Teldrens Organic Soil 6-Plant Scrog 2x 400 HPS - 2 OG Kush 2 Bubba Kush 2 Blue Dream

Re: Teldrens Organic Soil 6-Plant Scrog 2x 400 HPS - 2 OG Kush 2 Bubba Kush 2 Blue Dr

Ok so I made my 5 gallon pots yesterday and transplanted. I let the plants get dry seems to ease the transition and they will explode once they get water. I water them real good after transplant then I will let the dry so roots will spread out looking for the water. Then I will only water around the edges more often to spread roots further. I rinsed, bleached, and boiled the stone which I use to line the bottom of my buckets for drainage and mixed up 25 gallons of soil. I use 50% EWC, 25% Pro-mix, 25% Perlite. I add 1 tspn. of dolamite lime per gallon to counter the acidity of the peat. I fill buckets about 2/3 full of soil and water it down with distilled water with some superthrive in it. The suck part is pulling my LST trapeze and in a couple days after they recover I start to re-tie them down.
Here is a root ball. Was hard to get pics with my phone, be dirty, and hold it with one hand.
20140220_143517.jpg

Re: Teldrens Organic Soil 6-Plant Scrog 2x 400 HPS - 2 OG Kush 2 Bubba Kush 2 Blue Dr

Here they are happy in there new buckets.
I only had a little wilting on two of them but after 2 hours they were good again.
20140221_075042.jpg

I had to tie the bubba kush down again after 2 hours it was standing straight up again. That damn big stalk sucks. I would say bubba kush is not the best scrog strain. Hard to manipulate it how I want it to be.
20140221_075049.jpg

Picked me some shade buds from the flower room. Gonna try it out later today.

Scrog screen evens out the canopy so light penetration stays pretty even to. I didn't go crazy defoiling so there are some buds under the canopy that doesn't really get light and wont fully develop. I should have cut them out a month ago but didn't so I will cut them and dry them out to have some test weed. The idea of the ScroG is only the colas that get light on top stay and everything under the screen you cut out so the plant doesn't waste energy on growing buds that will never fully develop. Instead when you cut it the energy gets better used making the tops even bigger and better.

Thanks. I would of thought some of the root balls would be bigger. I prolly should have waited a week or two but I had a room addition get delayed and not worked for two weeks and was going stir crazy. It's cool I am worried about space tho. I have 2-3 weeks left on the Blue Dreams and the sativa dominate strain will take at least another 4. Sucks I need more space I got that all crammed into a 9'x5' room I built in back of the garage and I cant clone until the veg plants move. I either need to port-a-scrog each plant if I do multiple strains because I think heights will be just as different as there flowering times or just do one strain at a time. Guess we will see how it goes.

Scrog screen evens out the canopy so light penetration stays pretty even to. I didn't go crazy defoiling so there are some buds under the canopy that doesn't really get light and wont fully develop. I should have cut them out a month ago but didn't so I will cut them and dry them out to have some test weed. The idea of the ScroG is only the colas that get light on top stay and everything under the screen you cut out so the plant doesn't waste energy on growing buds that will never fully develop. Instead when you cut it the energy gets better used making the tops even bigger and better.

Noted....thanks...LOL.

Renegade

Nice Work!

Pot Size - Veg-2.0 gallon / Flower-3.8 gallon
Medium - 50% Earth Worm Casting 25% Perlite 25% Pro-Mix
Lights - (2) 400 Watt HID HPS Digital Ballast
Nutrients - Home-made Guano Organic Tea's
Strain(s) - OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Blue Dream
# of Plants: 6
Temperature: 79 Degrees F
RH: Veg- 50-70% Flower- 35-60%
PH: 6.3 Distilled Water Before Guano's

This is my second grow and I am about one month from when I took/bought my clones I am using. I am separating this from my other journal I have going now. I have grown in the past but had only done hydro so soil is kinda new to me and am no pro so any criticism or advice is welcomed.
Enjoy!

Just made it to the end of the journal brother and I wanted to say nice work all around!
I chose to quote your original post in my initial response because I'm interested in your "Home-made Guano Organic Tea's".
Care to share as far as how you make them and how you use them?
Best wishes in regards to the end game!
I'm an organic guy and I'm new to this forum, so I'll be around to observe, learn, and help if need be for sure!
Keep it up!

Bless

Ps, who is the breeder/company of your Blue Dream?

My tea's consist of the following:
Each is for 5 gallons of distilled PH 6.3 water
Veg:
1/2 Cup Liquid Seaweed
2 Tbls. of Alaskan Fish Emulsion
1/2 Cup Earth Worm Castings
1/2 cup High Nitrogen Seabird Guano
Once per week they get:
1 Tspn. Black Strap Molasses per gallon of water
1 Tspn. Cal-Mag per gallon of water

Flowering: (week 0-4)
5 Gallons PH 6.3 Distilled Water
1/2 Cup Liquid Seaweed
1/2 Cup High Nitrogen Seabird Guano
1/2 Cup High Phosphorus Bat Guano
Once per week:
1 Tspn. Black Strap Molasses per gallon of water
1 Tspn. Cal-Mag per gallon of water

Flowering (Week 4-8)
1/2 Cup Earth Worm Casting
1/2 Cup High Phosphorus Bat Guano
Once per week:
1 Tspn. Black Strap Molasses per gallon (I use this as my flush solution as well)
1 Tspn. Cal-Mag per gallon (Except for final week or two flush)

I use this on EVERY watering. I use one gallon paint strainers for my tea bags and soak them for at least 24 hours and shake it up the more the better. I generally make two gallons at a time because it will go bad after a week or so. Seems to be working good so far.

I got the Blue Dream from a chick who sells clones on craigslist. Not really sure who bred it. I have smoked alot of Blue Dream from lots of dispensaries in Denver and can honestly say it is one of the best strains of it I have had.

Thanks For The Reply

Nice & thanks for sharing the recipes!
Def. looks like they're loving the guano teas based on their color!
And sound on the Blue Dream. I was hoping you knew because I'm looking into some Blue Dream for sure.
I was thinking of going with HSO's version, but also looking into the Bay Dream since Bay 11 is my new favorite strain!
Blue Dream was my favorite hands down until I had the Bay 11, so I can only imagine how nice the marriage of the two must be!

Anyways, carry on! I'll be lurking!

:peace: & Blessings

Ps, I'm surprised you're not having any drainage or root issues due to lack of oxygen down there using 50% EWCs for your mix!
Nice to see that you can use that high of a percentage and pull it off nicely! The highest I've gone is in the vicinity of 33% EWCs!

Ok so yesterday I re-tied down all the plants. Here they are today. The Blue Dreams and other 2 og's are starting to blow up with growth. Blue Dream starts slow but once it gets going it goes crazy.
20140222_094105.jpg

Back
Top Bottom