THC Bomb Auto - Berry Bomb Auto - Quarter Pounder Auto

Here is the ph/nutrient intake chart that I go by. I believe a lot of people use this same one, I found it here on the forum.

ph_nutrient_chart1.jpg

All of the first seeds quit progressing, I'm guessing that on top of the cable box may be too hot, I got my herbies in today so I put 6 mazars on the box with the plate method, put little water in case I put too much the first round and after 8 hrs it was dry already

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Don't want to let the paper towels dry out at all when germinating. If they are drying out that fast you can try placing another plate over top of them just ensure there is some gapping to allow for a little air to get in. Make sure the paper towel is wet but not soaking wet with water pouring off it everywhere. If the taproots on the seeds dry out for to long they could be damaged and not grow but I wouldn't think that your cable box would be to hot. I used my satellite receiver and it worked great.

3 of the mazars popped already just sitting on fridge at 70-75 degrees, wondering if I should try grow cubes again or something else

Four mazars of 6 had 1/2"+ tap roots so they went in rock wool cubes, I got my new ph meter up and running and followed instructions, soaked blocks in 5.5, the two others have not shown themselves yet, so I put two big bombs in between plates and I'll be replacing the old ones if the new ones sprout in two days
53af645ed9ef8f4b5b16ae95c1468836.jpg

Oh, man, AKRoughneck! When we first chatted, I thought we were going to compare notes. You're starting so far beyond me, that I don't even understand half of what you're doing. You've seen how low end my journal is. ;)

You'll definitely get a lot of help from other hydro growers.

BEAUTIFUL greenhouse, BTW! I'm SOOOO jealous! There's no way I could have something like that outdoors in MY neighborhood!

I noticed that the Canadian seed banks are far more expensive than overseas, esp Nirvana Seeds. Did the Canadian seeds all germinate? I had a lot of trouble with Nirvana's seeds out of the Netherlands (only 50% germination), altho their customer service is outstanding. Was thinking of going to Crop King in CAN for my next set of bubble gum hybrids.

I think seed banks send freebies similar to what you order. That's why they gave you auto freebies. I got photo freebies from Nirvana, as that is what I ordered. Next Order will be feminized, to cut down on the males.

I will be watching to see how your autos progress. I understand they can be pinched back early to make them branch. If you do well, I may also order an auto bubble gum variety. My biggest headache is scheduling my 3 grow units.

You can start using light solutions of the rapidstart anytime now I'd say. I know some people will actually put a very light solution in with the water they dampen their paper towels with while germinating. But yes, go ahead and give them a half strength mixture of the rapid root solution and get them roots growing! :) More roots, bigger plants, bigger buds! Remember though, no other nutrients for the first couple of weeks or until they get their 3rd set of true leaves.

THC Bomb Auto Berry Bomb Auto Quarter Pounder Auto

e61c0df989928c73530eb7cd20a81d5d.jpg

Everything looks ok to me so far, a big bomb is poking up out of the rock wool now, trying to get a sixth seed popped, seems the Canadian seeds don't like popping as much as the mazars but it could have been my fault for keeping them to warm, have one more giant big bomb seed that's been in towels 3-4 days now with nothing going on, the big bomb that's now poking out the rock wool is same age, and I put 2 quarter pounder seeds in the towels less then 24 hours ago so hopefully one of them gives me a tap root soon, I'll put a super tiny amount of rapid start in the water, wondering if a tiny amount of cal mag would help in the ro water now? Front right is big bomb and rest are mazars

I wouldn't bother adding any calmag or anything else yet, those seeds will have everything else they need stored inside for a couple of weeks of living, the root stimulator just gives them an extra boost. And don't worry to much if a seed doesn't pop in 3 or 4 days, sometimes a seed can take up to a week or more to crack and push that taproot out of the shell. I heard of one guy that had a seed sit for 2 weeks before it developed. It's not just seeds from Canada vs Europe either really, it's just genetics and how things work. If you have a bad germination rate you can always contact the seller and let them know what happened, most times they are more than happy to help you out or even send more seeds. Hope this helps :)

So i put a little less then .5ml per gallon of rapid start and got it ph5.7 it'll rise naturally the next few days ppm didn't notice the rapid start I'll keep a close eye for any signs of the little girls not liking it

First Mazar to pop is looking good
b79e8ceaa8fbfe5e71243b5e940051a8.jpg

Next one looks ok also
fcd68833514243233b0bbfe74d304921.jpg

This one has as thick a stem and leafs are still developing, but it's staying short
4a5446e684df1acee06fbf225d964b5c.jpg

This one seems like it has not been doing much it's stem is thin and leafs are small
45b5c059524089c3704ba6e9cf44bd88.jpg

This big bomb has only been above rock wool a couple days and is already bigger then the slow Mazar
87230650997e83222017c9c30e6b4cfd.jpg

I put a sprouted quarter pounder in a cube this morning, maybe I'll put the other one in a cube and replace the small Mazar?

Tested run off and water that was in tray before watering it was
6.8 and 7 so I'll be watering to run off twice a day and removing run off water

So before bed I made a fresh batch of .5ml/gal rapid start @ 5.7ph 0ppm and turned each block sideways over the sink and thoroughly flushed them to help make sure ph in blocks is good, I also gave them 6 hrs of dark for the first time, I think the puny mazars leafs got bigger in just 6 hrs, and I guess what the capn said about rock wool is true, 3 waterings in one day on seedlings and they seem to be thriving :)

The two little quarter pounders are both poking out of the rock wool, I doused them with some 5.9 ph ro water with .5ml/gal rapid start and put them back in the humidity dome under the 6500k t5
ddfa569062df54531a9a02ade42a0ad5.jpg

dd40a8a890e198b1eb27b90888d09750.jpg

The older little ladies 1 big bomb and 4 mazars are out in the sun! They were fed 5.7 ph ro water with .5ml/gal of each rapid start, flora nova grow, and cal mag plus @ 110 ppm
2ce4512a6b8b55b911b8bd475c0deac3.jpg

8e02e5ce4e52dcd7f3e3f28f1ce88e52.jpg

c48f4dd0b5d15afa4d023f18fc2b2366.jpg

28a86736f4161f073cabc58cdd4b72c0.jpg

4c4c6ece7bc5b7d22933cca7a07b81e5.jpg

A couple of the blocks have some green stuff on them?

Hey, they're looking lively over there! That green stuff is just algae due to the moisture, it is mostly caused by the light hitting the rockwool cube while it is wet. You could try making something to set over top of the cube to block the light from hitting the cube itself. The algae wont hurt much but you don't want it to over take everything, it happened to me in my hempy cups and buckets with perlite until they got big enough to shade more of the area. Keep up the good work :) Remember to keep those ppm's low for the first couple weeks, they don't need much of anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom