SweetLeef's Hmong Thai Chile grow

I've noticed that chilis respond similarly to cannabis when pruned. Do your results show the same?

EDIT: I've seen my neighbor clone a chili, but I've never tried. Do you use rooting hormone, or stick it in dirt, or bubbler?

DSCF13151.JPG
DSCF14681.JPG

I wrapped the 36 oz with duck tape, have a air stone in the bottom. I cut the top out to hold a 3" net pot then depending how many I feel like cloning. Rooting gel, scraping the sides of course then into root riot plugs. I can do 4 at a time or fill the net pot with the soil I use along with 1 root riot plug or soil by it's self, works both ways.
I can see that training is very similar to cannabis to keep the height the same.:Namaste:

Ooooo, I've gotta try a hydro chili plant. I've already got a hempy tomato, but chili? Hells yeah. ;)

Best part about chilis and most pepper plants is that once they are done producing, they will keep on growing. No need to reveg or to clone.

Also are you hand polinating those? Production of the fruit will move much quicker if you take a paint brush and go around all the flowers. Looking very god I must say. I have some cayennes going right now as my first adventure into hot peppers. Slow but I'm sure it will be worth it!

I've currently got jala's and bell's outside, and while they both produced fruit all summer, they're mostly leaves now. I have some Asian sweet-tasting-yet-hot-looking chili, that's been alive for 4 years now, and it's still tiny, but gives me scores of peppers every year. My Tobasco has very-slowly-growing and -ripening chilis, but it continues to give me hundreds this year, since I got it last year. :) Down where I'm at, peppers grow like perennials.

The flowers on the purple-producer look awesome. I've never grown purple-tinged chili flowers, or purple chilis. Good work!

Thanks man! They are so pretty I'm glad the one of my first plants had the purple chilies!

DSCF13151.JPG
DSCF14681.JPG

I wrapped the 36 oz with duck tape, have a air stone in the bottom. I cut the top out to hold a 3" net pot then depending how many I feel like cloning. Rooting gel, scraping the sides of course then into root riot plugs. I can do 4 at a time or fill the net pot with the soil I use along with 1 root riot plug or soil by it's self, works both ways.
I can see that training is very similar to cannabis to keep the height the same.:Namaste:

That's great information! Thanks for sharing. Very helpful pictures :high-five:

Best part about chilis and most pepper plants is that once they are done producing, they will keep on growing. No need to reveg or to clone.

Also are you hand polinating those? Production of the fruit will move much quicker if you take a paint brush and go around all the flowers. Looking very god I must say. I have some cayennes going right now as my first adventure into hot peppers. Slow but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Thanks to this post I am! Went and got a brush and got to work playing bee!

I've currently got jala's and bell's outside, and while they both produced fruit all summer, they're mostly leaves now. I have some Asian sweet-tasting-yet-hot-looking chili, that's been alive for 4 years now, and it's still tiny, but gives me scores of peppers every year. My Tobasco has very-slowly-growing and -ripening chilis, but it continues to give me hundreds this year, since I got it last year. :) Down where I'm at, peppers grow like perennials.

That place sounds pretty awesome!!! I can't wait to grow more stuff!

When I dropped the seeds for these plants, two other little ones have popped up. I set the two weaker ones in the windowsill and the two stronger ones are the beauties we see today. One of the weak ones has since died and the other is doing well, but because of the lack of sun here, it's very tiny still. It's just as old as the two big ones, but it's still a seedling. Tonight I put her in the tent so she can get bigger like her siblings! Stoked to see what colors she makes :)

So i took a brush to all of the flowers and knew I was doing something when I had powder on my hands :)

About a week later more chilies started to grow and last night the plants looked like this
20141214_213024.jpg
20141214_213035.jpg
20141214_213149.jpg
20141214_213218.jpg

The yellow chilies are starting to turn color
The pictures aren't great, but in a couple of weeks these things will be bursting with chilies :)

Wow, they look beautiful, SweetLeef!

I use my electric toothbrush to pollinate my tomatoes. WOrks great.

WJ
:xmas:

So I have picked and eaten a couple of chilies. and they are so good. They taste like fruit. Mmm. I have more chilies on the way.

My boss today gave me some Phrik Kee Nu or Rat Shit Chilies today, to try and grow! I'm really excited about these ones! I am gonna head down and drop seeds here in a few, I'll snap a pic of the dried chilies I will be getting seeds from, but for now, here some some pictures of the plants already in progress.

20150112_231158.jpg
20150112_231033.jpg

This plant, is the chili plant that was the weakest of the three that popped in the beginning. I put her up in the window sill and she went into stasis or something because she didn't grow a wink. A few weeks ago I decided what the hell and threw her in the tent with the other two and she has really come to life. I will be plucking flowers from this one to get her a little bigger!
20150112_230954.jpg

Feel free to post pictures of your chile grows on this thread if you'd like :)

It's a clever name. Although, I've read that the birds eye chile has to be ingested by a bird to remove some coating the seed has, otherwise it won't germinate. Not sure if these are those. There is some kind of acid you can use or something, I don't know ;)

Back
Top Bottom