!

That's mighty kind of you BG, though I can't imagine why considering your Plant of the Month contender!:bravo:

I would vote for you but I am afraid of Pit Viper. It's that whole clown thing he's got going on. I have this thing about clowns...:trance::thedoubletake:

HAHAHAHA..... ok, screw it,we will let him win with his plant, and you and I will smoke mine!!

+REP.... because i can!!
:passitleft:

I did a res change Sunday as planned. Again the ppms were lower than expected @ 1025 or so but the plants have responded really well. Roots are starting to fill out very nicely and today's AM ppm reading was @830. the runt has broken screen level and training has begun on her now too. I am wondering if I will need a mid-week res change.
Pics as soon as I can, and thanks again to all for the assist.

Happy 420 Man!!!!

Sound like your ladies are doing just fine now with some root growth. I wouldnt worry too much about your PPms bud. I triped at first too that i couldnt get my ppms up without problems with the plants like nute burn. As big as my plants are, they are still only at around 750 ppm. Growing like maniacs.

As far as res changes go, it might not be a bad idea to just let them bang for a while. When i kept changing my res every few days it seemed like i kept having problems. Maybe they didnt like the constant adjustments. I woudnt trip on the res a whole lot, as long as your temps are within range, id let them bang for a while. That just my 2cents.

Hope you the best on whatever decisions you make, as it is your grow, not anyone elses. Keep up the nice work bud!!:grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:

I rarely go over 900 ppm.

It all depends on the nutes and the plants though, right? I am using the H&G nutes and they have a calculator that lays out a schedule to follow. That took a lot of the guesswork out of it for this noob. So at this point I just want to make sure I am following the schedule and that my plants are happy. At 750ppm they were getting yellow and they perked up once I got back on track.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a chance and you'll all see how happy they are :)

Earth Day Update!!! Happy earth Day and a belated Happy 420 to everyone. I finally got some more pics and it looks like my nute bump paid off...

IMG_08723.JPG

IMG_08735.JPG

IMG_08744.JPG

IMG_08764.JPG

IMG_08793.JPG

Look Ma!! REAL Roots!!!
IMG_08784.JPG

Training is a bit of a bitch since I'm dealing with dwarf plants for the most part. There are many bud sites below the screen and I am just trying to move the leaves around so that the light gets to the sites.
I am trying to avoid any trimming. I know there are basically two camps, trim away and don't trim at all. I feel that trimming slows down growth and I need these to grow as much as possible before the stretch is over. I am concerned though that the fact that these are so bushy will make trimming a necessity before too long. I am only going to trim under the screen though if I think that mold may become an issue. I woudl prefer to let the sites grow up to the screen if at all possible and train the leaves below them.

I'm also going to pull the tubes and pump on Sunday when I do my next res change... :roorrip:

Awesome SCROG you got goin on there man, How long did you veg for?

It's not a great representation of what a SCROG should be since the plants were stunted in the beginning. They are more like bushes under a screen instead of plants grown up to and then into a screen.

I vegged for about 5 weeks, again due to the stunting. If veg went as planned I would have likely gone 2-3 weeks.

It's not a great representation of what a SCROG should be since the plants were stunted in the beginning. They are more like bushes under a screen instead of plants grown up to and then into a screen.

I vegged for about 5 weeks, again due to the stunting. If veg went as planned I would have likely gone 2-3 weeks.

Gotta be more possitive man, they can feel the energy i swear. I made a comment to a buddy the other night about not having any sagging buds/branches, and sure enough the very next day one of the branches was sagging and needed to be stood back up. This is not the first time something liek this has happened to me with this grow so i am now a FIRM believer in giving your ladies possitive energy. It may not look like a picture perfect scrog, but the plants look amazing, and its YOUR scrog, everyone's grow turns out a little different. Lookin good man keep up the good work

Gotta be more possitive man, they can feel the energy i swear. I made a comment to a buddy the other night about not having any sagging buds/branches, and sure enough the very next day one of the branches was sagging and needed to be stood back up. This is not the first time something liek this has happened to me with this grow so i am now a FIRM believer in giving your ladies possitive energy. It may not look like a picture perfect scrog, but the plants look amazing, and its YOUR scrog, everyone's grow turns out a little different. Lookin good man keep up the good work

Point taken. I had read your other posts about that as well and I agree that plants are more sensitive their ENTIRE environment than we think. I did not mean any of that in a negative way, more observationally. I know that any shortcomings are due to my own 'noobness' and are no fault of the plants.

Frankly, I think the compact bushy nature of these specimens is awesome. Had I known I would stunt them and make such compact bushes I may have planned things differently, but I really want to get the SCROG experience. To grow from seed and end up with such short internodal spacing is something that I think a lot of growers would like to be able to achieve. I just did it by accident and through the use of algae and plant abuse! Not very repeatable.

In the end, I am really happy with them and with the things I have learned. This is all an experiment and the results are for my head and to be shared so if I get an ounce or if I get six I will be happy.

Hey Speyedr, keeping the nutes low has worked for me, but it's up to your plants. I check the ppm every day, when necessary, and get a good read on how much they are eating, how they look, water use, that sort of thing. If your plants perked up after feeding them then you did the right thing. Nothing is written in stone, different situations will generate different results even with identical input. Your plants are looking great!

Thanks for the support guys.

I changed the res today according to Flower, Week 3 of the H&G schedule. I also shut the pump off and swapped out the MH for the HPS. Buds are forming, roots are rockin' and training is getting a bit unruly but no trimming yet. I did lose a leaf during training today but no big deal. I'll post some more pics as soon as I can take 'em.

Have a good week y'all!

Back
Top Bottom