Stunted Growth?

Yeah I wasn't sure about the Dome, all the videos and people I've been watching haven't had any on them. It's difficult cause a lot of people aren't using rockwool and it seems to be 2 very different grow methods.

I'll stop the spraying, and just keep with the watering the cubes.

So I've moved them to larger cubes as the roots have touched through to the bottom of the inch ones. They are growing but slowly
20170814_114509.jpg
. Still not sure If I should be watering them or just leave them as they are not drinking :( but watched this video and this guy is just flooding his like there is no tomorrow Cannabis Seedlings in Rockwool - Peterborough Hydroponic Centre - YouTube

I went to the store today and had a chat to the guys there and explained what was going on and showed them the pictures, they think I should actually be starting them on nutrients because the rockwool offers no nutrients at all, which is different to soil as obviously there are nutrients there straight away for the seedlings :( so now I'm not sure what do to, should I give them a mild dose or just keep it with water, their are new little leaves growing but they are a little yellow on the inside of the leaf not the tips...

I went to the store today and had a chat to the guys there and explained what was going on and showed them the pictures, they think I should actually be starting them on nutrients because the rockwool offers no nutrients at all, which is different to soil as obviously there are nutrients there straight away for the seedlings :( so now I'm not sure what do to, should I give them a mild dose or just keep it with water, their are new little leaves growing but they are a little yellow on the inside of the leaf not the tips...

Start feeding veg nutes at 1/4 max strength.

Well I had a good look around and came across 1 single seed that I must have missed the first time around so thought I might as well pop her in and see how she goes. Here's my findings in regards to growing with rockwool.

I germinated the seed the usually paper towel method except for this time when it poped, I placed it in a rockwool cube dunked in 250PPM from the get go. Then watered it daily with nutrients and just look at the difference.

20170818_182118.jpg

This is a Day 5 seedling on the left, compared to almost a 3 week seedling that was not started on nutrients for the first almost 2 weeks.
It's almost half the size already, its much greener and healthier.

So I would say to anyone growing purely in Rockwool, start your Nutrients from the beginning. Do not wait for the starter leaves to fall and die off, because I believe unless it's rooted in soil it needs something more to feed on.

I'll see how these go, I accidentally uprooted one of the original plants and snapped its roots about half an inch into the rockwool so I think she's going to die :( I'll keep an update comparison between the 4 original and 1 new one, but going from the looks of it, it will be bigger than the original ones within a week.

Looks like I'll have to order some more as I think even if I wait the extra month for them to arrive I think any new seeds will catch up

Do you mean Transplant them into the larger cubes ?

That is my next question,
For the first lot i did transfer them into the larger cubs as soon as I could see the roots from the seedlings grow out the bottom, however when I did this, they didn't seem to soak up any of the water in the large cube, it just sat their soaked.

Where as the smaller cubes they would Drink up for a few minutes, then the cube would dry out over the next few hours, then I'd give them another drink.. But giving them the same amount of water in the larger cubs just meant that the cubes never dried out.. they would always be heavy and soaking...

So when is the best time to put them in the larger cubes ? Is it when there is a a great root system that has used up most of the small 1/2 inch cubes ?

Just having to water and look after them sounds like a dream compared to this experience lol.

The new seedling is showing signs of yellowing as well this morning :( This is doing my head in
20170820_151310.jpg

Usually I take a picture just after watering them, within a few hours the cubes have normally dried out completely.

I just ordered a Bluelab Guardian Monitor as I was getting paranoid about the PH and EC levels checking them daily. So this will be a 24/7 monitor :)

20170827_091008.jpg

Ended up ditching the Rockwool idea and moved to soil, The original ones I think are pretty much on their last legs but the last seed seems to be going ok. It looks a little yellowish but its not nute burn as it's not on the tips, I think I might be over watering them so going to leave them for 1-2 days to see if it improves anything or makes it worse.

Back
Top Bottom