Steviodaddio's Round 2 HID + LED

Steviodaddio

What strain is it?TGA Agent Orange, LSD x (?), White Nightmare, Yank’s Cheese, Apricot Kush, Strawberry Sour Diesel, Pineapple Chunk, Auto Blue Amnesia (Buddy's plants are Fast & Vast and 2 Vast 2 Fast in veg room)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?Various Hybrids
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?Flower & Veg
If in Veg... For how long?Too long
If in Flower stage... For how long?Started flower March 6th, 2015
Finish Date:May 10th - 21st, 2015
Indoor or outdoor?Mainly Indoor, Training some for outdoor
Soil or Hydro?Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?Brother’s super soil mixed/topped with FF Happy Frog
If soil... What size pot?5.5 – 10 gal (#7s - #15s)
Size of light?4.4k Flower, 2.3k Veg (Soon to be adding more to both rooms)
Room SizesFlower Room: 12'x16', 1700 CFM Phresh CF, Titan Helios 10 8,000 Watt Controller, Veg Room: 10'x10', 850 CFM Phresh CF, Titan Helios 9 4,000 Watt Controller
Flower Room Lights?3 Phantom II 1k Ballasts, Nano 1k, Four 8" Enclosed Reflectors(Magnum, Whitestar, 2x Raptor) 1x Advanced DSXML 350 LED, Random Vegging T5 6 bulb
Veg Room Lights?Two Nano 1k Ballasts, One Raptor 8", 48" Parabolic Vertical Hood, 1x Advanced DSXML 350 LED
Temp of Room/cab?Lights on: 80-82 Lights off :67-70
RH of Room?Flower Room: 40% Veg Room: 50%
PH of media or res?6.5
How often are you watering?Flower room: Every day Veg room: Every 2-3 days
Type and strength of ferts used?Advanced Grow & Bloom, B52, Big Bud, Bud Candy, Botanicare Vitamino, General Organics CalMag, Fox Farms Big Bloom Organic

My goal for this current round is bottom end 5 lbs dried weight. Have had multiple people say they think they big ones will pull over a pound each but who's to say until it's done. I learned the hard way and got my hopes up during my first attempt a few months back where 14 of 15 White Nightmares went male. I would be tickled pink if the 9 large ones in the flower room total out 5+.

Flower Room:

Veg Room: (Apricot Kush, 2 Strawberry Sour Diesel, and a tiny LSDx(?) are going outside soon, closest to door)

Auto Blue Amnesia Finished and have been drying as of 5 days ago, pictures after water leaves trimmed, dry weight in a few days.

This is one of my buddies in the same veg room. All of his are autoflower Vast & Fast and 2 Vast 2 Fast, they're mainly the ones under the LED and HPS Raptor. This one is a V&F that stands at ~39", anyone interested in autoflowers check these ladies out from Herbies.

*Pictures as of 3/17/2015. New photos coming late tonight after lights on or tomorrow morning.

Got updated pictures as of tonight, 3/24/15.

Photo_Mar_24_1_15_33_AM.jpg
Photo_Mar_24_1_15_39_AM.jpg
Photo_Mar_24_1_15_43_AM.jpg
Photo_Mar_24_1_15_57_AM.jpg
Photo_Mar_24_1_16_03_AM.jpg
Photo_Mar_24_1_16_09_AM.jpg
Photo_Mar_24_1_17_27_AM.jpg
Photo_Mar_24_1_17_30_AM.jpg
Photo_Mar_24_1_17_44_AM.jpg
Photo_Mar_24_1_18_12_AM.jpg

why are your sticky traps way up high? theres no soil up there for fungus gnats.....

They're for adult gnats that made it into the room from a few plants my brother handed off to me not long ago (Don't ask me about his methods, you may have a stroke hearing about it). They're not made to be put in in the soil. If I wanted something in the soil I'd use that covering stuff or mosquito bites, or buy other insects that would eat them but I don't want a jungle in my grow room. They travel to the color and they work perfect where they're at. I don't even need them up but I leave them in case a stray one somehow gets back into the room.

Wow that is quite a big grow with a lot of big lights.
Get us some sweet bud close up pics too please. Those are some nice big plants

Badass rooms dude.

Thanks guys, still hoping to improve it and add a few more lights but I'm already so deep in my investment at this point I'm figuring out my best way to add some complimentary lighting without breaking my bank even more. Was considering vertically hanging two 600w's to make up where the hoods and the one LED are lacking in area coverage.

When the lights come on I'll snag a few pictures and put them up. I also cleaned the room late last night and got some more wires hung so I don't have a rug over wires across the floor and got it vacuumed. It was getting pretty bad or maybe it was my OCD kicking in. I made that 1/2" tubing watering system that goes to each plant and I don't even use it cause I have to dial it in and I've been lazy putting it on my daily chores list. :laughtwo: Considering just taking it apart until next grow so I can fine tune it. I used it once for like 45 seconds and ended up flooding every pot cause I went overkill on the pump. :laughtwo:

I should have mentioned this as well that I believe today is day 22 or 23 of flower. It's down in my journal in the room but next time I post pictures I'll remember to include that.

We're looking at some with a ~62 day flower and some up to a ~70 day so at the latest I believe we'll be looking at about May 17th before the later finishing can be chopped.

Hehe I use half inch feed on mine too ;-)

Mine are all soil though! Is that an ebb and flow system you made? I bought a Titan 12 site Ebb & Flow, built a four site 8 gallon RDWC setup and have 4 General Hydroponics Top Drip buckets that I haven't utilized yet.. Maybe next grow when I'm not as pressed for cash and time I can actually take a stab at hydro. It pains me to look at over $1,000 of hydro equipment collecting dust in the corner because I jumped the gun thinking I would use them quicker. :hmmmm:

I broke down and bought a Nanolux Dual 600w ballast with vertical moguls and picked up two more Eye Hortilux HPS bulbs. Going to run them towards the center of the room to help out lighting where I've had to train the girls out of the light from crowding and stretching. Should receive it by April 1st (no joke :laughtwo:) and then we'll be rocking.

Got some new pictures though. Nice little panoramic photo to start her off.

These are all Apricot Kush clones except one in the top left corner which is a White Nightmare. First time trying to clone and I believe all but 2 of the 13 have popped roots which was exciting. Just used regular 6 - 6.3 ph'd water to start. Didn't think I'd have much luck since the water fluctuated pH so often from lack of care and also the res. water was pretty dang warm but they made these in I believe 9 days as of tonight.

This is the first of two Auto Blue Amnesia from Ministry of Cannabis. I yielded 3oz. on the dot and it's about 30% smaller than the second one I grew that currently has about 4 more days of drying so with some hopes maybe 4.5 oz out of that but we'll see. I threw them in for shits and giggles so an extra 6-8 ounces is quite alright with me in just over 2 months.

For anyone that cares I just snapped a picture of my water tank with RO stopper and nute cabinet. I built a roller for it (ooooh, aaaaahh) :laughtwo:

Off to bed. This 4:00 am stuff is killing me..

I am not sure if my system is ebb and flow or what the generally accepted name is. It is just something I made. Water pump is in lower bucket and it pumps up to the other three buckets and returns to the lower one by the lower hoses. A timer turns the pump on three times a day for 1.5 hours each time. There is also a valve going to a flexible hose to drain the system using the same pimp just by turning the valve and there is two air stones in the lower bucket.

Ebb and flow, flood and drain, whatever you want to call it. That's what the Titan system is, just with a 55 gallon reservoir and a controller bucket to regulate flow. It's a cool way to grow, I'm bummed to say the least that I haven't had a chance to use any of my stuff.

Took photos of the clone's roots last night and forgot to plug the pump back in. Needless to say the whole night without water took a nice toll on the plants but some of them are popping back up. Not worried about it as they were mainly to experiment cloning. Still a little bummer but no big deal, lol.

Rockin' day 34 of flower. Added a vertical 600w to the room and my temps have been skyrocketing so I can't put up my second 600w vertical yet. It's been manageable with my door entirely open and a fan blowing into it keeping it around ~83 degrees. With the door cracked and sucking air in I watched it rise to 92 which worried me. Planning on picking up a 15,000 btu air conditioner in the next week to hopefully keep it somewhat under control when the door isn't wide open. I know I should consider doing multiple units or a split unit that's anywhere from 24k+ up but I can't drop the cash and install it where I'm at so we'll see if a 15,000 will keep it down.

Anyone with a 12x16' room or something similar and ~5k of lights have any experience with a 15,000 btu air conditioner?

Looking good. Keep up the good work. No idea on ac questions.

The local grow shop has an Ideal Air 12,000 btu dual hose (no reviews I can find) that I can get with my grower's discount for about $460 but then I was also looking at Haier (great reviews, highly doubtful any use in a grow room though) and a few other 14,000 and 15,000 btu units for roughly the same price or another $50 or so. Just having a hard time picking the best one out for the price.

Some guys say 3,000-3,500 btu per 1,000 watt light so I'm looking near 15,000 to maintain, just starting to stress me out not being able to find a proper solution right away or buying something I'm entirely unsure of. I can't seem to find what the maintained temperature level is with X amount of lights, in a room X sized with a X many btu air conditioner. No one likes to post up their experience or numbers, at least nothing in the past year with a current unit or where I've looked. :helpsmilie:

The idea came into my head to air cool the hoods (duh...) Would be cheaper than anything and I whipped up a fancy drawing :laughtwo:

Run a 8" filter and fan through the lights, tie it into my current 10" filter and fan setup. Any benefit to this over air conditioning outside of price?

Back
Top Bottom