Steviodaddio's Round 2 HID + LED

I really don't have an honest answer for that. If I were to guess maybe 2-3 lbs of my stuff but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. My buddy also has a few of his auto flowers drying in there. Maybe more, maybe less depending on how dense they are. It's day 3 for some and 4 for others of drying so there's anywhere from 3 days to a week of drying left. Room is staying at a perfect 69.4 degrees and 62% humidity so it couldn't be any more perfect now. Hopefully we'll have a weight soon

Some may take longer I have a few strains that take 14-16 days hanging at 55% rh and 60f

Mainly my big indica dominant ones like lemon kush, blue diesel.

Bigger buds take a hair longer to snap. I also wick them while hanging. One day every third I run a large dehumidifier and then every 5th day so usually twice higher heat like 75 just twice over hanging time that's it. It wicks the moisture more even in my situation

OG, Dutty could probably show you a few pictures with more :laughtwo:

We'll see DP, none of these colas are that massive like some I've seen you produce but they're pretty dense as far as I know or have seen before. I have a dehumidifier running outside the room but I should probably pull it in for a day. How come you run at 55 humidity and not 60 or 65? I guess I've always shot for 60s because of curing at 62% but convince me otherwise and I'll turn it down, lol.

55-60 is about prime rh in my experience

Shit boveda even made a cannabis specific pack at 58%

Your right the big big ones take longer more moisture content and chlorophyll still very present. The reason I wick is cause hanging the top which was the bottom will be a Lil more dry I try and create an even dryness for trimming so it's not all over the map.

I bring the heater in to help wick but usually only oct-may colder outside temps and higher rh at those times do to so many variables even atmospheric pressure.

Also each drying area is different and it varies widely if you branch hang instead of whole plant hang. Now that I'm washing my product I've had to adjust all drying a Lil. It's quicker Now like 7-10 days then trim.

So this is where you could be at 14 days plus of hanging.
DSC_2081.JPG
DSC_20832.JPG
DSC_20483.JPG

As for the t5 led choice Leds will be coming down in price point very soon. And new high end gear I've got to look at that's not out yet drops late November light addict knows a Lil about this as well he's an led guy. I personally will be staying with t5 and hid till probably 2016 at the earliest even when I go rec.

If you got the cash quantums bad boy t5's are amazing well worth the cash. I keep veg kinda budget minus my new hortilux power veg t5 bulbs with Uva and uvb spectrum only t5 bulbs made in America and with uv spectrums there 25 a whack about. Hydrofarm and envirogro are my only t5 brand fixtures

All my Boveda packs are 62% from any store I've bought them from. I wonder if it's a regional weather thing why we only see the 62% ones out here. I know they make them at like 20 different levels but I've never seen them in this neck of the woods. How's washing going for you? Was reading that write up thread about it and most people were mentioning high brix stuff or any grow where you foliar spray a lot. Have you ever done a comparison of growth rates from MH vs T5s?

And how come Quantum BadBoys are only 20 bucks more on Amazon vs EnviroGro's? I was about to buy 3 or 4, I'm glad you mentioned those.

I was reading about that new LED diode that a university was working on that is apparently full spectrum or something. Is that this new technology? Can't remember what it's called..

Graphene LEDs **

And I wish I had a 14 day drying problem with buds that large. You need to hook me up with that Amazon seed site somehow :laughtwo:

Pm me for my email

Quantum have some that are adjustable like wings. I've seen them in action awesome

I haven't used mh in oh like 4 years. Heat and electricity usage as well as ability to daisy chain made me switch.

I guess I never realized that T5's still pulled anywhere from 200-450 watts for a typical 4-8 bulb setup. I read my envirogrow and I saw 52w and I was like "sweet, only 52w of power, that's garbage." :laughtwo: Still over half the amount a MH would use but I'm just curious the node spacing, penetration and foot print the T5 has compared to a MH. The heat and electricity bill do probably out weight those factors unless I really only end up needing to run two 1,000 watt MH's instead of 4 like I'm anticipating. I'll have to figure out whether I want to pick up a few more T5s or not... Hmm, decisions..

Been looking at Hydro Crunch T5's, Grow Crew T'5s and then obviously the EnviroGro's. All within the same price and all of them have high reviews. Still deciding what to pull the trigger on.

Plus I've been jotting a list down of all the mistakes I've made throughout this grow so other people in the same shoes might not make them or have better guidance. Once I chop my last two in the next week or so I'll put it up.

Throwing up some pictures later in the day if I remember. Have the first pound jarred and curing out of the first two plants. About to go down and bust out another pound possibly out of the next two or three plants. Not sure if it will hit five pounds, am assuming about 3.5-4 but I realized all the places I went wrong and it's definitely a learning experience. Once I trim up some more I'll snag updated pictures.

Wow that's a lot of pounds ! :cool:

Never enough OG, :laughtwo:

Ended up going out to the bar last night as I'm leaving a day earlier than I thought for my sister's fiance's bachelor party this weekend. My lady's birthday is this weekend so I figured I'd spend more time with her before I left and never got around to any pictures.

Hit the 2 pound mark a few minutes ago for roughly 3 full plants. Surprised because I think what's remaining in the room will bring about another 16 to 24 ounces when I only guesstimated 2.5 for the entirety of it. Hopefully I'm wrong again, lmao. Each jar contains 32.5 grams just due to me being lazy and not giving the finest trim that I could so I stack the jar a little more accounting for whatever someone else might take off plus the minimal loss of water weight. Some people might say it's a little over the top but it makes others happy.

My buddy has a few plants left to trim (blowing wax out of two really crispy ones) and he hit the 1 lb mark with the jars on the left. Hoping he might hit a total between a pound and a half to two but we'll see.

Finally back from the bachelor party weekend. Threw the biggest lady in the drying room about an hour before I left the house on Thursday so she has at least a few more days of drying still to come. Contemplating cutting down the final plant just because I don't have much faith it will fill out at all and I might just blow it into wax. Plus once she's out of there I can take cuttings off the two bigger plants I have and flip them into flower. Gotta trim up another pound+ tomorrow and get it into jars so I have more room in the drying room and then we'll be golden.

Back
Top Bottom