Tall enough to flip?

We hijacked this guys thread. I had three plants. All sprouted the same time. All vegged for 8 weeks together. I pulled the healthiest one and put it in a tent on 12/12. The other two were on 14/10 for the first month by mistake. All three flowered equally the first month. When I flipped the 14/10 tent to 12/12 it exploded way past the tent on 12/12. That’s all I’m saying. Take it as you will. It could be the two plants I left in the 14/10 tent were just stronger plants but they all flowered equally the first month. Sorry to the op to hijack your thread.

We hijacked this guys thread. I had three plants. All sprouted the same time. All vegged for 8 weeks together. I pulled the healthiest one and put it in a tent on 12/12. The other two were on 14/10 for the first month by mistake. All three flowered equally the first month. When I flipped the 14/10 tent to 12/12 it exploded way past the tent on 12/12. That’s all I’m saying. Take it as you will. It could be the two plants I left in the 14/10 tent were just stronger plants but they all flowered equally the first month. Sorry to the op to hijack your thread.
Thanks man, still trying stuff even after 3 years.

all things being equal - you will always have a bigger plant if you give it more daylight hours at the beginning. you're simply vegging the plant. of course it's going to be larger if you run 14/10 from go. normally you'd run 18/6 before flipping to 12/12 and achieve even larger plants than what you experienced.

short answer is there is nothing even remotely strange or interesting in the results.
Thanks for the reply

These are Bruce Banner photos and wondered if I should flip to 12/12 or not.

Any time after 4 nodes you can flip. The plant will stretch somewhere between 2-3X in preflower. Strain and conditions will determine if it closer to 2 or 3X. I flip at 18-26 inches to safely stay within my 7'10' tall grow room. Remember they stretch out as well as up.

when I dropped the 14/10 to 12/12 it exploded.
The key reason people say it must be flawed science is that this is strain dependent. We treat this as one plant but forget it is three drastically different strains. Once you start mixing you can get any one of these traits pop up. Ruderalise is a northern plant, short grow season and auto flowers to beat the winter. Indica is a temperate plant that uses length of day to determine when to flower so it finishes before winter. Sativas are equatorial where there is no winter, no significant change in day length, and they grow year round naturally. Amazingly they all flower at the same time, all around the world. There is no consensus as to exactly how they all do that. Light duration isn't the key factor in flowering sativas. It's like adding bud candy. It will flower with or without it, but when you add it you get a boost. I run 14/10 first and last 2 weeks of flower on several of my pure sativa plant strains. Started doing it years ago after a broken timer led to a similar accidental discovery. Had several people question it. Bruce Bugbee ran the same experiment a year or two back with the same good results with sativas and ruderalise plants. So it isn't flawed science. Don't do this to an indica.

One of the 6 WW beans may produce a short fat indica plant while the 2nd WW bean may produce a lanky sativa leaner strain, while the 3rd bean could produce more hybrid mix and so on down the line.
I'm here to testify. I had that exact same thing happen on that exact same strain. Pruned the sativa-looking thing like an indica, and treated the indica like a sativa.

Just my luck.

😂😂😂😂😂

MGM

Back
Top Bottom