Still having issues with rust & necrotic spots

420growerUK

420 Member
Started using cal mag with no changes one plant has been removed but I've left the roots in as they are tangled with the other plants roots and don't want to cause any unnecessary problems as I'm in fist 2 weeks of flower all is looking good plenty bud sites but now starting to see rust on this one now could it be pests? Possible mites? No webbing etc tho, I have intake fan and ext fan but I think I could do with extra extraction so I was thinking using both fans for extraction and just letting the fans draw fresh air from outside the grow room which would be fine as its an outbuilding, I really don't know what to do here I was thinking about using silver bullet roots and hope that it turns things around along with using my same feeding schedule with the added cal mag etc..... pic attached (not the best pics but you can see the spots and leaf edge looks burned???? My RH is low could this be a cause?

Attachments

• DSC_0476.JPG
    DSC_0476.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0475.JPG
    DSC_0475.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0473.JPG
    DSC_0473.JPG
    454.4 KB · Views: 87
Started using cal mag with no changes one plant has been removed but I've left the roots in as they are tangled with the other plants roots and don't want to cause any unnecessary problems as I'm in fist 2 weeks of flower all is looking good plenty bud sites but now starting to see rust on this one now could it be pests? Possible mites? No webbing etc tho, I have intake fan and ext fan but I think I could do with extra extraction so I was thinking using both fans for extraction and just letting the fans draw fresh air from outside the grow room which would be fine as its an outbuilding, I really don't know what to do here I was thinking about using silver bullet roots and hope that it turns things around along with using my same feeding schedule with the added cal mag etc..... pic attached (not the best pics but you can see the spots and leaf edge looks burned???? My RH is low could this be a cause?
My advice in your case would be to slow your role! Your plant is just fine! If those tiny spots are about the worst of it I would say you have one of the healthiest plants you could hope for.
Dont kill it with love. Any plant will have a few leafs that have blemishes, pulling those leafs off will only make things worse.

There are NO issue/s that are seen in your pictures that need addressed at all.

My advice in your case would be to slow your role! Your plant is just fine! If those tiny spots are about the worst of it I would say you have one of the healthiest plants you could hope for.
Dont kill it with love. Any plant will have a few leafs that have blemishes, pulling those leafs off will only make things worse.

There are NO issue/s that are seen in your pictures that need addressed at all.

That's how the other one began tho and don't want it happening to this one as its my last plant out of two as the other one was beyond repair, I will up the extractor and keep going with cal mag and silver bullet roots hopefully everything is okay as the plant looks really healthy and full of bud sites but just these annoying rust spots haha thanks for the help buddy

That's how the other one began tho and don't want it happening to this one as its my last plant out of two as the other one was beyond repair, I will up the extractor and keep going with cal mag and silver bullet roots hopefully everything is okay as the plant looks really healthy and full of bud sites but just these annoying rust spots haha thanks for the help buddy
Well, I can tell you this. If it's not rust (I sure dont think it looks like it at all) and you pull a leaf off that the plant took something from then the plant will just start pulling from a different leaf. Then, your in a never ending circular firing squad with your plant.

Well, I can tell you this. If it's not rust (I sure dont think it looks like it at all) and you pull a leaf off that the plant took something from then the plant will just start pulling from a different leaf. Then, your in a never ending circular firing squad with your plant.
I only pulled they ones as I couldn't get a decent pic under the hps haha I will get a new no pest strip as the one I have is about 9 months old just to make sure I'm covering all areas

Rust spots on leaves can also be caused by pH fluctuations in your soil / grow media. If the pH is higher at the top of your soil & low at the bottom of your soil it can cause rust spots on leaves. I had this issue too. I flushed with 6.4 pH water since Cal Mag is best absorbed at 6.4. Let it dry out some & started adding 8 mil. per gallon of Cal Mag every time I watered for the next 2 weeks & none of the new growth got rust spots. The ones already spotted wont clear up but new growth was all good.

Back
Top Bottom