Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

So I'm reading on page 38 and have about that many to read to catch up. I think what I need is on the first couple of pages. I'll try to keep you posted on what I do. I have two plants coming down in the next few days so I shape a couple cobs up after hanging for a day or two. In addition to the seal-able zipper bags, corn husks and vacuum machine, I'll use a seed mat with thermostat. I can't wait. I bought the Handheld FreshSaver at the Walmart store for ~$19. Now where did I put that kite string?

Both the contestants have a Panama mother which should make for a perfect match to this cure. :love: :bongrip:

So I'm reading on page 38 and have about that many to read to catch up. I think what I need is on the first couple of pages. I'll try to keep you posted on what I do. I have two plants coming down in the next few days so I shape a couple cobs up after hanging for a day or two. In addition to the seal-able zipper bags, corn husks and vacuum machine, I'll use a seed mat with thermostat. I can't wait. I bought the Handheld FreshSaver at the Walmart store for ~$19. Now where did I put that kite string?

Both the contestants have a Panama mother which should make for a perfect match to this cure. :love: :bongrip:

WooHoo Jim! :yahoo: Be cautious and double seal the edges. I don't know how powerful the handheld is, and here you are showing us. :hug: If it turns out to work it'll,save money for those who won't use one more heavy-duty than this.

I made a new cob today of 1024. it’s a strong sativa so should work well.

I also pulled my others they seem good to me. I think I’ll seal them back up and let them cure for a month or so.

So they'll be ready to taste just about the time I hit Cali? :slide: You realize by then we'll all be spoiled by cobs? Lol!

I'm having a delightful day and the sun came back out. I'm taking this buzz out to the river path. :ciao:

I love when you pop in, tangwena. You smoked some and didn't like it? That says a lot I can;t wait to chew a real cob myself.

Neiko,

Hello again.

I have a lebanese landrace strain that is supposed to be high in CBD. Can you give me the name of the labs you use, Neiko.

The ones I found here in Oregon want $75 just to test potency....

Wow, you tested 30 strains? Have you posted the results anywhere?

I'm guessing on the number but it could a little more or less. I use psilabs.org in Ann Arbor, Mi. You can go to the website and search for member I believe. Mine are under Neiko's Nuggs. I use to test a lot more but now I have a lot of keepers that I run I don't retest them very often. I do want to see the effects of cobbing so I'm testing the carnival flower now then I'll do the con when I think they are done.

I opened mine yesterday after a week of fermenting. They were unwrapped and left out to dry for about 40 mins. In that time, the cornhusk wrapper dried and the cob as well. I felt they could use it so I then re-wrapped them, bagged and Vac'd and put them back in their spot on the cable box. They sit between 80-84 there.

I'm guessing on the number but it could a little more or less. I use psilabs.org in Ann Arbor, Mi. You can go to the website and search for member I believe. Mine are under Neiko's Nuggs. I use to test a lot more but now I have a lot of keepers that I run I don't retest them very often. I do want to see the effects of cobbing so I'm testing the carnival flower now then I'll do the con when I think they are done.

Yours will be the first tests of the Carnival that we know of Neiko. We’ll finally get a look at what terpenes are really present, and you got the desired limonene with the lime kick. :slide: I can’t tell you how excited I am that you grew her, because I figured you’d test.

Graytail’s gonna want to see those test results when you get them. We’ve been guessing at the profiles all along.

I have the same thing with the DDA. Great flowers, tremendous effect, incredible euphoria, but no one knows what the profiles are.

I opened mine yesterday after a week of fermenting. They were unwrapped and left out to dry for about 40 mins. In that time, the cornhusk wrapper dried and the cob as well. I felt they could use it so I then re-wrapped them, bagged and Vac'd and put them back in their spot on the cable box. They sit between 80-84 there.

Did you clip any off for a test? :battingeyelashes:

I actually have a plant or two hanging that I could probably try it with but I do not have the supplies. I also do not have any real sativa leaners at the moment either. From the sounds of it when it comes to indicas all you will enhance is the couch lock, and none of them need that lol

Hey Sue and everyone else.....just catching up on things (Ms Stank and I are on page 5 and saw this) and we are loving it. My thought on this statement is that perhaps it does serve a purpose. I love the effects of my bud but I am not a big fan of the actual smoking process (both none smokers otherwise) and this presents an option for me to get a potent night time med without smoking (I take oil capsules, but they don't KO me like smoking an indica will). If cobbing an indica will give a similar effect by chewing instead of smoking.....well hell sign me up!

I realize someone might have brought that point up in the other 61 pages we still have to read, and if so we apologize in advance.

I believe its our plan to start cobbing an ounce or two of every strain we harvest, just to try them all....why not right? Anyways, back to reading!

Oh yay......"stankcob"...... :thumb:

I'm guessing on the number but it could a little more or less. I use psilabs.org in Ann Arbor, Mi. You can go to the website and search for member I believe. Mine are under Neiko's Nuggs.

I didn't know any of the testing labs posted people's results online like that. That's pretty cool. I see you grew Zamaldelica and it broke 2% CBG. Yeah, I really do need to grow that one.

And the Nismo cut of Tutankamun, lol. Lucky! I've read that Tut occasionally manages to produce a high THC number.

Thanks for letting us know of the resource.

Hey Sue and everyone else.....just catching up on things (Ms Stank and I are on page 5 and saw this) and we are loving it. My thought on this statement is that perhaps it does serve a purpose. I love the effects of my bud but I am not a big fan of the actual smoking process (both none smokers otherwise) and this presents an option for me to get a potent night time med without smoking (I take oil capsules, but they don't KO me like smoking an indica will). If cobbing an indica will give a similar effect by chewing instead of smoking.....well hell sign me up!

I realize someone might have brought that point up in the other 61 pages we still have to read, and if so we apologize in advance.

I believe its our plan to start cobbing an ounce or two of every strain we harvest, just to try them all....why not right? Anyways, back to reading!

We are sooooo pleased to have you and the lovely wife join in on the adventures Van. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Enjoy the read. By the time you catch up Tangwena'll have you ready to commit more than an ounce per harvest. Lol! Seriously, if this works for you the way you need it'll be a great step to investigating the medicinal values and applications of cobs.

Is something special about cbg?

From MedicalJane:

Cannabigerol (CBG)

A non-psychoactive cannabinoid, CBG’s antibacterial effects can alter the overall effects of cannabis. CBG is known to kill or slow bacterial growth, reduce inflammation, (particularly in its acidic CBGA form,) inhibit cell growth in tumor/cancer cells, and promote bone growth. It acts as a low-affinity antagonist at the CB1 receptor. CBG pharmacological activity at the CB2 receptor is currently unknown.

Is something special about cbg?

Personally, I don't know because I never bothered to investigate such things when I was really growing much. But there's something special about most every part of a cannabis plant except, perhaps, the stems - and they make pretty good back-scratchers ;) .

I have read articles, though, that speak highly of CBG. Highly enough that I'd like to try some of the high (for CBG - it's not a cannabinoid that is present in high quantities in most strains) CBG strains one of these days to see how it/they work for me.

According to the first of these links, CBG has been shown to relieve pain, reduces inflammation systemically, induce sleep, inhibit cancer cell growth, slow bacterial growth, and stimulate growth of new brain cells. All of those make CBG seem like it was created just for me. And there are more on the list. Plus, it's being studied in regards to glaucoma. Again... right up my alley.
CANNABIGEROL (CBG) - BETTER THAN CBD?

The second link mentions that "Hemp strains of cannabis have higher amounts of CBG due to a recessive trait..." which makes me wish I could just call someone and order a pound of every hemp strain I could find (the stuff is certainly cheap enough). But the hassle, the hoops, the... It's probably about 100x easier for me to get "drug" cannabis seeds. Go figure.
Cannabinoid Profiles: A Crash Course in CBGa

Whoops, SweetSue beat me to it on the information production re: CBD. Oh well, might be something additional in these links, IDK. We'll probably end up reading each others, lol

Oh yeah..... this is the way to call it a day.... :passitleft:

Thanks lazyfish..... combine that CBG with THC and you potentiate the available pain relief. Cannabinoids and the ECS are so cool. :green_heart:

You know, when you're really high it can be a challenge to do a simple edit. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom