'Sup from Vegas!

desertfoo

Hey guys. I'm 21 in Sin City and have recently become reintroduced to an old friend of mine, Mary Jane. Just looking to become self-sufficient, reefer wise. This seems like a good place to start.

Thanks Soniq420 I did check it out, but I'm not sure exactly how far compact fluorescent lights need to be from plants. Does anyone know where I can find that out?

What I've heard the grow experts say is to use your hand as a gauge. As close as you can get without your hand getting too hot/burning.

This thread What are Compact Fluorescents and How Can I use them for Growing? gives the following advice

HANGING YOUR LIGHTS OVER YOUR PLANTS
Keep these lights under a reflector all of the time to concentrate the light onto the plant. Hang them horizontally, as most of the light is given off by the middle of the tubes. Keep them close to the plants. As a general rule of thumb, 1 inch away from the top of the plant is perfect. Any more, and you're wasting your time, and less and you risk burning your plant (although these lights are very cool, it is possible to burn your plant if it touches the light or ballast for an extended period of time). If you're given the option, go for a few compact fluoro's positioned around the plant, as opposed to 1 strong light at the top. Positioning lights around the plant help stop vertical stretching, and encourage the plant to bush out

Back
Top Bottom