I need brainstormers. I want to make a pain cream, but I want it 60% THC and 40% THCa. How would you suggest I go about getting the THCa values into the oil? I'm wondering if I bring my infused grape seed back to room temp and add undecarbed bud to it I might be able to get the oil to release from the new addition with a couple hours of low heat and agitation. Smash it about with a fork every few minutes in an attempt to get the trichomes open.

What do you guys think?

Sue I think what you suggest will work. A combination of decarbed and non decarbed material should get you there.

Heres a fine article I found regarding THCa:

THCA: The Real Reason You Should Be Eating Raw Cannabis

Have you ever tried raw cannabis juice or a smoothie? Fresh, uncured, and unheated cannabis is rich in compounds called cannabinoid acids. Unlike the heated, cured, and aged stuff, cannabinoid acids do not get you high. Rather, they provide a whole lot of health benefit without any change in consciousness. THCA is one of the most abundant cannabinoid acids, often totaling up to 20 percent of the bud. Here’s what you need to know about THCA and what it might benefit.

What is tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)?

Most people familiar with cannabis know that the herb is commonly smoked. After an especially long day, there’s nothing quite like coming home to a little cannabis. Smoking flower or dabbing concentrates, however, are limited, though lovely, ways to enjoy the herb.

As it turns out, there may be some benefit to raw cannabis. Raw cannabis is cannabis that has been uncured and unheated. When fresh and unheated, the resin glands (trichomes) of the cannabis plant are rich in compounds called cannabinoid acids.

One of the most abundant is tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), which is the precursor to the famous psychoactive, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

Fresh cannabis that is not heated and has not been aged does not contain much THC – if any at all. Instead, the cannabinoid present on the cannabis plant as THCA. THCA is considered non-psychoactive, meaning that it does not cause a “high” when you consume or inhale the cannabinoid.

In order to experience a psychoactive high from cannabis, the bud or leaves need to be heated. Heat stimulates a process called decarboxylation, in which temperature transforms THCA into the more famous compound, THC. It’s THC that has the mind-altering effects, not THCA. THC is a breakdown product of THCA.

Unfortunately, most of the research on cannabis has focused on psychoactive THC. However, in recent years, raw cannabis has become significantly more trendy

What is THCA good for?

There is much research to be done on THCA. As things stand now, however, preclinical research has uncovered a wide variety of potential uses for THCA. THCA has demonstrated a wide variety of beneficial effects on the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The endocannabinoid system has been described as the largest neurotransmitter network in the body.

According to one source, THCA has a wider variety of effects on the ECS than both THC and CBD. Some of these roles include anti-spasmodic effects, anticonvulsant effects, anti-insomnia effects, and is reported to be immune supportive.

However, there is slightly more substantial evidence that THCA may hold potential in the following areas:

1. Anti-cancer

One way to evaluate the potential of cannabinoids is to know what these compounds do for the cannabis plant. Raw THCA has been found to produce necrosis in plant cells, which means that the cannabinoid seems to help the plant prune off dead or dying cells.

The human immune system has similar functions, inducing what is called “programmed cell death” when cells become too damaged, aged, or diseased. In cancer cells, this programmed cell death malfunctions. This means that diseased cells fail to die when they are supposed to, and they continue to proliferate.

One 2013 study in cell cultures and animal models found that THCA inhibited the proliferation of prostate cancer cells. This fits in line with additional research which has found that cannabinoids, in general, seem to express anti-proliferative effects in various forms of cancer.

In the majority of pre-clinical studies (cell cultures and animal models) have shown that THC, not THCA, seems to have the most potent effects on cancer cells. Yet, with its necrosis-promoting characteristics in the plant itself, this anti-inflammatory cannabinoid is speculated to potentially contribute to a healthy environment inside the body.

This potentially includes cancer prevention, through high-quality scientific studies are sorely needed.

2. Insecticide

To the cannabis plant, cannabinoids act as an external immune and defense system. Researchers speculate that THCA is a natural insecticide, repelling unwanted predators.

Though most people heat their cannabis products, this is a good reason to consider adding some raw cannabis oil to a skin cream to repel summertime pests. This also might give THCA a future in pest management products.

3. Anti-inflammatory

Like many of the over 113 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, THCA is considered a potent anti-inflammatory. As an anti-inflammatory, THCA has a wide variety of potential uses. Inflammation is thought to be one of the root problems of modern disease.

Though a little inflammation is a healthy response to stress, accident, injury, or illness, systemic inflammation is speculated to contribute to everything from depression to autoimmune diseases

4. Neuroprotective antioxidant

The U.S. Federal Government already admits that cannabinoids are neuroprotective antioxidants. Yet, using cannabis to keep your brain healthy is not a trend that has readily been passed down to everyone. Research shows that cannabis does not have to be psychoactive to reap this potent antioxidant potent. Raw THCA is an antioxidant, too.

An antioxidant is a compound that helps neutralize harmful compounds called free radicals. Free radicals are pollutants and toxins that are thought to contribute to a host of medical problems, including aging.

Preclinical research from 2012 has found that THCA seems to somehow neutralize harmful neurotoxins that contribute to Parkinson’s Disease. Though research has yet to be thoroughly completed, this is a good sign that THCA may one day be useful in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.

5. Anti-emetic

It’s not uncommon for patients and cannabis-fans alike to turn to the herb for relief from a bad stomach ache or a bout of vomiting. As luck might have it, raw cannabis may be a helpful nausea-fighter as well.

Early research suggests that THCA is an anti-emetic, which means that those experiencing nausea, vomiting, and appetite loss may not have to get high to find symptom relief.

6. Analgesic

Though it’s a bit early to say, preclinical research has discovered that THCA seems to engage with a key type of cell receptor that contributes to the ability to feel and experience pain.

Research has found that, somehow, THCA seems to act on the TRPA1 receptor. This receptor part of what enables humans and animals to respond to environmental irritants like pain, temperature, and itching sensation.

If early research is any indication, raw cannabis and THCA may be especially appreciated by those with painful muscle cramping and tension conditions. Not only is there some evidence that THCA can reduce pain, bit it is also expected to calm muscle spasms.

How do you use THCA?

To get the most out of THCA, many consumers juice or blend raw cannabis leaves and/or bud. To draw from Dr. William Courtney, ingesting raw cannabis means that consumers can take in over 1,000 times more beneficial cannabinoid acids than they can when consuming psychoactive THC.

Some argue that activated THC is actually more bioavailable (usable) for the body, which is why it takes so little to produce beneficial effects. Yet, in anecdotal cases, many medical cannabis patients find incorporating raw cannabis into their diet a useful addition to other treatments.

Many cannabis consumers take full advantage of the THCA in their unwanted fan leaves or buds through:

Juicing
Blending
Steep in warm water for a tea
Using as a garnish
Incorporating THCA into salads and dressings

You can simply throw a few leaves into your morning smoothie or collect fresh buds to put into a juicer for a potent anti-inflammatory drink.

Oh Oldbear, that's excellent information. Thank you so much for tracking it down. We can add topicals to that list.

I'm going to get started on adding the raw bud to the oil I have and then I can make the cream for the BIL.

Excellent read, thanks for that. Very intestresting, my Mum has Parkinson's

Bio Bombs are great! But....

My wife has rheumatoid arthritis, and whatever else...and was taking powerful pharmaceuticals for the inflammation and pain.

She started with a 20:1 Bomb, twice a day.. suppository... almost immediate results.

After that batch.. I guess a week or so, she moved up to 10:1... again further improvement in sleep quality, inflammation and pain..
And she had early "tingles" that she said felt like it was healing things...

And then a couple weeks she moved up to 5:1. This is cancer-treatment level and we decided to try it to see what effect.
She's been using 5:1 for about a month now, and her health has improved a lot. She still has the odd bad day, but an extra Bomb helps, along with our vaporiser :).

So, now, we must evaluate "What's next?"... do we stay at 5:1? The only alternative is to reduce.

We were thinking about this a lot, and she feels a bit "loaded" with cannabis. Not polluted, but almost too much. She a pretty "in touch" person and I trust her interpretation of the signals her body is sending her. (from her ECS, Sue??).

So, this week we made up a slightly lower dose batch at 7:1.. and we are trying to pay attention to any change.

Its further confused by her having a "flare up". Is this a normal flare up? We think so, triggered by some stressful times... We don't THINK its caused by the reduction in cannabinoids in her system.

We will keep on with the 7:1 and pay attention, and let you know.

Sue, I wasn't sure if you wanted this in the new BB thread or not?

Bio Bombs are great! But....

My wife has rheumatoid arthritis, and whatever else...and was taking powerful pharmaceuticals for the inflammation and pain.

She started with a 20:1 Bomb, twice a day.. suppository... almost immediate results.

After that batch.. I guess a week or so, she moved up to 10:1... again further improvement in sleep quality, inflammation and pain..
And she had early "tingles" that she said felt like it was healing things...

And then a couple weeks she moved up to 5:1. This is cancer-treatment level and we decided to try it to see what effect.
She's been using 5:1 for about a month now, and her health has improved a lot. She still has the odd bad day, but an extra Bomb helps, along with our vaporiser :).

So, now, we must evaluate "What's next?"... do we stay at 5:1? The only alternative is to reduce.

We were thinking about this a lot, and she feels a bit "loaded" with cannabis. Not polluted, but almost too much. She a pretty "in touch" person and I trust her interpretation of the signals her body is sending her. (from her ECS, Sue??).

So, this week we made up a slightly lower dose batch at 7:1.. and we are trying to pay attention to any change.

Its further confused by her having a "flare up". Is this a normal flare up? We think so, triggered by some stressful times... We don't THINK its caused by the reduction in cannabinoids in her system.

We will keep on with the 7:1 and pay attention, and let you know.

Sue, I wasn't sure if you wanted this in the new BB thread or not?

Thank you Danolo. :hug: This is exactly the kind of self-awareness we need to get this sorted out. Please do move this to the BB thread, but I want to address this here too, because we need a conversation on doses and when the system feels ....... "overcharged" is my way of expressing it in myself.

I believe I know exactly what she's feeling. I've been considering how overloaded my own ECS is. I feel "full" of cannabinoids, or more correctly, topped off with THC. It's occurred to me that saving brownies for special events might be a good idea. :laughtwo:

We can discuss the biobombs on their thread, if that's ok with you. You know me by now. I don't care where we talk. :laughtwo: The information would be transferred there anyway. :battingeyelashes:

A big hug to the wife for listening so closely.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I thought about it and it's really more of feeling like too much metabolized THC. There are ways to get THC in the system without it becoming so activated. I enjoy higher levels of euphoria than I think most people would be comfortable with. I have no problem letting go.

I function best on high octane cannabis, regularly dosed on schedule, despite this sense of running too fast. I may be an outlier, but even I feel the need to maybe take a day off every week and let the ECS catch its breath.

I'm not treating anything stronger than anti-aging and psoriasis. How does someone taking doses high enough to treat cancer and not using suppositories deal with this?

I thought about it and it's really more of feeling like too much metabolized THC. There are ways to get THC in the system without it becoming so activated. I enjoy higher levels of euphoria than I think most people would be comfortable with. I have no problem letting go.

I function best on high octane cannabis, regularly dosed on schedule, despite this sense of running too fast. I may be an outlier, but even I feel the need to maybe take a day off every week and let the ECS catch its breath.

I'm not treating anything stronger than anti-aging and psoriasis. How does someone taking doses high enough to treat cancer and not using suppositories deal with this?

How does someone taking doses high enough to treat cancer and not use suppositories deal with this?

I have been asking this question to myself for awhile now.
The problem with cancer is by the time your diagnosed with it you already feel like crap and are probably anemic. I know I just wanted to feel normal so I stopped drinking and doing anything else that altered the body.
Usually with cancer you get just one chance to get it right.How someone could try to cure themselves without a team of doctors is beyond me.

I actually think that I will buy a book about Cannabis and cancer because those 2 things combined can become a complete break through. And I want to learn more about what Cannabis does with cancer.

Anyway, yesterday I bought some new cannabis oil, 6% CBD and it wasn't that expensive compared to the 2,1% CBD and both little bottles contain 10ml so let's see how this 6% CBD oil treats me. When my Industrial Plant auto CBD is done then I'll make some oil out of her and then I have a 13% CBD and a few percent THC. That would be nice for me...

Sue, I am currently taking omega 3 krill oil, vitamin d3, sellinium, ginko bilbo, (close enough ), apigenin, and magnesium.I also consume daily...green tea, 85-90% dark chocolate, mangoes, and green apples.Major diet changes and more exercize. Doing my best to get the most out of the oil.

You should be our poster child for eating right, dark chocolate yummmmmmm

I actually think that I will buy a book about Cannabis and cancer because those 2 things combined can become a complete break through. And I want to learn more about what Cannabis does with cancer.

Anyway, yesterday I bought some new cannabis oil, 6% CBD and it wasn't that expensive compared to the 2,1% CBD and both little bottles contain 10ml so let's see how this 6% CBD oil treats me. When my Industrial Plant auto CBD is done then I'll make some oil out of her and then I have a 13% CBD and a few percent THC. That would be nice for me...

rik, could you post a picture of your Industrial Plant in the CBD Joy thread? I have one more seed I'm planning to run soon. I'd appreciate seeing this valuable strain growing, and that's the perfect spot to admire it.

How does someone taking doses high enough to treat cancer and not use suppositories deal with this?

I have been asking this question to myself for awhile now.
The problem with cancer is by the time your diagnosed with it you already feel like crap and are probably anemic. I know I just wanted to feel normal so I stopped drinking and doing anything else that altered the body.
Usually with cancer you get just one chance to get it right.How someone could try to cure themselves without a team of doctors is beyond me.

We do it out of desperation, and we create groups like this one to help us get through the fog of data overkill. I've found doctors to be good at scheduling testing, and not much else concerning cannabinoid therapies, I'm afraid. That's too jaded a mindset for me to live with, so I console myself in the knowledge that it's inevitable that the medical profession catch up with us so we can function as a team. When you have that combination of right therapy and informed medical team it feels a little like you've stepped into heaven.

I posted on the joy thread Sue! You probably already noticed by now!

Anyway, I'm going to try my 6% CBD oil in my coffee and I don't know why but I'm excited to try my new little pretty expensive oil!

I posted on the joy thread Sue! You probably already noticed by now!

Anyway, I'm going to try my 6% CBD oil in my coffee and I don't know why but I'm excited to try my new little pretty expensive oil!

Once you've made your own oil you'll have a hard time paying those prices. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom