For those of you that followed The Sacred Plant documentary they're starting a seven week run of free webinars beginning tommorow and running until mid August. Here's a link to the registration page. Given the stature of the people involved in this project I'd advise registering.

The Sacred Plant Webinar

image791.png

The list of topics for the webinars. The Q&A sessions may be exclusive to those who purchase their platnium package. I'm not sure about that. I figure we can brainstorm and work out any questions we can't get answered there.

Here’s the complete schedule (including the Q&A sessions):

Webinar #1 – Understand The Basics: Common Terms & Uses
(Tuesday, June 27 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Q&A #1 – Live Question and Answer Session
(Thursday, June 29 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Webinar #2 – Learn the Current Laws: Don’t Risk Your Freedom
(Tuesday, July 4 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Q&A #2 – Live Question and Answer Session
(Thursday, July 6 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Webinar #3 – What You Must Know: Common Lies & Misconceptions
(Tuesday, July 11 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Q&A #3 – Live Question and Answer Session
(Thursday, July 13 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Webinar #4 – Proven Strategies: Not All Diseases Are Treated Equally
(Tuesday, July 18 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Q&A #4 – Live Question and Answer Session
(Thursday, July 20 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Webinar #5 – Quality Control: How to Tell the Good from the Bad
(Tuesday, July 25 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Q&A #5 – Live Question and Answer Session
(Thursday, July 27 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Webinar #6 – Be Empowered: How to Make Safe Choices When Choosing a Medicine
(Tuesday, August 1 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Q&A #6 – Live Question and Answer Session
(Thursday, August 3 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Webinar #7 – New Cutting Edge Research: How It Will Impact You
(Tuesday, August 8 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Q&A #7 – Live Question and Answer Session
(Thursday, August 10 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

I've now had personal experience in how dangerous it can be to give someone who deals with depression a sativa. :straightface:

The daughter started with the expectation that she might be sensitive to sativas, and most of her regimen is built around the indica-dominant CBD Critical Cure. A few months back she started exploring THC with Candy Cane, another indica. When we ran out of that she started using my Carnival brownies in their place to get her the extra THC that was balancing out her needs. This started about two weeks back. Everything went well at first. She loved the buzz, although she preferred indicas, and that additional THC was making it possible for her to feel normal when she went out into the world.

Sometime last week she began to get anxious again. We thought it might be the moon phase. :laughtwo: She figured maybe a little more brownie would help, and she was enjoying the buzz, so she began occasionally taking a half dose in addition to her regular one.

Then depression hit, and it hit like a bitch. She woke up yesterday feeling out of sorts, not understanding what it was, since her depression has been managed effectively with low level antidepressants for years. By the time her partner came home from work last evening she was convinced he was unhappy and was going to leave her and she remembers looking at the scars on her wrist and thinking "I could slice them right open again."

This is a woman who's happy in her life at the moment. She's living in safe and affordable housing with her mother nearby and the love of her life sleeping next to her. She knew it had to be the cannabis. It says worlds to me about the effectiveness of the fresh harvest oil that she was able to recognize the abnormal thought patterns and determine it must be the wrong meds.

The girl pays attention. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's amazing, from my perspective, that I could have missed the signs. I've always missed the signs with her. She hides them so well. But this happened right in front of me and I didn't see how serious it was. Kinda scary, to be honest. Thank goodness she's healed enough this didn't escalate. We're more aware for having been through it. We're still learning on the fly.

Sativas are off limits for her, and I gave her my vape pen with an ample supply of indica waxes that I never need to tide her through until the next Candy Cane comes down in a little over a month.

For those of you that followed The Sacred Plant documentary they're starting a seven week run of free webinars beginning tommorow and running until mid August. Here's a link to the registration page. Given the stature of the people involved in this project I'd advise registering.

The Sacred Plant Webinar

image791.png

Registered. Reminds me I haven't been keeping up with my Green Flower subscription this month.

Is it better to mix say a High CBD flower with a high THC flower and make an infused Oil? or would it be better to create an oil from Each of the two strains, a High CBD oil and a High THC oil, and use them as needed

Gunna be doing some big harvests soon and want to plan my strategies accordingly

Graciass

Is it better to mix say a High CBD flower with a high THC flower and make an infused Oil? or would it be better to create an oil from Each of the two strains, a High CBD oil and a High THC oil, and use them as needed

Gunna be doing some big harvests soon and want to plan my strategies accordingly

Graciass
Personally I'd make them individually, then mix capsules up with an infinitely adjustable number of drops per capsule of CBD or THC. Thats my plan when I get my Cannatonic done.

Personally I'd make them individually, then mix capsules up with an infinitely adjustable number of drops per capsule of CBD or THC. Thats my plan when I get my Cannatonic done.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking, easier to measure what is in them with 2 separate Oils

wish I could Find Cannatonic, But Ill have Candida in a few Months and some good 5/1 CBD/THC buds Soon

Well, the friend brought me some cannabis mixed with coconut oil, told me to keep it in the freezer - it does melt very quickly at room temp. I've been taking about a 1/2 tsp 3 times a day, and either I'm really sensitive, or it's pretty strong. 2 12 hours after I take it, I can feel it hitting me - I get dizzy and sleepy. Now, it is helping with the pain in my knees, and elsewhere, but I'm not happy with getting stoned during the day - there's no euphoria, just dizziness. I almost can't take less, it's a very small sliver of the butter that I take. Still too much? What say you?

Well, the friend brought me some cannabis mixed with coconut oil, told me to keep it in the freezer - it does melt very quickly at room temp. I've been taking about a 1/2 tsp 3 times a day, and either I'm really sensitive, or it's pretty strong. 2 12 hours after I take it, I can feel it hitting me - I get dizzy and sleepy. Now, it is helping with the pain in my knees, and elsewhere, but I'm not happy with getting stoned during the day - there's no euphoria, just dizziness. I almost can't take less, it's a very small sliver of the butter that I take. Still too much? What say you?

Hard to responded without knowing the strain and how much herb to oil used in infusion. 1/2 tsp = 2.5 ml = almost 3 capsules. That sounds like it could be a lot even if the oil isn't very strong.

Try mixing in liquid sunflower lecithin 1 part to 4 parts infused oil. It takes a lot of mixing (10 minutes is not too much) and then chill the mixture so lecithin can bond with oil. That will make it absorb faster. Then you can try smaller doses and know more quickly if it's working. I would start with 1 ml or less and work up to minimum effective dose.

Another option is to fill "00" gelcaps with oil (better if mixed with lecithin as above) and use as suppositories inserted no more than 1-2 cm (just past sphincter). That will avoid 1st pass thru liver than metabolizes THC to 11-OH-THC that is more intoxicating and less therapeutic (for some things not at all.)

I apologize if I'm repeating what other's have already shared with you.

Yes, I know without more info, it'd be pretty difficult to say what I'm getting - will just have to test it out. I intend to get the lecithin and capsules, but have to order online for such things here in the hinterlands . In the meantime, I'll empty a capsule of something else and see how much a capsule is!

Graciass

It's worth considering combining them for infusion too. You'll get different synergy when you cook the oils together, or so we suspect. Cajun's been encouraging us from the beginning to combine the plant material before you make the oil, if you have that option.

SweetSue,

Hi there. I have a question about teaming up with someone to do specific testing research about extraction for edibles. I have read almost everything you have put up here. You are certainly one of the most loved people on here and, from everything I've read, well deserved! So I picked you to ask a favor. I'm not sure I am allowed to post this particular question and I don't want to get a bad rap right out of the gate. LOL. I'm on a project that will certainly be of interest to 420 members. Sooooo, I am appealing to your obviously soft heart when I ask if you would accept one PM from me??? You may say that this board cannot help me in this particular endeavor but you will at least appreciate my intentions. Are you willing to humor a complete stranger with a communication? Hopefully this request isn't against the rules. Hate for it to be struck down before you even see it. Here goes.....

I also registered and my e-mail said I would get an e-mail on how to participate within 36 hrs. none arrived, didn't buy premium package. How was it?:Namaste:

The email with link ended up in my spam box so check there. You can still watch thru Thursday 9pm EDT.

Tonight's program was mostly just basic terminology and facts for understanding the rest of the series. I think it would be good for clearing up a lot of people's confusion caused by inconsistent use of terms or to reinforce terms that are still new to them. It wasn't too long ago that I had that deer in the headlights feeling every time I read another article that seemed to completely contradict the one I just read. This would have helped so much back then. I like that they are so clear about what they mean.

There was a lot of good basic information included, plus fun facts thrown in, some intermediate level info, and a few points that really got my attention. Toward the end they talked about using doses much lower than gram per day used successfully for cancer. That's something I definitely want to hear more about. I'll check out next week's episode and then decide if it's worth the premium package. I doubt Thursday's Q&A will have anything new for most people that have spent much time reading Sue's threads.

SweetSue,

Hi there. I have a question about teaming up with someone to do specific testing research about extraction for edibles. I have read almost everything you have put up here. You are certainly one of the most loved people on here and, from everything I've read, well deserved! So I picked you to ask a favor. I'm not sure I am allowed to post this particular question and I don't want to get a bad rap right out of the gate. LOL. I'm on a project that will certainly be of interest to 420 members. Sooooo, I am appealing to your obviously soft heart when I ask if you would accept one PM from me??? You may say that this board cannot help me in this particular endeavor but you will at least appreciate my intentions. Are you willing to humor a complete stranger with a communication? Hopefully this request isn't against the rules. Hate for it to be struck down before you even see it. Here goes.....

I would be more than happy to converse with you about anything concerning this, but you won't be able to contact me by PM until you have 50 posts under your belt. However, I can PM you with my email address and we can take this conversation on a more private arena. Will that work for you? I'll send that PM right now.

....... You got me all excited and I forgot my manners. :battingeyelashes:

:welcome:, not only to our brainstorming study hall, but to the :420: community. We overcome the madness of prohibition one cannabis warrior at a time. It's good to meet another brave soul. :hug: :love:

....and hey..... the community inspires me to keep working at this pace and with this ferver. Once you get to know them you'll understand. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Edit: I see you aren't accepting private messages, so I left you a visitor message on your profile page. Ball's in your court. :kisstwo:

I also registered and my e-mail said I would get an e-mail on how to participate within 36 hrs. none arrived, didn't buy premium package. How was it?:Namaste:

I got the link to the program the day before, so be alert to that. I also had to register twice. Haven't tried to access it again, since it was all information we already covered. Edit: Just checked, and my link is still open. If I had the funds, I'd be supporting them. All my current mad money is tied up in equipment and supplies for the grow and for oil production. Big surprise, eh? :laughtwo:

To be honest, it made me feel really proud of the work we do here. It's been my goal from the beginning to help members avoid the sense of "This is just too much!" and make it easier to understand from planting the seed to administering the first dose successfully and then establishing a workable individual protocol.

I'm looking forward to the next offerings. Every time I watch something like this I learn something new. That wasn't the case last night, but I appreciated the effort, and I'm heartened that John and Corinne have stepped up the game and put this in everyone's face. Between their efforts and the work at Green Flower Media the playing field just got a bit more crowded, didn't it? All this education of the masses can only work to everyone's benefit.

KR, probably the biggest revelation to me in all my study is how low a dose it truly takes to treat just about everything. Mara Gordon's been saying all along that most of the cancers they treat are effectively controlled and even eliminated with doses below 400mg of THC per day. As everyone processes cannabis in an individual expression, it really comes down to starting sub-therapeutically and building that dose slowly until you see positive results, then staying at that dose until labs tell you to try a different one.

Oncologists will be most impressed by the trials our government won't allow to happen, so the heavy work is still going to fall on the individual. That's why we all devote ourselves to this incessant study and sharing.

It occurred to me, watching last night's presentation, that some information on intake data might be helpful. If you were under the care of a qualified medical team there'd be a long list of questions they'd be asking you. I'm not interested in having people dump that data here, but if we had those questions, or a list of what they look like and the significance of the questions in relation to the protocol, members could ask themselves and get a better feel for what adding cannabinoid therapy would entail in conjunction with the rest of their current treatment.

Yes..... I have some idea of the magnitude of this suggestion. It's going to be a massive undertaking. For now it's on a back burner, but the fire's been lit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can't spot where to turn on PMs. Thought it would be in profile settings. Help please someone before SS decides Im a lost cause. Gonna look for the welcome msg...surely I can find that. lol

NOPE! Went to my profile page but do not see a message. This is a sophisticated site but I'm not that bad....more coffee.

Went to "msgs for Kicknitup1" Shows zero.

Frustration City 1 mile. Now I dont see the post where I was thanking SweetSue and saying email was the way to go but didn't want to be that forward. something like that. One of these days I will hopefully be able to post something helpful on here. So far I can't get past the grade school stuff. WAAAAA

Frustration City 1 mile. Now I dont see the post where I was thanking SweetSue and saying email was the way to go but didn't want to be that forward. something like that. One of these days I will hopefully be able to post something helpful on here. So far I can't get past the grade school stuff. WAAAAA

It's going to be ok Kicknitup. :hug: I'll go check my email right now. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom