Israel Laurin

Why do different sites have different thc % listed for products that are identified as the same stran of canabis. They vary by 5%. Seems like a big variation for what should be identical genetics. And how do I know the % of thc in what I have? Can I test it in a stealth fashion?

Why do different sites have different thc % listed for products that are identified as the same stran of canabis. They vary by 5%. Seems like a big variation for what should be identical genetics. And how do I know the % of thc in what I have? Can I test it in a stealth fashion?
Its what they average test results come.back at some.genes are stronger somea weak u may buy 2 of the same strains but from different breeders and be 2 totally diffrent plants

Autoflower420

It wont be identical like saying all asian all English all.africas look same as each other

Autoflower420

Just like "flowering time" is basically a rough guess same goes for thc listed by the seed companies. Far as Dispensaries having different levels it is because a ton of variables on what the finished product tests at due to how it was grown/what phenotype came out dominant/lights/gravitational pull of the moon/etc...... Not something you can test at home unless you have the expensive equipment and the knowledge to go with it, so if not legal where you are at it would be tough to have it tested by a lab. But THC isn't the only factor into the "high" or effect, so a difference in % doesn't always mean a higher high than a lower % content.

Welcome to 420!

Like Autoflower and UrbanMonk said, different breeders have their own version of popular strains. They are mostly similar to the original but vary in a lot of traits besides just THC. If you have a strain you want to grow, check out who's growing it well on this site and find out what breeder their strain is from. Most list the breeder and strain on intro to their grow journal.

And what's listed online is a rough estimate of what you might achieve with excellent growing conditions. If you live in a legal state there are testing facilities you can go to. Cost in Washington is $70/sample. I just compare what I grow to store bought weed that's already been tested. Not very precise, but it gives me a general idea of how I'm doing. Even with genetically identical clones I have some plants that match what I buy and some that didn't even come close on my first grow. Growing conditions matter more than specs on seed website.

I recommend focusing on strains that are easy to grow and have the effects you like. Ignore the potency in description. You can always smoke more if it turns out weak, but you can't change the effects.

Thanks /kingstonrabbi
Best response yet for me personally. Would love to grow a stran that focuses on creative/ cerebral high with low couch potatoe buzz

Back
Top Bottom