Future hopes.

IMG_197124.JPG

Hi Sue, (still catching up with the posts!) Don't remember whose idea this was, but I saw you're using a red solo cup. The poster I'm referencing does this but uses a clear solo inside the red solo. I'm doing this as we speak. I drill (one could punch a hole with a sharp knife I would think) 4-5 holes in the bottom of the clear cup. The clear then sits in the red, but sits about a half inch above the bottom of the red cup. This allows me to do two things: 1) I can easily lift the clear cup with the soil/seed/seedling and see how the roots are doing. As you undboutedly know, you don't want the roots exposed to the light. The red cup solves this. 2) any runoff water can be easily dumped out so the clear cup/soil/plant isn't sitting in water.

My only criticism of this method is that 1) the roots will grow multiple inches through the holes in the bottom of the clear cup causing problem - tearing roots - when transplanting. 2) I can never seem to get the soil at the right moisture to facilitate the transplant. The dirt tends to fall apart exposing roots, etc. I've already transplanted a dozen plants and they all survived but I was worried!

Peace,
medman

Someone on the forum sez to cut all the way, from top to the bottom in three places. Helps facilitate taking the root ball out without disturbing the roots. I've done it and helps a bunch.

Need advice please

First, I would like to thank everyone involved in this site. The task of informing ones self is very overwhelming, and at times confusing.Thank you all again. Now here my story. My psa numbers were between 5 and 9 for several years.I did not get a psa test done in 2016. This past jan 2017 my psa came back with a 37 #. I was sent to a uroligist who put me on antibiotics to rule out an infection followed by another psa which came back at 37.5 #. He scheduled a biopsy. Because of past anxiety attacks i feel i can not handle the words "you have cancer" with my anxiety issues. I am also afraid of insurance issues after being officially diagnosed, as I am retiring and will be forced into obama care. Bottom line, I cancelled the biopsy and have begun taking cco oil just assuming I have cancer. I have 30 grams of cco and my plan was to get another psa done after I take these thirty grams, to see if my psa # has lowered at all. A lower # would help show me that it can work before I get more oil to complete the treatment.My question is can another psa # show lower numbers halfway through the treatment ? I know most people will think that I am dumb for not getting a biopsy but....I have no intention of doing chemo or radiation, and with the anxiety issue looming, I feel trying this first is logical. I am also afraid of the biopsy itself making the cancer spread through the bleeding of the holes from the samples. Can that happen ?Any insight on whether the psa numbers can come back lower after thirty grams to show its working would be appreciated. I also need info on the dangers of cancer spreading from the biopsy itself, are my fears on that unfounded ?Thank you for reading and for any help sent ! Dan.

I don't think any of us could tell you what numbers to expect partway through the protocol. Our assumption would be that numbers would drop with an aggressive regimine.

I can understand the decision to forgo the biopsy. You don't plan to get the recommended treatment and there are inherent concerns from the biopsy itself. If you're comfortable with the decision, it's the best one for you. You already have tests you can compare to.

The anxiety issues should begin to resolve with a continuious supply of phytocannabinoids. Hard to say how long that could take, since every patient is completely individual in response, but the ECS monitors and balances mood as well, and the introduction of phytocannabinoids will begin to have a positive effect.

So, let's get the biggest bang for your buck with the oil. How are you administering? Have you looked into the possibility of making BioBomb capsules to increase the bioavailability of your meds? Are you taking any steps to include competitive inhibition? These modifications and additions will take your cannabis oil from around 12% bioavailibity to upwards of 90%. These are relatively simple steps you can take to increase your odds, and we can help you figure all of that out.

Hi Sue, (still catching up with the posts!) Don't remember whose idea this was, but I saw you're using a red solo cup. The poster I'm referencing does this but uses a clear solo inside the red solo. I'm doing this as we speak. I drill (one could punch a hole with a sharp knife I would think) 4-5 holes in the bottom of the clear cup. The clear then sits in the red, but sits about a half inch above the bottom of the red cup. This allows me to do two things: 1) I can easily lift the clear cup with the soil/seed/seedling and see how the roots are doing. As you undboutedly know, you don't want the roots exposed to the light. The red cup solves this. 2) any runoff water can be easily dumped out so the clear cup/soil/plant isn't sitting in water.

My only criticism of this method is that 1) the roots will grow multiple inches through the holes in the bottom of the clear cup causing problem - tearing roots - when transplanting. 2) I can never seem to get the soil at the right moisture to facilitate the transplant. The dirt tends to fall apart exposing roots, etc. I've already transplanted a dozen plants and they all survived but I was worried!

Peace,
medman

You amaze me with your attention to detail Mike. :hug: I recall reading about that method, and a brilliant one it is. I've since gone to a more dependable method of germinating. Come to think of it, I don't believe I've lost one yet..... maybe one or two in the past year. First off, I grow with Doc Bud's kit, which is amazing for starting plants. Autos get planted right into the finish pot. If that's not possible I germinate in an inverted Rapid Rooter, like I do for my hempy plants, and pop them into the finish pot as soon as they emerge. Photos I try to start in one gallon pots, since that's where they spend the first month or so.

I run a tight ship, with no room for extras. I only plant what I expect to grow and I take only one clone cutting at a time. I get away with things others wouldn't dream of trying. There's only so much real estate under the lights. Oil production in tight quarters is a challenge that engages me daily. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Gosh.... I absolutely love growing this plant. Even writing about gets my system humming. :laughtwo: :green_heart:

:laughtwo: I was remembering how I would take the children out when they were infants with nothing more than a small blanket to cut the chill and one diaper in my purse in case. It never came back to bite me that I'd head out so minimally prepared. My mother would shake her head in wonder at what I got away with. Lol!

I have loving guardian angels who apparently go out of their way to make things work out for me. :battingeyelashes: :love:

First off, i want to thank you for taking the time to write. Sue, I know no one can predict the psa numbers, I was just looking for some confirmation to say the numbers would at least drop "some" to indicate it is working before i get the rest of the oil. I have learned a lot from this site. At first I was just putting oil in a capsule and inserting anally three times a day and hoping for the best.I have since learned about bioavailability,and methylation/demethylation and haved added gr.tea, grapefruit juice, mangos,cinnamon, sellinium, and vitamin d3 to my diet. I have apigenin coming in the mail and wonder if it will work without amentflavone ?I am currently putting .3 to .4 grams of cco in a capsule and then filling with olive oil. I take them anally four times a day. Not sure about tacking,and oral as i am targeting the prostate it makes sense to put all the oil close to it ?I have thought about big bomb put not sure if i can make them. Do you think i am doing enough right now to at least see some psa reduction ?

First off, i want to thank you for taking the time to write. Sue, I know no one can predict the psa numbers, I was just looking for some confirmation to say the numbers would at least drop "some" to indicate it is working before i get the rest of the oil. I have learned a lot from this site. At first I was just putting oil in a capsule and inserting anally three times a day and hoping for the best.I have since learned about bioavailability,and methylation/demethylation and haved added gr.tea, grapefruit juice, mangos,cinnamon, sellinium, and vitamin d3 to my diet. I have apigenin coming in the mail and wonder if it will work without amentflavone ?I am currently putting .3 to .4 grams of cco in a capsule and then filling with olive oil. I take them anally four times a day. Not sure about tacking,and oral as i am targeting the prostate it makes sense to put all the oil close to it ?I have thought about big bomb put not sure if i can make them. Do you think i am doing enough right now to at least see some psa reduction ?

With as much assurance as I can muster from across this digital field, I'd say "Yes". Olive oil is a potent cancer-fighter in its own right, and possibly the best carrier oil available for binding the cannabinoids and getting them into the system, avoiding the first-pass through the liver. Unless you're treating liver disease, olive oil is the go-to.

We're out here as citizen scientists, doing our best to figure it all out, and your steps are those many before you found relief with. If I were in your shoes I'd stay the course until I had labs to make me rethink.

The apigenin will work without amentoflavone, but if you can incorporate it into the regimine it'll give you another way to get tumor cells under control.

I understand how overwhelming it can be. We all understand that. Please don't hesitate to stop us and ask anything. Our goal is to help you find the confidence to continue the protocol and allow natural healing to establish a stronger foothold in your system.

The hardest part for me is the alkaline diet. I have incorporated as many high alkaline foods to my diet as i can. Also do powdered "greens" and apple cider vinegar. I also cut out sugar. I just have a hard time with animal protien. Can moderation with offsetting high alkaline foods work, or does one absolutely have to refrain from all meat and dairy ? Thank you so much for any help given...This site is truely a godsend !

The hardest part for me is the alkaline diet. I have incorporated as many high alkaline foods to my diet as i can. Also do powdered "greens" and apple cider vinegar. I also cut out sugar. I just have a hard time with animal protien. Can moderation with offsetting high alkaline foods work, or does one absolutely have to refrain from all meat and dairy ? Thank you so much for any help given...This site is truely a godsend !

Although Cajun recommends the alkaline diet because the quality of food choices are so good for the body he admits that he's been informed by medical professionals who know that you can't change the body alkalinity through diet.

The recommendation is to avoid red meats as much as possible. I drink apple cider vinegar once daily to assist digestion, but that's as far as I go. My protein of choice is either chicken (breast meat) or egg, unless I can get it in plant form. Milk is problamatic because the large molecules screw with your system, so limiting it is a wise choice. Cancer feeds on sugar, and Cajun had visual proof of how sugar consumption on his part lit up the tumor cells like a Christmas tree, so yeah.....good job getting away from that social addiction.

You can destroy cancer in your body through diet alone. The main points appear to be limit red meat and dairy to minuscule amounts and make as much of the diet as possible fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid simple foods and go for the complex molecules found in raw or minimally-prepared foods.

You're using cannabinoid therapy, so you gain a little more wiggle room. I think you'll be safe if you can avoid the big nasties of red meat, sugar and heavily-processed foods. Look for ways to support the ECS beyond cannabis and you improve the chances even more. Are you taking omega 3 supplements yet? It's the omega fatty acids that the ECS uses to create endocannabinoids. Most of us are so deficient in omega-3 in relation to omega-6 that disease moves in. Omega-6 supports inflammatory response. Find ways to get more balance in the fatty acids. I take three 1200 mg capsules a day that have 360 mg of active omega-3 in them.

Sure is a lot to take in, isn't it? After a while it starts to become second nature and the brain starts to compartmentalize the data flow more efficiently. Until then, lean on us. :hug: :love:

Hey, dimarek...you are on the right path!

I'm not sure of the reliability of the PSA test, there's been so much chatter about it. But it doesn't matter... you are doing the right things to promote healing. I'd only suggest, don't hinge your ongoing medical treatment, on the apparent "success or failure" of the 30 grans of CCO. It might take more.

But I suspect you will already have felt differences in your body. Do you get a "tingle" in your prostate? That is almost certainly healing.
My wife is on a daily regimen of Bio Bombs. She and I also vaporise ( a lot!)
This morning she woke up to her usual pain and stiffness (Rheumatoid Arthritis) and she immediately shoved a Bio Bomb. She told me that within 15-20 minutes the stiffness was receding, the pain was lessening... She says she gets this "tingle" feeling in her wrists and fingers, where the RA is worst.

I haven't found much information on CCO actually healing RA, but there's plenty of evidence that it heals cancer.

As far as Bio Bombs go, you are virtually doing that now with your capsules.

Follow Sue's suggestions ..

I wish you well.

It is a lot to take in, but i could not imagine where i would be without the info from you and this site. I simply cannot thank you enough ! I just hope i don't become a pest. And i apolegize if I am not following proper forum ediquette. I have little experience with that and i wasn't sure how or where to post.

A little testimony on how far we've come in the past year. My daughter is taking cannabinoids to gain relief from a severe anxiety disorder. She's not a woman prone to do risky or new things without incredible emotional stress. Or should I say, used to be....

Her partner moved into her life a year ago, before her cannabinoid therapy began, so he has a strong understanding of the difference the regimine has made in her life - hell, in all our lives. Today he's taking her shooting. :laughtwo: He's from LA, and I think it's a man-law there that you have to own at least one gun. Lol! He's decided it's time she learn to handle theirs.

Less than a year into her capsule protocol she's not only going, she's excited as a kid in a candy store.

This is the healing potential of phytocannabinoids. One more nail in the coffin of prohibition.

A little testimony on how far we've come in the past year. My daughter is taking cannabinoids to gain relief from a severe anxiety disorder. She's not a woman prone to do risky or new things without incredible emotional stress. Or should I say, used to be....

Her partner moved into her life a year ago, before her cannabinoid therapy began, so he has a strong understanding of the difference the regimine has made in her life - hell, in all our lives. Today he's taking her shooting. :laughtwo: He's from LA, and I think it's a man-law there that you have to own at least one gun. Lol! He's decided it's time she learn to handle theirs.

Less than a year into her capsule protocol she's not only going, she's excited as a kid in a candy store.

This is the healing potential of phytocannabinoids. One more nail in the coffin of prohibition.
Isn't LA in California? With a pretty strict gun control though! But well, if her husband was a Texas man then your daughter would already own 6 guns by now I f*cking love the gun culture in the US especially in Texas. I do want to go there for vacation but I don't have the money for it.

Great idea! For starters, you could use a spreadsheet. Later export to a document file if you needed a different format. An app would be great. Personally, I like setting up columns in a Word file, and just tabbing thru them. A fill-able form is not hard to set up in either Excel or Word. I need to do this before I forget what the first experiences were. Some were learning curve for a vape... having never used one before, and still learning what works.

I hope someone chimes in to do an app. Something that would run on cell or tablet, too.

I speak fluent WHALE!
Dory

Didnt want to forget this one.

Terpinoline's molecular pathway is binding to a receptor that activates an anti-psychotic mechanism. This explains its therapeutic value for mental health, in particular suicidal tendencies.

Terpinoline doesn't always show up in a strain. One of the strains it does show up in is Jack Herer. I recall seeing it pop up in one of the strains I'm using, but I can't remember. Let me go look through the notes.

Ok, according to Leafly it tends to show up in sativas. Any derivatives of Jack Herer should have the terpene expression. They also mention it shows up in Lemon Sour Diesel and Afghani. I don't know where they got that information. I went looking on Analytical 360 and couldn't find a single test result for either with any noticable terpinoline in it. All were <0.01 % or less.

Geez..... when you learn you can't trust Leafly either. :straightface:

You amaze me with your attention to detail Mike. :hug: I recall reading about that method, and a brilliant one it is. I've since gone to a more dependable method of germinating. Come to think of it, I don't believe I've lost one yet..... maybe one or two in the past year. First off, I grow with Doc Bud's kit, which is amazing for starting plants. Autos get planted right into the finish pot. If that's not possible I germinate in an inverted Rapid Rooter, like I do for my hempy plants, and pop them into the finish pot as soon as they emerge. Photos I try to start in one gallon pots, since that's where they spend the first month or so.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Gosh.... I absolutely love growing this plant. Even writing about gets my system humming. :laughtwo: :green_heart:

:laughtwo: I was remembering how I would take the children out when they were infants with nothing more than a small blanket to cut the chill and one diaper in my purse in case. It never came back to bite me that I'd head out so minimally prepared. My mother would shake her head in wonder at what I got away with. Lol!

I have loving guardian angels who apparently go out of their way to make things work out for me. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Yea, I'm trying the inverted Rapid Rooters too. The idea from 308Jerry to slice the side of the cup is a great idea (for transplanting). I, too, use Doc's HB method. I keep experimenting with germination techniques. Currently do a H2O2 wash for 30-60 min, rinse well and soak in H2O for 12-24. Then, into paper towels until the seed just begins to split. I generally put the seeds into a Solo or other small container. I feel I can control the "growth" of the roots better, i.e. not overwater, let them totally go dry, etc.Then, into 1 gal for veg, then into 7 gal for flower.

I'm currently germinating some older (2 years since I've had them) seeds and the rate of germination is not good. My new beans - Rosetta Stone and Pakistan Chitral Kush were (germinated) 6 of 6 and 5 of 5 respectively.

I know many soak their seeds for a bit and throw them in the dirt. What germinating method are you using? Do you soak first?

Hey sue, sorry to jump in here like this. I just want to say I'm a big fan of all you have done to help people on here. Because I don't have 50 posts on 420mag, I can't pm you. I have been sitting back and reading everything on here and thc talk for a while now and I've learned so much from you and Cajun. Someone on the forum told me to seek you out for help or guidance. I've run into a road block and I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. I'm am In "The great state of Pennsylvania" and my mom is fighting er+ breast cancer.
For a while, it seemed people could easily acquire high cbd strains with next to little or no thc. I'm having hard time with this right Now.
I' want to To mix with high thc strains to form a consistent ratio of 1:3 thc:cbd. I'm not sure what to do as the cbd crew doesn't seem to be up and running like they used too. And all the other seed banks just sell strains with even ratios of cbd:thc. Is there any way around this? Any info you can give is highly regarded and greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. God bless. .

Hi there wish everybody happiness

Wow I'm loving the enthusiasm. Just to say we all have the chance to catch cancer. There's a 50 percent chance. All just to let you guys know there's alot of information out there. If you grow your herb in a wrong way your medicine is pointless. You will be causing more harm than good. For example .

1.Using non toxic natural pesticides that are made for consumable crops and can be used until harvest.

Cons: these pestisides wont leave your herb. There not fruits or veg you cant just wash your herb. That also goes for commercial pestisides. Choose a plant that is easy to grow. Theres natural ways to kill of insects like bringing tour Grow room temperature really high over 95.

2. Using hydroponic nutrients. Try to read the hazards behind the bottle. It clearly states if indigested it can case gastronal problems and bloody stools. It has CANCER causing ingrediants. It can also cause organ failure. And people use thease famous nutrients on there herb to cure themselves. No brainer even if a good flush had taken place lol. Try drinking a organic omra certified vegtable based feed the worst that will happen is you being on the toilet or vomiting your guts out. Try also getting a soil with no animal products. As they can carry disease.or the very least.

3. I've heard of a patient who died of a simple cannabis fungus because his immune systen was so weak. Choose a strain that is hardy. Too fungus,powdery mildew, root rot and pest resistant.

4. Grow at temperatues at around 72 to create a high terapine profile. High tempetatures kills the goodness. Use a good quality light such as a ceramic metal halide to create the spectrum closesest to the sun to produce all them oils.

Please ignore my spelling mistakes and grammar. Wasnt intrested in school lol. But ive still got good morals

Hi Dmarek (Dan), I understand your fears, frustration and concern about prostate cancer. My hubby was diagnosed with several biopsies in Nov. 2012. His PSA was still low in the low teens, if I remember. He went thru several Oncologists, some he just didn't like, some he thought just didn't have the experience, whatever his thoughts were... He ended up using a Dr referral services from work, called "Best Doctors". They reviewed his tests and gave back opinions. It turned out they actually recommended "wait and see". According to what they said, most men have the beginnings of prostate cancer in their late 50's early 60's, and most don't know about it. Hubby's was found on a routine physical (he hadn't gone for a physical in about 5 years). Later we found out all his male cousins had high PSA. One went the radiation pellets route. He is fine. Two years ago he lost a cousin to it. Hubby was so upset that the prostate cancer inheritance was kept so hush-hush, he made sure all his male cousins and bro, were aware of it and that it's in the "family". Like breast cancer was kept hush-hush years ago. Get tested. Hubby would rather have known than to find out at his cousins funeral that it was genetically predisposed in the family.

So began the research, the books to read, the tests to run, and his manic, "What do I do", "Who is a good Dr. to see", "Surgeons are taught that what they do best is surgery" "Do I try the radiation pellets", "Do I do nothing and wait and see" ????. It turned out that the anesthesiologist on his Best Doc team, was also a surgical urologist as well, and thought if Hubby did want the surgery, he would refer to another surgeon.

Hubby decided on the surgery. The anesthesiologist referred him to the surgeon, and it turns out this Dr. was the Chief of Urological Oncology at Massachusetts General, Boston. Hubby got the best! And the anesthesiologist on his team was the same Dr. that that did his surgical anesthesiology. His surgery was done laparoscopically, he was in MGH for 2 nites, and home the 3rd. day. Yes, he still was concerned that everything functions... and it does. But took awhile to come back! No worries now.

WE went thru this together. WE knew there were side-effects that each person, as an individual, would experience regardless of method of cure. Curing the cancer is your first step. BTW, Hubby's PSA is 0 as it should be!, and no cancerous cells leaked out during surgery. He had 4 more tests done post-surgery over the following 2 years, and they are all 0.

We didn't know Cannabis had cancer curing in its repertoire of health benefits at the time. I'm happy you found this, and are moving forward aggressively in treatment. But I still recommend that you to get the PSA done, so you have a baseline to work from. Periodic tests, to see progress (or leveling out, etc) are the best tools you could use. Then you can decide further what paths to take.

I wish you well. If I can provide you with resources for your own research, please let me know. We live in Mass, so going to Mass General Hospital was easy for us.

I know you can beat this. It's overwhelming at best! Do keep a journal (I have to start mine! Lazy bum that I am... hahaha!) I'm not big into writing, either... as you can see! LOL!

SweetSue will give you the best she's got, she's taken me under her leaf umbrella as well! I'm new too, with an auto-immune disease, PMR (Polymyalgia Rheumatica) which is a painful manifestation of what is now thought a virus. PMR has affected my arms and shoulder girdle. I can barely lift anything, raise my arms to put something away, etc. I live on Prednisone for inflammation, 5 months later after diagnosis, I went and found a pain management Doc, which also is involved with healing using Cannabis. So here I am, trying to learn as much as I can, and being just as overwhelmed as you. I just got my MMJ card from the MA's Dept of Public Health... I do get relief from the CBD's... I'm vaping for now until I can get a tent, lights, buckets, seeds, yada... and grow my own. Too expensive at $25-$28 per 1.75 oz of flower from the dispensary. I have to grow it. That's a learning curve, too. At least in MA it's legal to grow up to 5 plants per adult in the house, so I can have 10 going in various stages of growth.

Be well!
"I can do this... I crossed the ocean twice, to find Nemo and my parents! We can do it together"
Dory

It is a lot to take in, but i could not imagine where i would be without the info from you and this site. I simply cannot thank you enough ! I just hope i don't become a pest. And i apolegize if I am not following proper forum ediquette. I have little experience with that and i wasn't sure how or where to post.

Almost missed this. :hug: We don't have any problem in this room with pesky questions. :cheesygrinsmiley: Questions raise the need for investigation and research, and every answer brings greater understanding.

I get in trouble all the time for stepping on toes because I only know "friendly" and "helpful" so proper etiquette is a foreign language. Please just be yourself. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom