Strain Growing Difficulty?

HugePeckerhead

Hi everyone. I didn't want to start a thread on this but I was curious and looking for some of your awesome and detailed answers. Anyways, like the titles says.....I've noticed on some sites that strains have growing difficulties. Some are beginners and others are advance or medium. Can anyone touch base with me on this? If the plant is taken care of properly.....why would it be any different then another strain?

Lots of different variables involved basically, can be that way with lots of plants of the same type, Roses for example they can vary on difficulty a lot whereas (but I don't know for sure) a carrot plant probably no different than another type of carrot. Example: Some Sativa's are very finicky on nutrients (they don't need as much and too much will cause you a lot more grief than some Indica's where it would just burn the tips and just keep on keeping on), some like a dry cycle more than others, some temp variances will affect more than others, etc......

Right, as I understand it every strain has a window of conditions it's happy in. The smaller that window is the more difficult it is to grow. Some plants are ok hot or cold, some don't like heat, some don't like cold, some like lots of food some don't care how much food they get some can't handle much at all.

I don't know about the food part but its definitely genetics at play.

Choose your seeds wisely.

Don't go for a landrace sativa that takes +100 days of flowering as an example as your first try at cannabis growing.

Back
Top Bottom