THC Bomb Auto - Berry Bomb Auto - Quarter Pounder Auto

This is as far as I got the green house, no seeds here yet so I have time, planning on 5 gallon buckets with peat moss and perlite and some amount of lime, willing to take suggestions on mix ratio

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Hey AK, sorry I haven't been around in a bit, been busy myself. Greenhouse looks great along with your guardian companions :)
I would say get at least 30% perlite in with the peat moss for good drainage and oxygen since they will be in the green house. I am not sure about the lime though, maybe 10%? Glad you got all your seed issues figured out and they are on the way now. You will have quite the seed bank once they all arrive :)

I'm going to put a thermostat fan in the upper rear so I can try to keep it below 80 the best I can on good days, just spent a bunch on priming some stuff here, coco coir, gh floranova grow and bloom 2.5 gal each, gh rapid start for roots 500ml 1 gal botanicare cal mag plus, a Milwaukee mw802 ph/tds unit
And I spring icc7p ro water unit, seriously getting committed now

I'm going to put a thermostat fan in the upper rear so I can try to keep it below 80 the best I can on good days, just spent a bunch on priming some stuff here, coco coir, gh floranova grow and bloom 2.5 gal each, gh rapid start for roots 500ml 1 gal botanicare cal mag plus, a Milwaukee mw802 ph/tds unit
And I spring icc7p ro water unit, seriously getting committed now

Yup, you're really into it for the big buds now! lol Keep it all comin :)

My Canadian order is in, they gave me different freebies , kinda wanted the free photos they said they were going to give me, but I guess it'll be nice to see how the free autos turn out, will be getting a humidity done and some 4 inch rock wool cubes and some small food bottles to get these going until my order comes in
3e30a25bd63a16512322411438631ae1.jpg

I like the breeder packs, wish herbies didn't ask me to super stealth

Did Herbies ask you directly to ship them super stealth or was it just suggested on the website?

I ordered from Canada in March and received all my seeds in breeder packs, unmolested by customs. Herbies is great! Excellent customer service, not only as a seed bank, but as a company in general. Very professional.

My Canadian order is in, they gave me different freebies , kinda wanted the free photos they said they were going to give me, but I guess it'll be nice to see how the free autos turn out, will be getting a humidity done and some 4 inch rock wool cubes and some small food bottles to get these going until my order comes in
3e30a25bd63a16512322411438631ae1.jpg

Nice, I've wanted to try some bomb seeds.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

THC Bomb Auto Berry Bomb Auto Quarter Pounder Auto

Ok finally got stuff going today
17f069b98b56a2d421031e8c40f0a2fc.jpg

2 of each thc bomb auto big bomb auto and quarter pounder auto, will check them in 2 days
3af9ade4e9c00f82a26ef258691e9493.jpg

6c8253e930d674b8c4e16a0b51457008.jpg

Bought a little light I can use for seedlings and clones and a humidity dome, had to get myself a ph kit and some cal mag since my order hasn't showed up, the grow shop had freebies 4 500ml connoisseur ph perfect both a and b of grow and bloom, went with 3 inch grodan cubes I wanted 4 but they only had the big hole 4s meant for the insert and I didn't feel like buying any extra stuff
3c66941550d051ebcc9814fdd419663a.jpg
3aae3becbe4cffca5a6e992d958318e0.jpg

Had to buy distilled water because my ro filter hasn't showed up yet either, it looked to be a orangish yellow so I was hoping for in between 5.5 and 6 I know the tester that came with ph stuff isn't ideal but it'll have to do until the one I ordered arrives

Will go with 5 gal perlite hempy buckets or perlite Walmart sacks, not sure yet, may do a 50/50 coco blend if the coco gets here in time

Let the fun start.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Did some temp monitoring in the greenhouse today, it got up to 91 while it was only 78 outside, so I have a 8"duct fan and thermostat coming in express , it was hot enough one of my raspberry plants is totally drooping and sad, atm it's only 53 I don't think I'll be putting a heater , hopefully just keeping them from cooking will be enough, autos are supposed to be a bit heartier with temps but who knows how much , I'm sure it's strain dependent also

Right on right on :) Things are getting started over here. I see you are going to try out the hempy bucket style grow to start with, good choice and very easy for a beginner. I like them because of the ease and handling, also it's impossible to over water this way.

Glad to see all the seeds came and you have some germinating already. I will point out that the seeds will need air to help them germinate, be sure to open up them ziploc bags a few times a day at least because they can't get any fresh air sealed shut. It may also run a risk of bacteria or mold forming on the paper towels. I just set the paper towels on a plate and place it in a mostly dark warm area.

Hope all goes well with whichever path you choose :)

All seeds have some signs of life, but they are going slow, I think it's temp, been having them on my cable box, but maybe it's not on enough, we been having warm winters and cold summers idk what's going on around here

One thc bomb and one quarter pounder looked ready so I soaked the blocks in a 6.0 water and planted and set em up in the humidity dome under my 6400k t5 2232 lumen starter light with reflector
203031b06b3da41d14ba9dad90389841.jpg

18/6 or 24/0?

16/8, 18/6, 20/4, 24/0, it doesn't matter. I run 24/0 with my T8 fixture & 18/6 if I'm using the HPS to veg. Not sure why you put them in rockwool, though. pH isn't going to matter at this point either. 6.3-6.8 is the range you want to be in, regardless of your medium. Understand first what pH is/does before you listen to the 5.5-5.9 pH'ers(retarded). You will NEVER have to use cal/mag, if you properly pH your water, etc & so on/forth.

Being this is your first grow, you're probably really excited to do a bunch of shit......don't. The plant WILL tell you literally EVERYTHING you need to know. You're growing autos, so give them a few days to get up & going, then put them into their final pots. The more sun, the better. I grow in Pro Mix (Canadian product, you should definitely use it over just about every "bag soil" you can find) & usually introduce 2 mL of AN's Grow A/B, around day #5 of life. Pro mix is very forgiving & gives you the opportunity to really get in there with your plants every day/other day. I love it.

Good advice thrown in there StupidNoob!

Just want to mention one thing about the ph levels. There are 2 different sets of ph levels for nutrient intake, 1 for a hydro setup (soilless) and 1 for for organics/soil setup. You have the ph levels bang on for soil and organic grows. Hydro setups require a lower ph level though for nutrient intake which is where the ph levels of 5.5 - 6 come into play. Those are the ph levels I shoot for with my hempy (passive hydro) setup and I have had no big deficiency issues. Had a calcium issue at one point but corrected that by adjusting my nutrient levels, I don't use calmag either myself. I find it all has to do with each line of nutrients and how much of each nutrient they include, every line is different and will require different supplements or adjustments.

Since you are planning on using a hempy bucket style setup for your first grow AK, ph levels aren't really to big of an issue. If you check out my journal in the sig below you may be able to see what I am getting at. I do not need to ph balance my mixes unless they are super low (below 5) as the plants will use up the nutrients that they can take in in the lower 5ph range and as they are used up the ph level in the reservoir of the bucket actually rises. Once the ph level starts to rise due to some of the nutrients being taken in, the plant will be able to take in the nutrients that it can around the 6ph level. After about 2 days (sometimes less) the reservoir ph is actually up between 6.5 - 7. So basically as the plant uses nutrients the ph levels will rise in the reservoirs of the buckets.

Hope this helps you out some with understanding the hempy buckets. If you do end up mixing with 50/50 coco/perlite just be sure to fill the bottom of the bucket about 2 inches above your drain holes with just straight perlite :)

Back
Top Bottom