Strains with high THCV

CanadianJim

I have been looking for seeds of some of the high THCV strains for a while now, but there is very little information about them. I'll find listings for the strains that have the highest levels of it, but they are almost never available. Even worse, there's never any info on what % of THCV they have.
In my google searches I came across a screengrab from this forum on the subject, but it had been cropped so the relevant info was off the edge. And the search function didn't turn up any relevant info, or the thread I was looking for. Maybe I did it wrong.
@Jackalope , @Nunyabiz I believe it was you guys discussing this. Did you come to any conclusions?
I would pm you, but that just seems creepy somehow.

Pretty much a summary of what I have seen on it:

THCV is a minor cannabinoid, and it’s found at trace levels in most strains. At higher concentrations, this cannabis has been found in particular strains of African descent.

So it seems to be found in smaller concentrations (% numbers) than CBD strains, along with pure landrace stuff is hard to find (and even then you don't know if it is actually or just a hybrid of something else same as any other "Strain" you buy), throw in different pheno's and might not be a dominant trait and doesn't show up as much. It's something they have figured out more recently and not sure it is "required testing numbers by any of governing bodies", as I haven't seen any numbers for it at Dispensaries very often on the labels (same as they don't break THC numbers down into THCa% THCb% either and just give you a THC% number is all.

What I found and liked about Jack the Ripper. Was the fact that it got you plenty high and didn't give you the munchies at all. Pretty sure that had to do with the THCV in it. I have since found it is easier to figure out how not to eat then it is to find strain that have high THCV like the JTR had.

Mostly because there is no real way to find out if it is there other then testing.

At one time I thought THCV was more prevalent in lemon strain. Now I am not so sure. While THCV strains may be out there. "The hype" of THCV is the main thing now.

Jack the Ripper then. Thanks guys. It's less about the hype for me, mostly because I haven't heard any really. I did hear about it reducing or eliminating munchies, and that's mostly why I've been looking. I was able to keep myself from eating, but that was pretty distracting, and kinda kept me from enjoying the high. Especially as I found myself in the kitchen with my hand on the cookie bag with no memory of getting there, lol.
I don't even like cookies.

I have a few Jack the ripper seeds I'm going to try to make some seeds with them at some point. It's always been one of my favorite strains

I really liked the Galactic Jack of his (Jack The Ripper x Space Queen) that I grew awhile back. Got some testers off his site that were freebies with an order over a year ago Kaffir Lime (Black Lime x Jack the Ripper), but haven't popped any of those yet.

If you can find JTR seeds they will be regs. Norstar genetics had them available awhile ago. Just after the passing of Subcool. After they are gone they probably won't ever be released again. It's a 15 year's old strain that doesn't fit the Hype strains nowadays

I really liked the Galactic Jack of his (Jack The Ripper x Space Queen) that I grew awhile back. Got some testers off his site that were freebies with an order over a year ago Kaffir Lime (Black Lime x Jack the Ripper), but haven't popped any of those yet.
That's a awesome strain too. I've always been a big fan of Subcools work. I just finished my breeding project making Chernobyl F2's few months ago. Also one of my favorite ones

Huh. Anyone have any experience with these guys?
jtr-psb.JPG

That's cool. I've never seen them feminized or from anyone else except TGA or norstar which was Sub's head breeder, he called chef Joel. If you get those please tag me in the journal :D

That Chelumbian I have going currently in Veg is from Norstar (UK Cheese x Santa Marta Columbian Gold), popped 2 and 1 was a boy so he is gone, have like 4 different Strains from them and my first go around with their gear but have heard good things on them too.

That Chelumbian I have going currently in Veg is from Norstar (UK Cheese x Santa Marta Columbian Gold), popped 2 and 1 was a boy so he is gone, have like 4 different Strains from them and my first go around with their gear but have heard good things on them too.
Cool beans. I'm looking forward to seeing them in bloom :D They have Panama red and some of those crossed that look interesting. I'm trying to break my seed addiction. I've got enough for couple lifetimes. Lol. Plus now with dabbling in breeding I have tons. I do still want P red tho.... someday :rofl:

The Durban, and other African strains are supposed to be good for THCV, but I tried it a couple of times, and I got pretty hungry both times. Definitely more munchies than I got from most sativa strains. I'll look into getting some seeds of it from a more reliable source though. I'll get regs so I can cross it with the JTR. Assuming this seedbank is good, of course.

I'm trying to break my seed addiction. I've got enough for couple lifetimes. Lol. Plus now with dabbling in breeding I have tons. I do still want P red tho.... someday :rofl:

Yeah I have the same problem :rofl:

For Norstar I have in my too many collection ;) :

Chelumbian (UK Cheese x Santa Marta Columbian Gold)
Columbian Queen (Killer Queen x Columbian Gold)
El Naranjo De Rojo (Panama Red x Tangie)
Sour Chelumbian (East Coast Sour Diesel x Chelumbian)
Balsamic: Sour Chelumbian x Purple Mayhem (freebies)

Back
Top Bottom