Spidermite

Hey sorry about the mite issue....annoying things.... So they're gonna be a pain but you got this.

The best treatment is prevention....just a tip for next time around....and I know easier said than done.... I get it lol

But for starters until one of the gurus show up I would wipe off the leaves and all with rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball to reduce theyre numbers and remove possible egg sacs, mites, and webbing.... And then after wiped the plant down with the alcohol you can remove the residue from it evaporatoring with plain water.... To keep them at bay from climbing from soil after you treat the leaves, put honey around the base of your main stem it should trap them and slow the spread to the valuable leaves.

A quick response would be to spray the plant well all over and under the leaves with a true soap. You're looking for something that says "potassium salts of fatty acids" on the label. You can use dish detergents like Dawn Dishwashing Liquid for example but they're not true soaps, more like a chemical bath of detergents. But some growers have had some success.

Soaps work by dissolving the exoskeleton of the bugs and dehydrating them to death. Safer's Soap is one example. Spray it on, let it dry, and then rinse it off. The soaps are only effective as a contact application, meaning you have to actually spray the bugs for it to work. A bug landing on a freshly sprayed leaf will be largely unaffected.

Neem also works well but you don't want to use that in flower, only in veg.

You'll want to spray daily for 3-4 days, and then every 3 days since the mites have a very short cycle to sexual maturity and you need to stop it.

You'll want to spray daily for 3-4 days, and then every 3 days since the mites have a very short cycle to sexual maturity and you need to stop it.
This above /\ /\ /\

Spray every day for 3-4 days. Then spray every 3 days for a couple of weeks. After that it is best to spray once a week from then on or as long as there are plants. Even if it looks like there are no Spider Mites on the plants, still spray once a week as a preventative.

We have 4 flowering girls and one is shows to have spider mites what can we do to save the them
Just to be sure, but what happened or what did you see that makes you think there are Spider Mites on the plants? Sometimes another type of insect will be the problem.

We have 4 flowering girls and one is shows to have spider mites what can we do to save the them
Separate that plant from the other's asap.
Safers soap and neem oil and order spidermite control from @Sierra Natural Science they are a sponsor here.
Great products they will help you out.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Safers soap and neem oil and order spidermite control from @Sierra Natural Science they are a sponsor here.
Spray, spray and spray some more. Bill mentioned several good products that are well recommended by members of the group.

@Newgrower2022, all the plants will have to be sprayed. If there are enough mites to be noticed on one of the plants then there is a good chance they have spread to the others.

^ ^ ditto on everyone above ^ ^

borg earned their name the hard way, it’s effing trench warfare and there’s a few tricks spraying for critters.

elevate plant as high as possible
mix your gear according to manufacturers instructions
shake the snot out of mixture and adjust nozzle for finest spray mist possible

heres reason for elevation…. always go up her skirt first!! Yup thas right - spray leaf undersides FIRST cuz that’s where the eggs are… then go back & spray from top down to coat top side of leaves

best to spray at lights out but otherwise don’t put her back under grow room lights until foliage is dry, you might still wanna raise lights or adjust dimmer down….

yep check all your girls closely

we need to see pics - or it didn’t happen!

big difference between soil mites & spider mites, idk you might have 1 or you might have both

best of luck, stay tuned here, keep us updated

Separate that plant from the other's asap.

Bill
Bill,

Which of Sierra's products is the mite control, do you know?

Bill,

Which of Sierra's products is the mite control, do you know?
Hey Azi :ciao:

Screenshot_20220627-085713_Chrome.jpg

Bill

The SNS 217-C worked great when I got spider mites in flower. I drenched the leaves, especially the undersides, three times in a week. It got rid of 90% of them at least. The ladybugs took care of the rest ;)

You never kill all spider mites. Ever. You are doomed to mitigation practices henceforth in perpetuity, or they will return. Sorry!

EDIT: For clarification, spider mite eggs live for weeks and weeks, so if you just saw them Sunday, you have a long row to hoe still. Hard as hell to kill the eggs, I've found nothing that does it. You have to kill the new ones over and over.

Thank you everybody we have since killed all spidermites and the girls are doing better now but will get this thread up so I can refere to it of it happens again
The first time I encountered Spider Mites I thought I had killed them all and that life was good. Within 10 days or so, well life for me and the plants was not so good. And having a perpetual grow, those Spider Mites can become nightmares over and over.

You mentioned your situation on Sunday and today is Wednesday. Even if you started treating on Monday you cannot have killed every Spider Mite on all 4 of your plants, on the floor, walls, and any cracks in the wall plaster.

Then like @Pbass mentions you have to deal with the eggs. Any egg that was laid on Sunday is hatching today. The mite then goes through several stages of growth and is laying eggs by next Sunday. An egg laid on Monday will hatch tomorrow and that mite is laying more eggs next Monday.

Spray, baby spray. Spray every day, even twice a day for 3 days and the war is still not won.

Back
Top Bottom