The best HID lights to use and are metal halides worth the agro for veg?

kk thanks mate gonna have a look at the phantom now. Did the phantom digi work with the 1000w hortilux?? If not i may just use the magnetic ballasts since they seem more compatible with hortilux.

Yep. Mine is a 1000w Phantom II. I believe its about $300 retail. You probably don't need to go THAT top of the line unless you're not worried about budget at all. I know phantom has some cheaper ones too, but, like I said, I know basically nothing about digital ballasts. I like the magnetics alot.

Yep. Mine is a 1000w Phantom II. I believe its about $300 retail. You probably don't need to go THAT top of the line unless you're not worried about budget at all. I know phantom has some cheaper ones too, but, like I said, I know basically nothing about digital ballasts. I like the magnetics alot.

Kk thanks a lot iwltfum now im good to go. I may grab a few magnetics aswell to see the difference plus itll save me a few ££. :peacetwo:

I like the Phantom II because the 600 and 1000 watt are dimmable and both accept MH/HPS no problem. Also they do work just fine with all bulbs from what I have seen/experienced. I know for a fact they work well with Hortilux bulbs as well as Apollo/Ipower cheap MH bulbs. I wouldn't worry too much about bulbs being compatible with digital ballasts, especially a good one.

You should take a look into Ceramic Metal Halides (CMH) as they have amazing spectrum's that have a near sunlight spectrum for indoor growing.

I like the Phantom II because the 600 and 1000 watt are dimmable and both accept MH/HPS no problem. Also they do work just fine with all bulbs from what I have seen/experienced. I know for a fact they work well with Hortilux bulbs as well as Apollo/Ipower cheap MH bulbs. I wouldn't worry too much about bulbs being compatible with digital ballasts, especially a good one.

kk nice one juan. Im def gonna grab a few phantoms. they seem expensive but seem to be a good investment.

Icemud knows about his lights, if you are looking at buying multiple lights it sure wouldn't hurt to pick up a Ceramic Metal Halide and make your own decision. I believe they use them for both veg and bloom.

I run hortilux bulbs, I have run cheapos before that and the difference is huge. I use cfls for veg, but EYE muthufuckin HORTILUX for flower!!

Edit.. I run middle of the line Internet ballest?s?

I run hortilux bulbs, I have run cheapos before that and the difference is huge. I use cfls for veg, but EYE muthufuckin HORTILUX for flower!!

Edit.. I run middle of the line Internet ballest?s?

loool nice one cuz. the lighting equipment is hard to pick up in the uk. Hortilux etc. just glad to hear this stuff from people who know their shit. prior I only thought HPS was the way to go. atleast I have options now. ima go with the CMH for veg and HPS (hortilux) for flower. good idea?? do u know of dimlux?? are they anygood?

loool nice one cuz. the lighting equipment is hard to pick up in the uk. Hortilux etc. just glad to hear this stuff from people who know their shit. prior I only thought HPS was the way to go. atleast I have options now. ima go with the CMH for veg and HPS (hortilux) for flower. good idea?? do u know of dimlux?? are they anygood?

You also could consider running CMH + HPS for flowering too, the mixed spectrum of both together is amazing :)

I use D Papillon 315w cmh. 4100k. I also just started using a 250w osram son t plus alongside it, 2050k. I'm expecting great results with this combo.

If you don't want to spend that much, get a 600w dimmable ballast. But get a 400v ballast!

You also could consider running CMH + HPS for flowering too, the mixed spectrum of both together is amazing :)

icemud if I did run CMH+HPS how many would u recommend for 30 plants, what ratio should I go for and what wattage of each to get best results also is it wise to run a dual spectrum HPS + CMH for veg or just the CMH and stick to the combo of HPS + CMH for flower? much appreciated if u can help me on this coz that setup sounds outstanding bro :goodjob:

I'll chime in here, it depends on how big you want them.
A 1000w will cover 16-20 square feet. I run two 600s in a 4×8 tent and they seem adequate. I'm probably going to put a medium sized LED in the middle at some point this winter.

Back
Top Bottom