Spider mite problem

Dunnysparks

I've been treating a spider mite problem for 3weeks with All per organic. I thought the problem was gone, I trimmed infected leaves, treated with All per aggressively. I got a jewelry loupe and checked leaves today and sure enough a spider mite was crawling. I checked another leaf and the same. They have really taken over this plant. This is a cherry pie clone from local grower. I took the plant out of my grow and put it outside. Should I kill this plant off? What should I do I have no way to treat it in quarantine?

Attachments

• 20201013_185718.jpg
    20201013_185718.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20201001_143241.jpg
    20201001_143241.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200930_205657.jpg
    20200930_205657.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20200930_205613.jpg
    20200930_205613.jpg
    868.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20200929_190837.jpg
    20200929_190837.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
thats a bad bad hit of mites the amount of webs lucky you are not flowering ,

Insecticidal Soap 2 table spoon to 2 litre one table spoon alcohol , keep the leaves moist as your not in flower , they breed fast in dryer environments , repeat twice a week , you will start to see just adults as they cant breed with the soap hits :) the alcohol will blitz the young ones :goodluck:

I've been battling mites and whiteflies for months now, tried everything from essential oil sprays to foggers to neem to diotomacious earth to cayenne pepper to yellow sticky traps and the most effective by far has been dish soap. I may have mixed it too potent though because the plants look rough but i haven't seen any bugs in a week knock on wood...
Good luck dude

i use this , person makes it him self , i might look into making my own some time( no rocket science )

s-l1600 (5).jpg

ORGANICIDE CONCENTRATED HORTICTURAL INSECTICIDE / INSECTICIDAL SOAP,
ORGANIC PEST CONTROL
Do not use DISH SOAP (its good for cleaning dishes) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Dish Soap On Plants

Remember dish soap is a detergent that is excellent at removing oil, grease, and wax. When you spray it on your plants, it removes the natural oils and waxes that all plants have on their leaves. ... Spraying your plants with dish soap removes their natural defenses against pests and diseases.

Horticultural soap is – an environmentally friendly application used to eliminate small soft bodied insects such as aphids, whiteflies, spider mites and mealybugs. plus more Horticultural soaps may be used either on indoor houseplants or on outdoor plants, including vegetables
Insecticidal soap have several advantages over pesticides in that they leave no nasty residue, are non-toxic to animals and birds, and do not harm beneficial insects. They are often also less expensive solutions to pest problems. Horticultural insecticidal soaps are derived from plant oils. When horticultural soap is sprayed onto the plants’ foliage, it comes into contact with the pest and kills it. Horticultural soaps disrupt the cell membranes of the insect, resulting in suffocation. To be most effective, horticultural soaps must be applied vigilantly and thoroughly and may need to be reapplied weekly until you attain the desired result. Insecticidal soaps also have a beneficial effect in the removal of sooty mold, honeydew and other leaf fungi.

i use this , person makes it him self , i might look into making my own some time( no rocket science )

s-l1600 (5).jpg

ORGANICIDE CONCENTRATED HORTICTURAL INSECTICIDE / INSECTICIDAL SOAP,
ORGANIC PEST CONTROL
Do not use DISH SOAP (its good for cleaning dishes) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Dish Soap On Plants

Remember dish soap is a detergent that is excellent at removing oil, grease, and wax. When you spray it on your plants, it removes the natural oils and waxes that all plants have on their leaves. ... Spraying your plants with dish soap removes their natural defenses against pests and diseases.

Horticultural soap is – an environmentally friendly application used to eliminate small soft bodied insects such as aphids, whiteflies, spider mites and mealybugs. plus more Horticultural soaps may be used either on indoor houseplants or on outdoor plants, including vegetables
Insecticidal soap have several advantages over pesticides in that they leave no nasty residue, are non-toxic to animals and birds, and do not harm beneficial insects. They are often also less expensive solutions to pest problems. Horticultural insecticidal soaps are derived from plant oils. When horticultural soap is sprayed onto the plants’ foliage, it comes into contact with the pest and kills it. Horticultural soaps disrupt the cell membranes of the insect, resulting in suffocation. To be most effective, horticultural soaps must be applied vigilantly and thoroughly and may need to be reapplied weekly until you attain the desired result. Insecticidal soaps also have a beneficial effect in the removal of sooty mold, honeydew and other leaf fungi.
Good to know because my plants are NOT HAPPY. Will definitely pick up some of this stuff...i was getting desperate because pretty much nothing else was stopping them!!

Nuke em works great
Nuke em with what? Can I get it
thats a bad bad hit of mites the amount of webs lucky you are not flowering ,

Insecticidal Soap 2 table spoon to 2 litre one table spoon alcohol , keep the leaves moist as your not in flower , they breed fast in dryer environments , repeat twice a week , you will start to see just adults as they cant breed with the soap hits :) the alcohol will blitz the young ones :goodluck:
So u think I should try and save this one.

Nuke em works great
Nuke em with what? Can I get it
I've been battling mites and whiteflies for months now, tried everything from essential oil sprays to foggers to neem to diotomacious earth to cayenne pepper to yellow sticky traps and the most effective by far has been dish soap. I may have mixed it too potent though because the plants look rough but i haven't seen any bugs in a week knock on wood...
Good luck dude
Thanks bro this is my second grow and my first one went perfect no mites or nothing all from bag seeds, all females. This grow is from clones from a friend who got them from a friend. I think they came in through these clones. I'm so pissed right now. I feel like one of my kids are sick lol

Yeah I figured it out lol. I was stoned when I posted that lmao. Thanks I'm going to try it and some insecticide soap. I'll just rotate treatments
don't be shy to ask your local grow shop for samples. The manufacturers usually give them some to "hook" their customers to come back and buy the big bottle. "Should" hook you up unless they're jerks LOL
I say that because just last night I was digging through a box and came across an old sample of something from flying skull in a baggie with a brochure that they sent home with me at some time

Whatever you settle on using you have to use on a schedule that will break their life cycle.

Spraying once a week will not do it.

I sprayed every day for 3 days and then went to the next step of spraying every 3 days for at least 3 times, then the time between sprayings can longer but not more than every 7 days. I sprayed the underside of the leaves and then the tops of the leaves. I sprayed until the liquid was dripping off like the plant had been in the rain.

Put your heart into getting rid of the problem and it can be done.

Hi everyone!
We have preached this concept for many, many years. It's all about beating the life cycle (eggs). Always make sure whatever you are using claims to suffocate or dehydrate the eggs. We have products that do this and there are others out there that claim this as well. Then just like others have stated, get on some regular spray cycle. If you have a really bad infestation, fog or bomb the room with product. If you're into preventative measure so you don't get into an infestation issue, check out our systemic SNS-209.
Happy Growing All!!

I've tried all per first and got the infestation down. I still noticed mites and eggs under leaves really bad under leaves of one plant. So I decided to destroy tht plant unfortunately. My other 2 plants only one of them had mites and eggs under lower leaves. So I have been treating that with mite rid everyday for the past three days. No signs of mites or eggs today. I will continue to treat but I flipped my light to 12 last week and I dont know how long I can use this in flower. From now on I will treat every plant like they have mites even when they dont. My plants really like the all per and mite rid. The leaves and plants look really vibrant and healthy. Let me know if anyone has had experience with using mite rid, because I would hate to get buds tht smoke and taste like neem oil.

Back
Top Bottom