SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

drill into the new flooring

Tead can think of 20 different creative options before resorting to this sort of COMPLETE INSANITY.

Ya'll going to catch the tail end of the retail of the market... But any tail is better than no tail?

Well... as a general rule.... any Y'at can always appreciate a bit of tail.... just sayin.

Very valid concern. I'm relying some on the conservative establishment well in place. They've already shown that money is not enough to move them. When one combines that with the liquor lobby, honestly, I feel locally we may be as much as 20 years away.
I know... it seems crazy to even say that... I do know. We might even be sitting in a bit of a cat-bird seat locally. Time will tell. I have many marketing plans if the see-saw ever budges.

Prices here are bottoming out and about the cheapest in the States... average 125-150 an OZ for the Top shelf prime buddage.

Oregon is still dealing with too much bud on the market. A lot of growers got into the business, and then there was a huge outdoor crop last fall due to the great summer weather and mild Fall weather. It will even out, but it takes a while.

I’m listening to a senior advocate from the county DA’s office and he spouts this bit of wisdom about scammers:

“All they’re trying to do is take your money, something you’ve worked hard all your life to have for you.”

I immediately thought, “Wrong energy.” :rofl:

I have always had a flow of necessary funds and an overflow of abundance in my life. I suppose it’s as much because I expected it to be so. I was raised to believe l there was nothing God was incapable of handling creatively and in time for smooth resolution, and I shared the very thoughts of God when I allowed it to be.

I have never “worked hard” for my money. I have always allowed it to flow. I work hard because I enjoy the work. When I stop enjoying the work it’s time to find new work.

Sometimes I’m amazed at the way so many people think. Lol!

See it. :love:

Believe it. :high-five:

Expect it. :yahoo:

Allow it. :Namaste:

Enjoy it. :theband: :slide::thanks:

I’m in the same boat. No current DL and no major credit card to put it on.

You can get around the lack of credit card, but it's more or less impossible to rent a vehicle from a commercial rental agency with no current DL. Quietly negotiating a somewhat high rental from a private party, one who is trying to sell an old box truck/van, is within the realm of possibility (this generally requires the vehicle to have proper paperwork and plates, of course) . But issues may arise in the future ;) . That's a strange scenario to consider, lol, but it might actually be easier than buying one in your own name. In my state, I'd have to have a current/valid DL just to transfer a title into my name (and again to purchase plates). That's the legal route. People have occasionally purchased vehicles and ran them on the prior owner's plates until they (would have) expired. But compare that to giving someone cash to borrow their already plated vehicle... Getting it back to its owner would be the real problem with that one.

[QUOTE =TorturedSoul] :BENT_OVER_A_CHAIR: ?! Buy one for $1,200 (FFS!) .

Now there’s a novel idea. Lol! It’d probably be considerably less expensive.[/quote]

Mainly it allows for recouping some portion of your (vehicle) expense (with some hypothetical possibility of making a profit). There's a definite difference between what I'd buy for local use - or even personally driving hundreds of miles cross country - and what I'd expect you (not real young, no recent driving experience, not a shade tree mechanic, and no driver's license) to settle for, lol, so I don't know about the "considerably" part. I saw one advertised for only $500 or so, but it had some mechanical issues that could be a problem on a trip and wasn't watertight (a PO must have tried to drive it under something and ended up driving the truck into it :rolleyes: ).

I'd probably give it a thorough tune-up if it was me, figuring it'd make the trip more comfortable for both the vehicle and myself and that I'd get some of the cost back in increased fuel mileage, but you might get something like this for around $1,200, maybe a little less (if it is still available):
Code:
https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevrolet-box-van-with/6702175163.html
I'd take a hair dryer and plastic scraper to the rear door, though ;) .

Extra points for creativity? This might be your best deal, $500 and most of its issues don't apply to you (it's a mini-RV and lacks roof AC, generator, I'm guessing the roof leaks, et cetera), although you might have to buy a set of used tires if there aren't ~1,200 miles left in the current set or it looks like you'd be forced to drive through heavy precipitation. And you wouldn't have the lift-up door. Err... Depending on your furniture items, loading those might be a bit of a PITA. On the other hand... you'd get an RV (small, under-powered, and in need of a lot of work, though).
Code:
https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1993-toyota-motorhome/6723596260.html

It may have been Chris that suggested the leapfrog travel idea.

It might have been me - I just don't remember it.

I wish my license wasn't long-expired; I'd need to get a certified(?) copy of my birth certificate to get one again, and that looks tricky when one doesn't have a current picture ID (and CC). Otherwise, I'd volunteer my services as a driver if you could supply a bus ticket back to my town. At this point in my life, though, I'm not going to drive through several states in a vehicle that has plates from none of those states with a license that has been expired way too long to use the ol' dumb look if I get pulled over for something (and I can't find my birddog :( ) .

Be nice if you could find a diesel with a five- or six-speed transmission. It'd get significantly better fuel mileage than its gasoline-fueled counterpart (and, probably, the next size up, too) and might have a 40- or 60-gallon fuel tank - which would be convenient. But those in long-distance-ready condition are most likely out of your price range.

Yes 10' truck, think they may have been bigger than 10'

Some of the shortest rental trucks don't have the "attic" cargo extension above the cab, which makes them seem even shorter in practical terms if you're moving much stuff (especially if you need to do so in a single trip). But I was recently in Sue's apartment and I wouldn't be surprised if she could pack everything into a ten-footer. I'm having a burnt moment right now and cannot remember standard box interior width and height numbers. Anyone know off the top of their head whether it's 6'x6', 8'x6', or... ?

I’ll be trimming them back to the quick before the move.

Afraid they'll have a noticeable odor if you don't scalp them? Does that vacuum-sealer gizmo of yours have a "no vacuum" mode?

Just for the record... the Toyota motor home link is a total and very obvious scam attempt. I recently swam thru the CL waters to buy a truck. After dealing with about 20 scammers, the simple idea that "an amazing deal often isn't" was well verified. I did find one there... but I had to swim thru a good bit of dark water before I got lucky.

Just for the record... the Toyota motor home link is a total and very obvious scam attempt.

You mean the telephone number that carries an area code for Palm Beach County, FL? I failed to notice that when I first looked at the ad. Other than that (which, admittedly, might be comparable to saying that was a great ski run other than when the person broke their leg :rolleyes: ), the price doesn't seem to be out of line with what one gets for it. For around here, at least. I walked past one of those a few times when it was for sale. It was $1,200 but was in considerably better shape. Sold in about a month.

I’d double that nickle. Lol. Interesting tack though, if one had a reasonable trust of the seller. In this area we have a quantity of snowbirds and their offspring, who frequently come into possession of their parents’ estates, much of which gets hauled back from Florida.

ALL CAPS! is never a safe bet. Lol!

Good morning everyone :love:
I’m headed into town with the daughter this morning to get my expired state ID renewed before I go traipsing across half the US. Sounded like a good idea. We’ll have coffee and pick up another pair of earbuds for her, do a little shopping for home necessities.

There is nothing I need to buy that I’m not giving away. Lol! My life is completely packed into easily-moved boxes and totes and nothing else needs to join that stack. I keep looking at all of it and wondering why I don’t just take the grow stuff and some clothes and start over. :rofl:

Seriously, I came back to this town pregnant, with a duffle bag in tow that held all I could hang onto, plus two boxes I shipped ahead, and one of those boxes of personal items ended up switched with someone else’s. It’s not like I don’t know how to start over now, is it?

Yeah....but I did hold onto some artwork from college friends, a few deeply-loved books, my dishes from the Pennsylvania Railroad dining cars, .......I suppose it’s not a bad thing for an aging woman to allow herself some personal possessions. Lol! There’s a stoic, spartan spirit that keeps trying to exert control saying, “Possessions control you.”

It’s fun to be me. :battingeyelashes:

A couple more hits of the DDA’s delicious buds and I’m ready to roll. Life runs so much smoother with a good wake ‘n bake, don’t you agree?

Hey... you know what? I woke up with a giggle and a perky proclamation of intent to playfully engage with my cosmic team. Let’s see where this takes us. The daily list of instructions goes thusly:

“Bring me ideas.
Help me rendezvous with like-minded people.
Help me be aware of my power.
Guide me to thoughts that’re In harmony with my core desires.

And bring me evidence of how this all works, in comfortable, humorous, delicious ways.”

Look at how much of that is fulfilled simply by walking through the virtual door to this loving community. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

You all have a deliciously delightful day.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

It just hit me like a flash: I raised my children to believe that true security is what you can live without. Here I sit with my belongings packed into a multitude of boxes, crates, totes, and bundled stacks.

I’ve spent the better part of the past two years giving away my possessions and I still have this much?

It shakes me up a bit.

The work takes equipment. The study takes notes and resource materials. All of that adds up to a lot of stuff. In the end I’ll come to peace with it. I helped carry it all up. Most of what I’m taking I carried up personally. Lol! It’ll be a lot easier to carry down. :love:

Flowers! I’ll pick some up today on the way home. Thanks for the idea Amy. :hug:

I do have a couple pieces of furniture Doob. The kitchen table and chairs, a 6’ x 4’ bookcase, the cabinet... add in all the boxes and I don’t see it fitting into a cargo van.

We realized we don’t need to go into town. I have a passport. Lol! We’ll just go to Target instead. :yahoo:

It’s a long bus ride into town and it’s colder at the point than it is out here further up the Mon. WooHoo! The sun just came out.

Aaaaand the train just stopped to block our crossing. Lol! It doesn’t happen often but every now and then one gets here too soon and has to wait on the laggard. The sun is shining and the company is good. Bring on the rest of the day. :slide:

Hiya SS,

Are you playing hide and seek? I hope you're okay. I think this is the longest you haven't posted since I've followed your journal. Maybe you're starting a new journal. Whatever, I hope you re alright.

Back
Top Bottom