Th34v4t4r

Hey guys, I think I'm ready and set for a new journal, as we are about to start a new journey.

The last grow was a long and bountiful one. I got around 12ounce off of 2 plants.

Now we are going for 4x that.. I'm undecided of whether to go 3 plants or just keep 2. It's part of the plan we've yet to fully ponder.

I've adapted my tent by turning it 90°, this now gives me 60cm x 180cm on my base with the height reduced to 120cm. No great shakes. Other then a few air vents top side..

But this gives me not a room to scrogg and I know with my lights I'll still have the height..

I think sensibly I should run 4 plants. But that means making 2 more octopots and guys I'm happy with the two thatch successfully made, if you say so though damit I'll make 2 more

Any way the run down...

Don't ask what seeds in running yet as I'm not decided between.

10reg un fem cali orange.
5fem amnesia

Or cuttings of a few diff variety I'm wanting seed though and don't like the idea of maybe getting 10males lmao

60x180x120 tent.

Lights. Will be run 24/7 for 1st 3weeks then 18/6 for duration of veg and scrogg, then 12/12 for flowering.

1x viparspectra 600w plus a 300w.
2x quantum led 120w dimmables.

Secret jardinfans and extractor with carbon filter.

Home made octopots..

Medium will be coco balls, canna terra pro soil and permits mix.

Nutrients I'll stay safe with what i know and run the mother pukka coco clown starts pack again.
Along side my fave h202..

The system will be scrogged 6inch above my pot.

Techniques will be

Mainlining, topping, lst (hsrd and soft), lollipopping and heavy leaf defols which I know is hated but secretly loved

I'll scrogg out to the capacity of my tent bar about 8inch all round and 4 inch above my canopy line before flipping.

Anyhoo welcome 1 and all take a seat and don't forget to butt in randomly when you want to say something..

No rules here.

Enjoy..

P.s visit the last diary for a basic background to how I'm going to achieve 20ounce with 2 plants

Here's a few pictures of the setup as is so far.. I know it looks tight on height but that is only going to serve to my benefit lmao...

I need some more soil as I've only half filled both pots but that's not a problem.

Lights are all ready to go.

Just need to get some seeds which is going to be a couple of weeks away I think.

Buzzing for it though
IMG-20200102-WA0004.jpg

The net pot sits inch of the floor as before...

IMG-20200102-WA0005.jpg

Plenty of perlite

IMG-20200102-WA0007.jpg

So whobthinks the two pots will be enoufh.. I can fit 4 easily.. It's just alot more gear to buy that I don't I'll need.

IMG-20200102-WA0006.jpg

Boom. Plenty for the room. Don't look directly at it with out a welders mask.

So.. there's a couple of bag seeds I've found in my ounce of wedding cake.. No idea anything about the strain. I don't known if it's from a hermie or not.. if it is then doesn't that mean she'll be female..??? I have 4 seeds total so I'm gunna pop them. The weed they come from is really nice so I think if they don't hermie them selves and are female then I'm buzzing right.

It's just I going to be having some stress full techniques through out the journey.. so it's a gamble I guess....

Anyway there in the water for 24hrs then I'll transfer to some damp paper and a zippy bag

I'll have to keep them in normal pots so I can sex them and choose the 2 strongest before introducing them to the octopot, however when they go on, oh boy lmao I can't wait.

Snapchat-639801093.jpg

Here is a picture of the bud it has come from.. It's not riddled with seeds and it's a nice nugg.. the whole ounce is some stunning weed.

Snapchat-213267248.jpg

Close up of the girls.. u think they look ripe... whether they pop is another question.

Snapchat-799242895.jpg

4 girls in the drink....

So that's the latest. And if these don't pop I'll have to order some more and not be tight..lmao

I hear mixed review about bag seed.. who knows.

So out of the 5 I dropped in the drink only 1 took to the thing we call life... to be honest the seeds were a little pale and I don't think fully ready..

I have however. 7more lmao.. and these are all dark and stripy ready to go . I've dropped 2 more in the drink..

I'm hoping they both take root cause I want 3 plants for my tent, 2 isn't enough lol.

It'll take to long to veg the space out I think..

Anyway I've also stuff a jiffy baggie with my soil mix and poked holes all through it. And I've popped my seed into it ... the idea is, before I put them in the octopots I want some root balls. Just so there is a real nice top zone, then it can drop it's roots to find its water happy days.

I think it's going to take 2months for where I want the plants to be....
.that's if these seeds arnt males and we have all females..

I dunno I think the chances of them being fem are high..

So the seed that has popped is tap root down in this baggie full of good stuff..
20200112_131222.jpg

I'm hoping I can make a real small root ball and keep upsizing it till I'm ready to sex her...

I'll do the same with the other 2 when and if they pop.

By my math... If the plants that grew the buds.. was already femal and we're stressed into hermaphrodite status then the seed would be feminized any way correct?..

Same if they were introduced to a male.. because the originating plant was female the seeds produced would be feminized I'm sure.

And it's a male that produces regular seed variety?? Am I right in that think in..

Cause if so then the bag seed in a got have like 75% chance of being female surly.

I hope so either way other way I'm about to waste a month time lmao

Attachments

• 20200112_131230.jpg
    20200112_131230.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 228
Males produce pollen sacks and females produce flower. All seeds come from the female, as that is the embryo of the plant.

I've actually read a bit on your "octopot" grow. Very cool stuff. A couple of months back, I was considering an octopot for when I finally started growing. Haven't pulled the trigger but I plan to go that route at some point. Can't wait to see your plants this go around.

Males produce pollen sacks and females produce flower. All seeds come from the female, as that is the embryo of the plant.

I've actually read a bit on your "octopot" grow. Very cool stuff. A couple of months back, I was considering an octopot for when I finally started growing. Haven't pulled the trigger but I plan to go that route at some point. Can't wait to see your plants this go around.

Hey buddy thanks and welcome... the octopot was alot of trial and error but the last go round crack 12oz off 2 plants, the scrogg helped but I don't think it would have happened with out the octopot system. I would like to get the official set up its just a little too much right now cost wise.

Ahhh so then these seeds could be male easily enough then. Ffs fuming at that.. how is it that the feminized are guaranteed then.. I'm well confused with that part lmao

You reckon I should throw all the seeds in the drink lmao... chances are good then.. I suppose if I get one I can grow her and chop some cuttings lmao.. if sooner not though

Feminized seeds come from female plants being sprayed with gibberilic acid. They spray female plants and it confuses them in to producing seeds. Only these seeds have no male chromosomes to create males.

I can't offer opinion on how many to do. Technically, you have 50/50 chance on male or female for each. Lol

Boom thats 5 more in the drink lmao... so technically I have 8 on the go.... 50/50chance at 4female 60/40 chance for 3female lmao... 80%chance of at least 2 lmao I hope.. Well it's done now.. we shall see. If I only get one I'll turn her into a mother plant with my smaller 300w viparspectra light.. keep her in veg for a fair while.

Attachments

• 20200112_153650.jpg
    20200112_153650.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 223
I'm liking those odds. Also always great to have a mother around of your keeper phenotype. I'm pulling up a chair.

I'm liking those odds. Also always great to have a mother around of your keeper phenotype. I'm pulling up a chair.
Hey lord and welcome..

Funny you should mention it like that. I've just had talks with fellow enthusiast, about finding a particular pheno we like and mothering a plant from that..

We've only talked about the strongest genes/phenos of one particular strain

To harvest around 100 cuttings at a time off one mother..

So I'm looking in to all that now

Hey lord and welcome..

Funny you should mention it like that. I've just had talks with fellow enthusiast, about finding a particular pheno we like and mothering a plant from that..

We've only talked about the strongest genes/phenos of one particular strain

To harvest around 100 cuttings at a time off one mother..

So I'm looking in to all that now
Excellent. I'm in constant pheno hunt mode. My group has spent 2 years finding the best mom's of 10 strains. It's fun. Then you garauntee the medicine that works for you consistently. Cheers!

Excellent. I'm in constant pheno hunt mode. My group has spent 2 years finding the best mom's of 10 strains. It's fun. Then you garauntee the medicine that works for you consistently. Cheers!

What would you recommend.. I'm thinking 10 seeds labl3d 1-10.

2 weeks before flower take a healthy couple of cuttings from each...

Send the mother's through to flower so we can test the strain, then use the cutting labelled accordingly to the one we vote best out the bunch?

What would you recommend.. I'm thinking 10 seeds labl3d 1-10.

2 weeks before flower take a healthy couple of cuttings from each...

Send the mother's through to flower so we can test the strain, then use the cutting labelled accordingly to the one we vote best out the bunch?
Yeah. Check out my "I'm back" forum. I usually take clones 3 weeks before my next run in flower, and then they get a 2 month veg. Easiest way is take a couple clones per pheno labelled 1-10. Plant the best rooted clone as a mother of each pheno. Flower the originals and after the grow compare sizes weights structure and noding and of course the smoke test. Then eliminate all mothers except the keeper pheno.

Yeah. Check out my "I'm back" forum. I usually take clones 3 weeks before my next run in flower, and then they get a 2 month veg. Easiest way is take a couple clones per pheno labelled 1-10. Plant the best rooted clone as a mother of each pheno. Flower the originals and after the grow compare sizes weights structure and noding and of course the smoke test. Then eliminate all mothers except the keeper pheno.

Well that was exactly what I was thinking.. how ever.. shame to loose the original seed .. as mother..

Never mind though this is what was expected

In other news...
The wedding cake seeds I've popped in the drink, sank and that was because they all gained weight and chucked out a tap root each
Snapchat-246708583.jpg

Buzzing how ever I have no idea how Many if any are female it's a proper gamble I guess lmao.

So I've got me some more baggies... holed me some more holes, filled some goo stuff inside and buried thier noses in it...

I
20200113_222945.jpg

There are 7 baggies filled inside a roses tub with soil packing round the is slightly moist . More to stop them rattling about. I'll wait 48 hours and them get them under a 300w led to kick em I to life...

I'm hoping for a good few females as I could maybe mother a good version of this weddjng cake...

Question? If I had a 1.5x1.5m tent setup.. scrogging the mother down. How many cuttings could I potentially take... and how often?

Well that was exactly what I was thinking.. how ever.. shame to loose the original seed .. as mother..

Never mind though this is what was expected

In other news...
The wedding cake seeds I've popped in the drink, sank and that was because they all gained weight and chucked out a tap root each
Snapchat-246708583.jpg

Buzzing how ever I have no idea how Many if any are female it's a proper gamble I guess lmao.

So I've got me some more baggies... holed me some more holes, filled some goo stuff inside and buried thier noses in it...

I
20200113_222945.jpg

There are 7 baggies filled inside a roses tub with soil packing round the is slightly moist . More to stop them rattling about. I'll wait 48 hours and them get them under a 300w led to kick em I to life...

I'm hoping for a good few females as I could maybe mother a good version of this weddjng cake...

Question? If I had a 1.5x1.5m tent setup.. scrogging the mother down. How many cuttings could I potentially take... and how often?
If you scroged it out and had 1 top trained to each 3.5" trellis hole you would have 230 tops as clones mathematically.

Jebus lord almighty, lmao....
So

If we stripped back gave 1 week recovery time and another 3 weeks vegging between chops.. I could run 200 a month.. that sounds like the ticket..

Jebus lord almighty, lmao....
So

If we stripped back gave 1 week recovery time and another 3 weeks vegging between chops.. I could run 200 a month.. that sounds like the ticket..
If everything went perfect yes. You also have lower branch clones you can take. So you should be able to clone the shit out of her.

Back
Top Bottom