The dangers of revegging

weedification

Here's the story to go along with the question. If you don't wanna read it, just skip to the last sentence.

Okay, so I started with 6 seeds. Out of the 6, 3 sprouted(which I will take responsibility for, cuz it's my first time). Out of the 3, I had 2 males. I can't confirm it, but I think it may have been my fault to a certain degree, assuming people are right when talking about stressing the plant so much that they turn sexes. Now, I'm down to just the one plant that I'm 99% sure is female. It has been flowering for a couple weeks. It definitely has pistils and is growing great, but I'm still afraid that past stress could have made it a hermie. So, what I want to do is reveg so that I can get the most out of my plant and light. But the problem is, if I reveg and the plant goes hermie as a result, I not only ruin the bud, but I also waste all of the added electricity of revegging. I have heard from many places that stressing a plant during flowering can cause them to hermie. And I would think that revegging would be one of the most stressful things you could do to a plant. So, the question is:

What is the risk of my plant turning hermie by revegging?? If you guys could give me a rough guess percentage, that would be great.

Here's the story to go along with the question. If you don't wanna read it, just skip to the last sentence.

Okay, so I started with 6 seeds. Out of the 6, 3 sprouted(which I will take responsibility for, cuz it's my first time). Out of the 3, I had 2 males. I can't confirm it, but I think it may have been my fault to a certain degree, assuming people are right when talking about stressing the plant so much that they turn sexes. Now, I'm down to just the one plant that I'm 99% sure is female. It has been flowering for a couple weeks. It definitely has pistils and is growing great, but I'm still afraid that past stress could have made it a hermie. So, what I want to do is reveg so that I can get the most out of my plant and light. But the problem is, if I reveg and the plant goes hermie as a result, I not only ruin the bud, but I also waste all of the added electricity of revegging. I have heard from many places that stressing a plant during flowering can cause them to hermie. And I would think that revegging would be one of the most stressful things you could do to a plant. So, the question is:

What is the risk of my plant turning hermie by revegging?? If you guys could give me a rough guess percentage, that would be great.
Flower it until the bud is ready for harvest. You can even take a few flowering clones. Once harvest time comes around pick off all the bud but leave as much veg/leaf material as possible behind. Then turn the lights to 20/4 or what ever veg cycle you use and reveg. it should be very little stress if done right. This way you still get bud, you get clones you can continue your strain with and you get a plant that reveges and produces more than one crop.

I re-veg'd a plant I had blooming in a hydro grow that turned ugly. I pulled her out of the water, roots covered in goo, and stuck her in soil. She had a VERY stressful life. As an added bonus, I burnt the crap out of her after I put her in soil. She had a very stressful life.

Now, after all the insanity, she's come up female again... no hermie action at all. As an added bonus, she has 6 huge main colas.

What I'm trying to say, is that stess doesn't guarantee a hermie. Give her a chance... she's already been good once, you just might end up with something interesting.

Cheers!

Here here!I have a reveg going on right now and even though she got a bit sick she's well on her way once again and going to be huge!

is it a good thing or just okay

My last batch had some purple in it and I didn't notice a difference in taste or quality of the buzz. It was quite the rage for a bit but IMO doesn't make it better or worse. It's nothing to worry about tho that's for sure. It looks pretty but seems to disappear after curing.

Don't worry, be happy. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom