Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Beeeutiful Tangwena! How long was it since fermentation? It reminded me that I have a Carnival coming down by the end of the month and I’ll be able to do some colas like I did with Dark Devil Auto. You sure can’t beat the simplicity. :battingeyelashes:

The day was wonderful. Went for a walk about as high as I recall being outside the house. Lol! Nearly tripping, but I got out there and back safely. Sure was fun.

Cobs wear me out, the reason I parse them out sporadically. It’s coming on 9 PM and I’ll have to call it a day here real soon, hours before normal. Was it worth it?

Hell yeah! :slide:
Hi gorgeous that stuff is only 6 weeks since harvest it needs aging to get REALLY good but its so good now I cant stop taking it ha ha. I have heaps of cobs I haven't even tried that are more aged but the feeling I get from this young cure is just too good to miss.
It stinks in the best way possible has a sweet fermented fruit taste with a strong spicy peppery after taste. I need to use mouth wash after or every time I breath it smells of fermented weed ha ha.
BUT its the effect that blows me away king of the world I feel like I just won the lottery every minute I am high its got to be the best high I have produced/grown so far.
For my taste its perfect it makes me feel 16 and love with everything just breathless with euphoria. I cant begin to imagine how euphoric the aged cobs will become.
Every year just gets better and better for me who ever says getting old sucks need to try this god given plant I know I'm in heaven right now.
Bless you sister your doing gods work helping people who need a reason to exist my reason is just to feel this good every day ha ha.

That sir, is the gospel I preach at every turn - the whole purpose of existence is to find more creative ways to express joyful anticipation and loving.

Cobs, for everything else they do, seem to bring you into closer alignment with that cosmic momentum to love and be loved in return. It’s what keeps me hooked, and every post of yours says we’re riding the same joyful crest. :slide:

You know, it’s in my plans to someday visit Australia. You can be sure I’ll look you up while I’m there. :hug:

Highya Lazyfish,

I think Cheech and Chong would be proud of that one! I hope it does well for you! Cheers

That sir, is the gospel I preach at every turn - the whole purpose of existence is to find more creative ways to express joyful anticipation and loving.

Cobs, for everything else they do, seem to bring you into closer alignment with that cosmic momentum to love and be loved in return. It’s what keeps me hooked, and every post of yours says we’re riding the same joyful crest. :slide:

You know, it’s in my plans to someday visit Australia. You can be sure I’ll look you up while I’m there. :hug:
I dont know if I could keep up with you ha ha. But I wouldn't have to I'm sure, never been much of a competitor.
I just win without trying most of the time ha ha.
When your this high at the start you've already won before anyone else even races ha ha.
Bring a strap to stop your jaw hanging open all the time like mine does ha ha.

Oh man... too cool Tang! Thank you for sharing that vid...
Could you guys and gals imagine making a cannabis cob that big? Mmmmmm

Hahaha! Yes I can. :battingeyelashes:

Just keep going lazyfish. :hug: Good sweat. Let’s see what fermentation brings out.

This is the resin color on the canary buds of the Panama x Honduras the cobs resin is amber while the canary buds are caramel and I tell you the high is the best.
I will be aiming for caramel resin in all my future cures of this strain the band width of the high is incredible compared to the narrow bandwidth of the amber resin which although is a lot more powerful its not as much fun.

This is the resin color on the canary buds of the Panama x Honduras the cobs resin is amber while the canary buds are caramel and I tell you the high is the best.
I will be aiming for caramel resin in all my future cures of this strain the band width of the high is incredible compared to the narrow bandwidth of the amber resin which although is a lot more powerful its not as much fun.

So my friend, what made the difference, in your opinion? How would one chase a caramel tone as opposed to an amber one? What steps would I take other than improved genetic choices? Lol! I harvest mine early now, when the trichomes are milky, if that. I’ve no need for anything that slows me down. There’s still so much to learn. :slide:

Hmmm... now you have me curious as to the trichome status on my own cobs. Haven’t gone looking close in a while. Not tonight, the baby blues are tired from a long day of intense use. Hopefully tomorrow.

Think I will Cure another Week ?

End week 4 Cure
Started 28 Grams
Re-Sealed at 14.5 Grams so nearly 1/2 weight loss

This time I really noticed the Sweet Smell. It was basically the same smell but sweeter somehow ?

Also notice an AMAZING SPARKLE Reflecting off the sides of the Cob. It was really cool to see, I noticed it
while taking the photos next to the window. The sunlight was reflected off the cob like little BLINKING LIGHTS
sparkling on and off as I turned the Cob

Here are the used bags in order "week by week" its easy to see how the staining is less and less as the
time goes by

Thats the angels dust brother thats what I call it anyway its what you want to see either way.
Its done and just needs drying and aging from here.
Lovely job my friend when you chew the cob inspect them and get affected by its look smell and aura she will speak to you and you will learn how and what to do next time.

Thats the angels dust brother thats what I call it anyway its what you want to see either way.
Its done and just needs drying and aging from here.
Lovely job my friend when you chew the cob inspect them and get affected by its look smell and aura she will speak to you and you will learn how and what to do next time.

Thanks for the insight, Good call on the Sparkle.

She told me to give it another week :love:

So my friend, what made the difference, in your opinion? How would one chase a caramel tone as opposed to an amber one? What steps would I take other than improved genetic choices? Lol! I harvest mine early now, when the trichomes are milky, if that. I’ve no need for anything that slows me down. There’s still so much to learn. :slide:

Hmmm... now you have me curious as to the trichome status on my own cobs. Haven’t gone looking close in a while. Not tonight, the baby blues are tired from a long day of intense use. Hopefully tomorrow.
For what its worth I'm not much use for scientific answers but I dont think the resin color is important in harvesting sativas for fermentation curing.

The most important is the maturity of the plant catching it just before its last gasp before decline and death.
Depending on so many things its impossible for me to know the answers every plant will have its own harvest peak.
Every now and then I get close to it. I feel I now have the strains to work with and absolutely nailed the cure on this last lot.

Through heaps of trial and error i have found I prefer the caramel color for its lysergic like effects tripping on grass.
Short dry (2 days)
Short sweat (12hrs 40c)
Short cure ( 6 days)
Medium aged (1 to 3 months)
When I harvest this next small plant I will give that cure another shot and see if I can reproduce the effects and resin color.

If I can I will have got it right for that plant of this strain I can adjust a bit each way on that basic recipe for similar buds to try and get the same resin coloration in the cure.
The pic shows the buds used were clear to cloudy at best.
If I cured or sweated longer the resin starts to darken. I had some cob made from the same buds but cured twice as long and the resin is darker amber, caramel and white.
The high is more intense but not to my liking I prefer the caramel and white resin effect.

Back
Top Bottom