Hello everyone and positive vibes to all who need it.
Long story short dad has colon cancer and is unable/unwilling smoke cannabis, no way on suppositories and is uncomfortable with tacking and won't bother with that either. His mental outlook is grim and mom tries to keep him looking forward. He is willing to eat infused food and mom will cook with infused oils and butters.
Do I have hope in helping him? Mom controls his diet and does what she can for alkaline foods.

Oh, Susan. My Facebook feed today is nothing but affirmation of your wisdom :)

Betty White weighs in on positive thinking.

Sara, that Betty White interview was delightful. Thanks for the share. You'll do the mods a favor and head off the gentle reminder if you flag those two posts that have the Facebook links so they can be pulled, or better yet, edit them out yourself and save them the trouble. Facebook links are frowned upon because they interfere with that security feature we protect so much here. Rob invests so much time and money to keep us safe here, and those links aren't as concerned with protecting you.

Having said that, if you ever want to share something of this nature, and I encourage this delight, you can simply refer to it without the link. :battingeyelashes:

I wish we could all grow but only a small % is needed without the help from industry

We live with the threat of Federal prohibition. To allow such a thread would get this site closed down overnight. This is why we also avoid talk of shipping genetics or flowers and resist the urges to laugh about the exotic drugs we played with as youths. :laughtwo:

It won't always be so. They have this freedom in Canada. How much longer do you think the AMA and the pharmaceutical companies can realistically hold out against the flood of incoming information? Change is ahead. As we wait we can learn to support our endocannabinoid systems and grow healthier by the day. You have an ECS. You're evolved to heal. They can't outlaw what your brain and your body do on their own now, can they?

Hello everyone and positive vibes to all who need it.
Long story short dad has colon cancer and is unable/unwilling smoke cannabis, no way on suppositories and is uncomfortable with tacking and won't bother with that either. His mental outlook is grim and mom tries to keep him looking forward. He is willing to eat infused food and mom will cook with infused oils and butters.
Do I have hope in helping him? Mom controls his diet and does what she can for alkaline foods.

hello New B! Welcome again.

It's going to be very difficult to get enough cannabinoids to treat cancer without suppositories. In theory you could put 200 mg of CCO in each dose of edibles if you use a 1:1 blend of THC:CBD. There are several problems with that. One is that taking CCO orally greatly reduces the amount that can reach tumors because most gets metabolized by the liver. There are ways to help with that, bu it will still be far less effective than tacking and suppositories. The other problem is that at full dose taken orally your father will get high and may not like that either. CBD reduces psychoactivity of THC but at large doses there is still a strong effect. Suppositories and tacking don't get user high even at very high doses required for cancer treatment. Last issue is that for cancer you want mostly THC. Some people disagree on this point. I believe strongly that THC is most important for most cancers.

Here is link to page that explains the protocol many of us have used to successfully treat cancer.
A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

I took 1:1 CCO orally last spring without any improvement, although it was enough to keep it from getting worse. It may have been more effective if I had used it with the supplements recommended on the page linked above. This fall I started following protocol with suppositories and tumors have shrunk to no longer visible.

So get as much 1:1 CCO as possible into your father through his food and also use the supplements. My hope is that as you increase the doses his mood will improve to point he would be willing to try suppositories. If not the edibles with supplements may also work.

There are several members using DMSO for many conditions including cancer and I encourage you to look into that as well.

I wish you the best of luck with your father and your grow. We will be here to help you every step of the way.
And I hope you're okay with hugs because they fly fast and furious around here! :hug: "furious" in a healing sort of way. :hug:
:Namaste:

Thank you again for the welcome. Yes I hope his mood gets better and his willingness to try. He was optimistic at first but he fatigues fast and it frustrates him as he has been a busy guy all his life.
I will look into DMSO, I live about 3 hours away from him and mom is overwhelmed by all the extra work she has taken on since he's gotten more fatigue faster as time moves on. So it really depends how overwhelming it will be for mom. I kinda feel like I'm fighting harder then they are most days. I keep pushing and pushing. He has agreeable days and most not so agreeable. I'll keep on trying till I can't.

Also I have read the link before and talked to mom about it all and she thought he won't even try most of it. I'm going to talk to him one on one about it all in may or June. He will be eating infused food by then and may have better luck convincing him if he has mental improvements.

What is the liquid forming in immature trichomes on leaves of young plants ? When does THC/CBD/ETC begin to appear in the liquid ? What turns what into THC/CBD/ETC ? Do we need to take a closer look at our plants If they mirror the human body so much ? This from my son !!!

What is the liquid forming in immature trichomes on leaves of young plants ? When does THC/CBD/ETC begin to appear in the liquid ? What turns what into THC/CBD/ETC ? Do we need to take a closer look at our plants ? This from my son !!!

This coming from my boy ! Can you wake up your plants positive ? Maybe some country music to bring the chicks to that seedling party , about 30 minutes before lights on ? Sue , the boy is brilliant ! I'll try it. Sounds like using pleasant vibrations to communicate with my own plants. Its' all been done but dont it feel good to know why. PS sorry, good nght This may need to addressed on Doc Buds thread.

Also I have read the link before and talked to mom about it all and she thought he won't even try most of it. I'm going to talk to him one on one about it all in may or June. He will be eating infused food by then and may have better luck convincing him if he has mental improvements.

Let us get you past that 13 th post New B :welcome: I was pretty proud of my newbee 13 posts after 5 years but I'm glad someone convinced me to speak up too .:goodjob:

Sara, that Betty White interview was delightful. Thanks for the share. You'll do the mods a favor and head off the gentle reminder if you flag those two posts that have the Facebook links so they can be pulled, or better yet, edit them out yourself and save them the trouble. Facebook links are frowned upon because they interfere with that security feature we protect so much here. Rob invests so much time and money to keep us safe here, and those links aren't as concerned with protecting you.

Having said that, if you ever want to share something of this nature, and I encourage this delight, you can simply refer to it without the link. :battingeyelashes:

Done. Had no idea :)

What is the liquid forming in immature trichomes on leaves of young plants ? When does THC/CBD/ETC begin to appear in the liquid ? What turns what into THC/CBD/ETC ? Do we need to take a closer look at our plants ? This from my son !!!

The junior scientist in me is about to explode!

Trichomes are glands made up of cells (as few as 4 for smallest up to dozens for largest in flower) and filled with resin, the liquid inside. The cells in trichome combine phenols and terpenes into basic cannabinoids like cannabigerol (CBG, actually CBGA because they start in acid form). They use UV light to do this. Cells then use UV light to turn CBGA into THCA or CBDA. There are very few cannabinoids during early growth, but they build steadily as plant grows. Most THC is produced late in flower because that is when the most and largest trichomes form.

Hope this helps.

hello New B! Welcome again.

It's going to be very difficult to get enough cannabinoids to treat cancer without suppositories. In theory you could put 200 mg of CCO in each dose of edibles if you use a 1:1 blend of THC:CBD. There are several problems with that. One is that taking CCO orally greatly reduces the amount that can reach tumors because most gets metabolized by the liver. There are ways to help with that, bu it will still be far less effective than tacking and suppositories. The other problem is that at full dose taken orally your father will get high and may not like that either. CBD reduces psychoactivity of THC but at large doses there is still a strong effect. Suppositories and tacking don't get user high even at very high doses required for cancer treatment. Last issue is that for cancer you want mostly THC. Some people disagree on this point. I believe strongly that THC is most important for most cancers.

Here is link to page that explains the protocol many of us have used to successfully treat cancer.
A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

I took 1:1 CCO orally last spring without any improvement, although it was enough to keep it from getting worse. It may have been more effective if I had used it with the supplements recommended on the page linked above. This fall I started following protocol with suppositories and tumors have shrunk to no longer visible.

So get as much 1:1 CCO as possible into your father through his food and also use the supplements. My hope is that as you increase the doses his mood will improve to point he would be willing to try suppositories. If not the edibles with supplements may also work.

There are several members using DMSO for many conditions including cancer and I encourage you to look into that as well.

I wish you the best of luck with your father and your grow. We will be here to help you every step of the way.
And I hope you're okay with hugs because they fly fast and furious around here! :hug: "furious" in a healing sort of way. :hug:
:Namaste:

I'm truly so happy to hear this!!!!!! I'm glad for you :)

I wish we could all grow but only a small % is needed without the help from industry

Clarify, Without, don't want , don't need industry involved with my herb medicine . Soon science is done or at least ready to take the reigns away from ignorance . Until then I would think the few that can grow now could be enough for everybody if we share. Some of these grows are getting pretty big lately which is good in moderation but I see industry approaching.

I'm sorry.

I've been very lax about posting on this thread.

my new Study Hall has taken up scads of my time.

But we have one major success to report. SG, whom I think many of you might know, has been able to produce a topical cream that has had great success in reducing his knee pain and his wife's back pain, all in such a short space of time!

I'm so thrilled that this has happened. Maybe i shouldn't be telling you. it's up to SG since it is his success, not mine.

But i'm just so proud of what this Study Hall has accomplished in such a short space of time.

and when it is closer to my time to need to dose, i will certainly be coming back here.

maybe sooner!

ps -- editing on the book goes splendidly!

I'm sorry.

I've been very lax about posting on this thread.

my new Study Hall has taken up scads of my time.

But we have one major success to report. SG, whom I think many of you might know, has been able to produce a topical cream that has had great success in reducing his knee pain and his wife's back pain, all in such a short space of time!

I'm so thrilled that this has happened. Maybe i shouldn't be telling you. it's up to SG since it is his success, not mine.

But i'm just so proud of what this Study Hall has accomplished in such a short space of time.

and when it is closer to my time to need to dose, i will certainly be coming back here.

maybe sooner!

ps -- editing on the book goes splendidly!

Accept me for what I am, completely unacceptable . Wife leaving me for another girl :icon_roll:icon_roll ... Europe or USA I think. Can't hardly wait till she gets' back though with that Yorkie puppy bitch !! I'm already there-Lone Star One more day-DiamondRio Lord you are so beautiful to me- Joe Cocker All inspired by positive thought :circle-of-love:
20170123_132248_1_.jpg
20170123_135828_1_.jpg
20170123_140616_1_.jpg
20170124_072416_1_.jpg
20170124_072453_1_.jpg
20170124_074416_1_.jpg
20170124_093616_1_.jpg
20170124_093743_1_.jpg
20170123_135803_1_.jpg
A square grouper is nice to find, save the bails !

I'm truly so happy to hear this!!!!!! I'm glad for you :)

Oh, by the way, I already posted this on cajun's thread but should mention it here also.

My cancer treatment with CCO suppositories is successful. PET scan on Friday showed no tumors visible. All the credit goes to CCO and hugs from SweetSue!:love::hug:

Oh, by the way, I already posted this on cajun's thread but should mention it here also.

My cancer treatment with CCO suppositories is successful. PET scan on Friday showed no tumors visible. All the credit goes to CCO and hugs from SweetSue!:love::hug:

That's awesome KR :)

2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG)

glyc·er·ol ˈɡlisərôl,ˈɡlisəräl/ noun

a colorless, sweet, viscous liquid formed as a byproduct in soap manufacture. It is used as an emollient and laxative, and for making explosives and antifreeze.

glyc·er·ol (glis'ĕr-ol),
A sweet viscous fluid obtained by the saponification of fats and fixed oils; used as a solvent, as a skin emollient, by injection or in the form of suppository for constipation, and as a vehicle and sweetening agent.
Synonym(s): 1, 2, 3-propanetriol, glycerin, glycerite (1) , glyceryl alcohol
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012

glycerol /glyc·er·ol/ (-ol) a trihydroxy sugar alcohol that is the backbone of many lipids and an important intermediate in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. Pharmaceutical preparations are called glycerin.
Dorland's Medical Dictionary for Health Consumers. © 2007 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

There's something tingling in my brain here. It has to do with the antifreeze factor. That's what omega-3s are - antifreeze. It's why populations in the frozen north that live on fish survive the conditions and thrive. They're filled with antifreeze.

But that's superficial to what's working its way to clarity in my brain. This one blindsided me as I was on my way to Callanetics. :laughtwo: I'll revisit the subject later, see if any other clues come floating up.

This creative playing is great fun. Anyone else finding work to be more play every day? It's been over a month for me now. I'm far enough along that yesterday I found myself shouting out "I'm having soooo much fun playing!!!" Quite a few times, actually. :laughtwo: And I am having fun. :slide:

I'll be back later to see if I can piece this together.

Good afternoon everyone. :love:

Oh My God KR!!! :party: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :slide: :love: :hug::hug::love: :slide: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :party:

What wonderful news. Well here, have a few more.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Cajun's gonna dance his own little joyful jig KR. :yahoo::slide::yahoo:

This news couldn't have come at a better time for you. You've learned so much in the meantime. Wow, KR........, you have learned so much about yourself, and your body, and your capacity to help others in ways you never imagined.

I'm so proud to know you. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Ahhh..... sweet start to the pulsing session. Great start to my day here. WOOHOO!!!! Give a mighty collective whoop people!!! One more of us who remembered he was born to heal.

Back
Top Bottom