I am trying to locate seeds for Doug's Varin or Jack the Ripper: so far impossible

Narsbars

I am trying to locate seeds for Doug's Varin or Jack the ripper, to my knowledge the highest THCV strains.

Please let me know if you know a reliable seed bank that you have done business with that has the strain. After several weeks of looking online I can only find either sites that have no reviews or many bad reviews. I know about Durban Poison but I am looking for a strain with a higher THCV content.

Thanks Please if you can point me to a high THCV strain I will be grateful.

Never heard of the first one, but Jack the Ripper was a TGA/Subcool creation and since he passed a couple years back it will be next to impossible to find unless someone else picked it up (and if not his line then may not even be the same thing or makeup).

You can forget about either of those, you'll never find them.

Try Novarine from Elite Seeds
Its about 8+% each THCV/THC and 2% CBD.
Or also Diet Durban which is 7% each THCV/THC

There is another one called Quatrovarin which is 3% CBDV 5% CBD 4% THC and 4% THCV
that one is usually out but its at least possible to get occasionally.

@Narsbars

I know for a fact that Doug's Varin can be found at our forum sponsor @Weed Seeds Express .
@InTheShed and I will be doing a joint grow for WSE highlighting that plant in the fall.
I got my seeds a few weeks ago.

I looked for Doug's Varin for 2+ years and never found it.
Maybe the company/guy that came up with it (Dougies Farm) is starting to sell seeds now.
But for years they kept it proprietary to make THCV vaporizer cartridges with.

Ha, just looked it up and came right up first link, I see why they are finally selling the seeds now.
$20 per seed.
I may have to buy a 10 pack just out of pure spite because I looked for the seeds for so long.
I ve personally given up on THC myself, I get too much of the paranoia, anxiety crap and finally just had it. But my wife I am sure would enjoy it so ill grow some for her.
I suppose its possible the THCV could work for me but I doubt it because that bud sounds strong as hell.
Its I believe a minimum of 19% THC and a minimum of 15% THCV with maybe 1% total other cannabinoids which is like a minimum of 35%, and could be much higher, crikey.

I am going to stick to the high CBD, CBDV, CBG and high terpene strains for myself. Something with very small amounts of THC.
Maybe do a blend of 90% CBD and 10% Doug's Varin.

Maybe the company/guy that came up with it (Dougies Farm) is starting to sell seeds now.

Ha, just looked it up and came right up first link, I see why they are finally selling the seeds now.
$20 per seed.
I may have to buy a 10 pack just out of pure spite because I looked for the seeds for so long.
I ve personally given up on THC myself, I get too much of the paranoia, anxiety crap and finally just had it. But my wife I am sure would enjoy it so ill grow some for her.
I suppose its possible the THCV could work for me but I doubt it because that bud sounds strong as hell.
Its I believe a minimum of 19% THC and a minimum of 15% THCV with maybe 1% total other cannabinoids which is like a minimum of 35%, and could be much higher, crikey.

I am going to stick to the high CBD, CBDV, CBG and high terpene strains for myself. Something with very small amounts of THC.
One of the best strains that I've tried for taste, smell and bag appeal was Blue Shark. It's. 1:1 @ 6% THC/CBD. You can smoke a bunch and never get too stoned but you feel really darn good. Maybe something like that would be up your alley?
It wasn't really strong enough for me but something about it makes me want to grow it again. Probably the feeling of well-being that comes over you after a session? No haziness to compete with tasks at hand? Maybe it's a few reasons. Lol

I've been looking for the Varin for a few years myself. Was in awe that they got it in at WSE. There are so many possible benefits for THCV use, especially for women. Good on you for growing it for your wife.
They do have a high CBG strain at WSE (Citrus Nectar)but it isn't available in the US right now. Not sure why.
I think it comes in around 16%??

Just ordered 12 Doug's Varin and 12 Alpine Star CBD.
Will get those started about middle of December a couple weeks after current grow is harvested.
I know there are purple phenos hiding in the Alpine Star. @candycane grew one a little while back and she got one with some cool color on it.

From what I remember that strain really is a light feeder so go easy on the nutes.

One of the best strains that I've tried for taste, smell and bag appeal was Blue Shark. It's. 1:1 @ 6% THC/CBD. You can smoke a bunch and never get too stoned but you feel really darn good. Maybe something like that would be up your alley?
It wasn't really strong enough for me but something about it makes me want to grow it again. Probably the feeling of well-being that comes over you after a session? No haziness to compete with tasks at hand? Maybe it's a few reasons. Lol

I've been looking for the Varin for a few years myself. Was in awe that they got it in at WSE. There are so many possible benefits for THCV use, especially for women. Good on you for growing it for your wife.
They do have a high CBG strain at WSE (Citrus Nectar)but it isn't available in the US right now. Not sure why.
I think it comes in around 16%??

I know there are purple phenos hiding in the Alpine Star. @candycane grew one a little while back and she got one with some cool color on it.

From what I remember that strain really is a light feeder so go easy on the nutes.
When are you going to start the Doug's Varin?

I don't really give my plants nutrients , just amend the soil and they take what they need and what the microbes supply so hopefully that'll make her happy.

When are you going to start the Doug's Varin?
Whenever Shed has room. Think he just flipped his current plants so it should be in a few months from now.

$20 per seed.

Have you tried the CBG plant from Cannabiogen(CBG)?

I am trying to locate seeds for Doug's Varin or Jack the ripper, to my knowledge the highest THCV strains.

Please let me know if you know a reliable seed bank that you have done business with that has the strain. After several weeks of looking online I can only find either sites that have no reviews or many bad reviews. I know about Durban Poison but I am looking for a strain with a higher THCV content.

Check out Ethiopia from Ace(Ace told me that is their highest THCV strain). Ciskei from Tropical may have THCV also. Idk the % on any of these, JTR included but if THCV is what you seek those may be a good starting point. Durban Poison but that is such an over used strain imo... not saying it doesn't have it's place BUT to change things up try something different =] Seattle Chronic Seeds may be a supplier to look at also. Apparently he's focusing on the varins, cbg and cbd along with thc dominant strains. Idk if JTR is to be found uncrossed but I think Subcool made that one, please correct me if I am wrong!

I've tried to get a couple CBG plants but they're always sold out.
Idk where you live or what seed banks you are willing to work with but try googling cannabiogen and maybe just purchase direct from their site? They are on vacation until 9 - 6 but purchasing after that shouldn't be a problem.

Idk where you live or what seed banks you are willing to work with but try googling cannabiogen and maybe just purchase direct from their site? They are on vacation until 9 - 6 but purchasing after that shouldn't be a problem.
I may try that next time I am looking for seeds but that will be at least a year and a half from now.
Seeds I just got are going to last me awhile.

Available at weedseeds express

You can forget about either of those, you'll never find them.

Try Novarine from Elite Seeds
Its about 8+% each THCV/THC and 2% CBD.
Or also Diet Durban which is 7% each THCV/THC

There is another one called Quatrovarin which is 3% CBDV 5% CBD 4% THC and 4% THCV
that one is usually out but its at least possible to get occasionally.
Novarine is no longer in stock. DD couldn't be found on the site.

I'd be interested in something like Novarine.

Back
Top Bottom