SSH needs help: hermaphrodite?

Leonizm

420 Member
Hi guys. My girl is almost two weeks into flowering and only on one branch it produced ball-like organs as given in the pic. Is it turning into hermafrodite? Should I do anythi g? I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200612_184330.jpg
    IMG_20200612_184330.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20200612_184327.jpg
    IMG_20200612_184327.jpg
    796 KB · Views: 48
The other branches are all female though :oops:
Either way it’s about to spread a million pollen spores in your grow area, which will guarantee seeds all over your current plants, your future plants, and your neighbors plants.

Aren't these female??

Attachments

• IMG_20200612_191653.jpg
    IMG_20200612_191653.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200612_191640.jpg
    IMG_20200612_191640.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20200612_191555.jpg
    IMG_20200612_191555.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 37
It's the only plant in the growing room. Is there anything I can do to save it?
I see the female flowers you are talking about- you can pull off those balls and try to keep up with it, but the plant is likely doomed. I know it’s tough to do but you’re better off starting over with a feminized seed.

I see the female flowers you are talking about- you can pull off those balls and try to keep up with it, but the plant is likely doomed. I know it’s tough to do but you’re better off starting over with a feminized seed.
It was a feminized seed at least thats what the seller said. thats why I'm surprised.

It was a feminized seed at least thats what the seller said. thats why I'm surprised.
I wish I had better news for ya! I just had a feminized autoflower go hermie on me too. It happens, and I’ll be using a different seed supplier for my next grows.

The thing is I live Turkey and it's impossible to find seeds here and also really hard to buy them from abroad. So I cant give the decision to throw it away as easily as you guys do :) I bought these seeds from the Netherlands. It was a feminized photoperiod Super Silver Haze. As I said before that was what the seller said and it was a reputable one. Anyway I am going to hold onto her a little while longer. I hope it turns out good although there seems a little chance.

The thing is I live Turkey and it's impossible to find seeds here and also really hard to buy them from abroad. So I cant give the decision to throw it away as easily as you guys do :) I bought these seeds from the Netherlands. It was a feminized photoperiod Super Silver Haze. As I said before that was what the seller said and it was a reputable one. Anyway I am going to hold onto her a little while longer. I hope it turns out good although there seems a little chance.
I would try again then. It sounds like maybe something went wrong and the plant is feeling some stress in some way... this is why they go hermi after all, they think that they are being threatened and have to do whatever they must to continue the species.
I would also contact the reputable seller, asking them for their advice, and carefully describe your growing conditions for them to be able to analyze. At worst you will get some good advice directly from the experts and at best they will send you a replacement seed to make up for your trouble.
So, what stressed her out? Got any clues?

I topped her three times during vegatation. Thats the only reason that I can think of. However, I applied the same or maybe harsher procedure to my plants before and they did come out just fine. Should I cut the branch with balls or just take out them?

Compost material. Effort + money + time + disappointment = no joy. Therefore, it'd be illogical to continue. That many, that early... my opinion is, it's not a case of stress causing opposite-sex flowers, it's just a hermaphrodite. You could try picking them all off, but I'm guessing there would just be more later, and that the likelihood of eventually missing some would be pretty high. A staminate flower or two, late in the flowering phase, can produce anywhere from some to many seeds along with a heap of bud. Which is annoying, but it happens now and then. A true hermaphrodite will produce thousands of (hermaphrodite) seeds with a little bit of cannabis wrapped around them.

Better a little pain now. . . .

Back
Top Bottom