Steviodaddio's Round 2 HID + LED

Been super lazy and I haven't bothered trimming much.

Cutting down the last plant tonight with intentions of blowing it into wax.

With some motivation I might have a final number by Tuesday.

Smoke report for Agent Orange, I give it two thumbs up. Smooth, tasteful and it got me ripped. Take it with a grain of salt because I get ripped from almost anything :laughtwo:

I decided to call quits on trimming at the 3.5 lb mark.

On the real side of things I'm pretty sure I have at least another two pounds of bud I could trim and jar up but the THC bomb is pretty brittle for some reason and both LSDs are pretty fluffy (even though there's a shitload of it). Had offers from people to take the trim off my hands for their own line of work which helps them out and helps me out with zero work. Pretty excited since I know I broke the 5 lb mark so I would call this one a success. Out of the 7 that weren't out of hand like the LSD's, the largest I pulled from one plant was 14 ounces of all dense and near perfect bud. Could possibly have stretched the popcorn and smaller buds I didn't bother with to have maybe pulled a rough pound but I'll admit to being short and maybe shoot for that goal in the near future.

I couldn't be anymore excited with how everything ended, totally being ready to tackle the next grow (in signature).

Here's my list of top 3 things to consider when growing indoors for a newbie. I started off with 5 but worked them together a little.

1.) PLAN AHEAD. I'm not upset by the turn out in yield but vegging them as long as they were created an awesome yielding grow that was accompanied by nightmares. High yielding, lower plant count journals are a lot of fun to read to motivate yourself (especially pound per plants) but I've realized that it was a bad idea for my first grow, even considering it was really an accident. The plan ahead part stems down to making sure you are ready for every next move that doesn't hold you back from something relatively major, in my case not having a room in another area for the autoflowers and other plants that were not going on a 12 hour light cycle to continue growing. Plan for the typical vegging and flowering, but also don't forget about what in my opinion is hands down the most valuable part in your grow, drying and curing areas, for smooth smoke and decent taste. I lucked out that my buddies autoflowers finished just days before mine so we could turn the vegging room into a drying room. This will not be an option in my current perpetual grow.

2.) Don't get in over your head, this involves multiple things. Being a medical patient with an outdoor grow under my belt (which required almost zero effort), I couldn't wait to get all my indoor gear bought, setup and new plants rolling. After having 14 of 15 plants eventually turn male or show signs of being a hermy, I had to step back and rethink my strategy. I was not equipped with sufficient nutrients and knowledge of nutes, I over thought the issues I was dealing with (a simple nitrogen deficiency), I spent money in areas that were unnecessary for what I was currently involved in (why buy nearly $1,200 worth of hydro equipment if you're going to park it all in your basement corner?) and I was also overwhelmed at other things going on in my life. If I could go back I would have started with a few plants instead of going big and maxing my plant count. It would have cut down on the stress and disappointed feeling of not being successful my first round (maybe I took it to heart more than most), it would have eliminated the need to spend the amount money on equipment that I had not being utilized properly and it might have lead to me actually finishing a few more of the White Nightmares I was so eager to see produce bud. Get a game plan of everything before you start; financials, equipment, available growing area, mediums, nutrients, strains, etc., and set a goal that isn't astronomical like I did :laughtwo:

3.) Less is more. I don't think I would have dealt with all the issues if I would have listened to this small piece of advice from a few select individuals. There are smart people here, listen to them.

It's awesome looking back on everything seeing your accomplishments and more importantly your failures. This one's in the books! Onto the next grow journal.

:thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom