T5 HO Grow Lights

Bud Holly

I am using a 12 tube T5 HO light.
My grow space is 2x5' (10 sq ft)
I have 8 girls in 3 gal fabric pots.
I am using all Foxfarm (soil and the trio of nutes...)
Ph is 6.3-6.5 and my TDS with nutes is about 16-1850.
My question is do I have too many babies for my light set-up?
I am about 10 days into flower, so I guess I can still train branches sideways a little longer.
Babies are almost 15" high and 19" around. I have not topped or pruned except for tying some branches down.

Thanks,

Bud Holly

I am using a 12 tube T5 HO light.
My grow space is 2x5' (10 sq ft)
I have 8 girls in 3 gal fabric pots.
I am using all Foxfarm (soil and the trio of nutes...)
Ph is 6.3-6.5 and my TDS with nutes is about 16-1850.
My question is do I have too many babies for my light set-up?

I am about 10 days into flower, so I guess I can still train branches sideways a little longer.
Babies are almost 15" high and 19" around. I have not topped or pruned except for tying some branches down.

Thanks,

Bud Holly
Well Hello again Bud,
And rifleman is correct I am running T-5s both in my veg tent and as supplemental light in my flower tent.
You can do LST right through to the bitter end if you like, and depending on your light lay out I would highly recommend it. I have 8 lamp t-5 ho fixtures which takes up a 4 foot by 2 foot footprint. In your situation I am curious which spectrum of lights your using? Are you using all red spectrums or do you have any blue mixed in?
It is too late to top them, you may consider doing so on your next grow but as for LST keep it up as much as you can to keep the canopy and equal height.
How far up are you running your lights? I run mine anymore from 8 to 14 inches depending on what I want the plant to do.
the general rule of thumb for growth per plant once they flip is
Indica=1 1/2 times
Hybrid= 2 times
Sativa=2 1/2 times
So if you just let her go and have a 2 foot plant at flip it could be anywhere from 3 1/2 foot to 5 feet tall when finished depending on the strain.
Do I think you have to many in flower with 8, yeah in all honesty, but with the light you are using your not going to end up with monsters bushes at the end so if you pack them in nicely and are able to deal with the hassle of watering that many in that tight of a space, you may be able to pull it off.
Pictures would help me help you way more then me trying to imagine your set up. Though from your post I can see at least you have done your reseach

I have 5 plants in about 9 square feet with a 600W HPS and it is too many plants. I'd go with 4 or 5 at most.

I have 5 plants in about 9 square feet with a 600W HPS and it is too many plants. I'd go with 4 or 5 at most.
I have 3 plants in around 16 square feet with 465 watts of LED and 432 watts of fluorescent. which seems nuts since the fluorescents are not doing anywhere near as much for my plants as my 2 LEDs
Personally if it was me, I would flower 2 at a time and just veg the others till it is there turn or put one in wait a month put a second in wait a month cram a 3rd in and by the time your 4th is ready to go in you will be close to harvest on the 1st.
Unfortunately he has already flipped all 8 and chances are he may have issues trying to get them back into veg. Not saying it isn't possible, just not sure if I would at this stage of the game.

Can you post a pic? 15 inches sounds good , i would tie them down as much as possible.. you might be better picking the best 6 plants to work with.
ive been thinking about this one^ and im having second thaughts about my comment here... considering the plants size and t5 lighting possibly 3 plants ? to allow enough room for training and keep them flat as possible.. for a sog method you may have vegged a bit long , flowering all 8 when they were about 7-8" may have been what you were aiming for ? Have you got any pics?

Ok i just measured my area.. the 8 plants i had last grow took up about 6x3ft area but there was about 750 watts of hps & led in there i flowered when they were about 15-17" and harvested 1 pound. It would be cool to see what 12 t5 lights could do.
Edit - what strain do you have?

Back
Top Bottom