Tastes change over time

KROQ

420 Member
Hi Everybody.

Until I was 30, I probably never smoked more that once or twice a year. After 30, I just wasn't interested, and probably never smoked at all. The wave of legalization made me think again, and this year I decided to give mj another chance. Well, turns out at 50 I kinda like it. Medicinally, I get a lot of relief from neck pain that flairs up every couple of months. And a surprisingly, relief from joint pain and nausea after running.

My wife & grown kids are all rec smokers, and I'm working on my mom. She's in pain all the time: migraines, neck & back surgeries, neuropathy, nausea... pretty much the basic list for approved medicinal needs.

Here's my first sprout.
IMG_034322.jpg

It's a random seed from Nirvana. First try was a White Widow, then two randoms. I put them in a germinator from the hardware store, and took them outside after no sign of life after three weeks. Stupid squirrels ate my seeds! Next I tried two randoms with the paper towel germination on top of the fridge. The pict is the result.

I'll be growing in the attic with a box that I constructed from 2x2 framing and cardboard lined with foil. I have a little homemade CFL setup going on. I'll be paper toweling another WW seed soon, I really want to guarantee a female.

Any forum I look at here at 420 is an amazing source of information. Now after the first failures, maybe I've learned to accept the wise advice I read, and follow it. As opposed to trying germinators from the hardware store, for instance. :hmmmm:

Oh - and last night, whilst frantically finishing up my light setup for my new baby, I dropped the pipe down the attic stairs and it shattered on the floor. Glass might have made the difference for my enjoyment, so I'll be going to the "store" soon to replace Mr. Pipe.

Grow looks like its off to a good start. And welcome to 420mag. If you ever have questions or need help, don't be afraid to ask, there are tons of people here to help you any way we can

Re: Tastes change over time.

:ciao: KROQ, and :welcome: to the great community here at :420: where we are dedicated to
spreading Cannabis and Hemp awareness throughout the world.

Congratulations on getting the grow going and for understanding the true benefits of this great plant!

You should consider starting a grow journal so members can subscribe and follow you on the journey with help and support. It's also an excellent tool to document your successes as well as opportunities to improve on your next grow.
It's really easy to do, here's a link on how to do that:

How to Make a Grow Journal

We look forward to your success!

:circle-of-love:

KROQ, :welcome: to :420:. We are glad that you are here. I wouldn't use foil for a liner. Instead I would use flat white paint. New Member Start Links has a lot of excellent links to help you. There are many wonderful people here that are very knowledgeable. They willingly share their valuable knowledge with everyone. Look around and if you have questions then Frequently Asked Questions is a great place to ask or to find answers. Cannabis is wonderful medicine. I enjoy the buzz but the medicine is what is important to me. Have fun with whatever path you chose to follow. :peace: :Namaste:

Thanks for the welcomes. I look forward to making some friends :)

rillos, I am worried about heat and airflow up there. I've got a pretty big fan blowing on the box right now, but it'll probably still get into the 90s when it gets hot. I've run an ac duct direct to the box, so if it gets too hot I can connect it with just a little elbow grease.

ColoradoKid, I just started catching up on your journal yesterday. :yummy: I'll have to go back and subscribe so I can get some autoflower education. I don't think I've even considered what the future holds for painting / foiling the walls. The current box is an experiment to see what I can do whilst spreading costs over time.

The current box is just cardboard walls and I didn't even consider painting them - gluing on the foil seemed simple and no mess. If I get these plants to flowering, I'll build a second box with the same 2x2x5 dimensions, and painting the inside white would make sense. Now I'll have to research the argument, "Foil vs white paint". I see a lot of hits when I search for that.

Cannafan, I like the idea of starting a journal. Maybe after I transplant. It feels like I would jinx my grow if I started one now. The sprout in the picture visibly grew overnight, and the second plant is starting to poke it's head up out of the dirt this morning. I feel like I'm watering alot, but the leaves look dry. I've been wetting them every day. I've got holes in the bottoms of the cups so the soil drains quickly. Maybe it's the breeze that's making them look dry to me, or maybe just the 6500 CFLs.

:welcome: KROQ :high-five: try this purple kush :passitleft: you chose the best site to learn, share and most importantly (to me),

laugh while sharing & learning from my 420 friends.

Feel free to drop by my indoor/outdoor journal aka "my yard" and say hello, ask anything you'd like, see a cool plant & hopefully,

share something with us, or share a comment. You will get a warm 420 welcome and I'm always happy to have a new visitor or

participator. The link is below, take a peek at "Fluxy Lady in full restraint", browse around, you'll see some

unique pics and informative shares, from new first time growers to some veteran, experienced growers, from all over the world.

This grow style you can see thru the link below, has produced many award winning plants here at 420.

Enjoy the 420 family we have here, you'll find no better site!:circle-of-love:

Purple Kush. Mmmmmmmm :thanks:
I've been reading through your Fluxy Lady thread, trichomes, and it's pretty amazing! I'll say, "Hi" over at your place and follow along.
My White Widow feminized popped her head out on Mother's Day! I've got some pictures, I'll start a journal and get 'em posted soon. I'll need some help identifying the bugs I'm seeing. Seems like I squish a different type of insect (there's only been one in the box at a time) every day. None over the weekend, though. I sprayed the floor around the box with some RAID.

One bug I've never seen anything like it. It's squished so there won't be a picture :loopy: It was gold and the size of a grain of rice. Looked like a little scorpion or lobster. Came out of the soil and tried to run away.

LOl, KROQ gotta keep those critters in mint condition until photo'd, until u know what they are. We're always helping w/ critter control in my yard. Did u see those snails on top of slugs? nasty, those were in the UK, not mine.

I am also getting my mother to understand the benefits of 420 and she is going to give it a try very soon. I can't wait to grow meds legally for once.

I hope you are enjoying the site & your long read :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom