The Deep Water Culture Home

And remember when we find someone like that our first move has to be to report. The mods have proven more than capable of handling things.

I'd prefer if we didn't get into an argument with the poster. That leads to nothing but venting by both sides and cuts into our smoking time! Peace as it should be!

Good Day Deep Water Culture! I am trying 2 plan my second bloom box grow. As some of u know I am having some height issues. The second grow will b from seed and I have two med strains to choose from:

Ice - med height 8 week development
Swiss Cheese - med height - 6 week development

since this first grow was to b a control grow following the BCNL schedules and instructions I chose the hardy Wonder Woman. What ive got is a box full of stems and broad leaf almost impossible to control but the development of the buds is slow. Cloning will help, mom comes from grow 2 so grow three wil b my first cloning experience.

from height(looking 4 shorter) and yeild (looking 4 more ...) perspectives...which would u choose?

Good Day Deep Water Culture! I am trying 2 plan my second bloom box grow. As some of u know I am having some height issues. The second grow will b from seed and I have two med strains to choose from:

since this first grow was to b a control grow following the BCNL schedules and instructions I chose the hardy Wonder Woman. What ive got is a box full of stems and broad leaf almost impossible to control but the development of the buds is slow. Cloning will help, mom comes from grow 2 so grow three wil b my first cloning experience.

from height(looking 4 shorter) and yeild (looking 4 more ...) perspectives...which would u choose?

what kind of high are you looking for ???

And remember when we find someone like that our first move has to be to report. The mods have proven more than capable of handling things.

I'd prefer if we didn't get into an argument with the poster. That leads to nothing but venting by both sides and cuts into our smoking time! Peace as it should be!

cant understand hostility in any form. 2 what end??? theres plenty of places where one can rant and b cruel on the big ole internet. why here, hu?:rollit:

Well MC I think I have to take back my statement about my air pot soil plants keeping up with the hydro. In the last 48 hrs one of my hydros has literally exploded with growth and has doubled up all of her sisters. She's even growing a little sideways and has basically LST'd herself. Weird!
I was thinking that maybe her roots are already down in the water. When I pulled the basket sure as the sun rises she has a bunch of roots down in there.
The other hydro plant and air pots plants are all identical.
These buckets are making this very fun!
I think the 420 mojo is also having it's way with my ladies. Between having the mags logos on the buckets and running the drip rings for 4 hours and 20 minutes with 4 minute and 20 second breaks is like having a direct link to the Ganja Gods. :adore:
I was thinking I would move them to flower on Friday but with these developments the bigger girl will go to bloom tommorow night and her sister will go to bloom on Friday.

[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0385.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0385.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0385.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0385.JPG"][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

The camera I used for this pic tends to fisheye a bit but you can see how she is way bigger than her sister and the weird self LST thing going on. I fried my good camera Saturday when I decided to do an impromptu cannonball into the pool. Guess what was in my pocket. :rip: Good Kodak.

Here's her roots. Crummy pic I know but you guys try to balance an exposed roots plant with one hand while shooting a pic with the other hand and having to look thru the camera lense to focus and shoot!:grinjoint:

[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/829/000_03842.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/829/000_03842.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/829/000_03842.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/829/000_03842.JPG"][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Nice shimmering blonde roots.

:peace: Everybody! R2 and I gotta go cut some Yumbolt clones

Hey mama. (Wow I still call my own mom mama! Lol) the wonderwoman is an excellent choice. Very aggressive feeder and is also a 60/40 hybrid. I harvested at 9 wks. Exactly and the smoke was mezmerizing. (Hope I spelled that right. Lol) they were about 3 1/2 feet when I finished. Check out my grow journal if you wana get a better look at her, I hope this helps! That's nirvanas wonderwoman as well. :roorrip:

Mama, Thats a tough question on the strain choice. They are both considered medium height. The Ice says about 4' max and the Swiss Cheese doesn't say anything but medium so they must be comparable. Now we they say 4' they mean outside and you won't be growing 4' plants.

Sounds to me like going with a sea of green is your answer. You plant a lot and get a little from each plant for a decent yield. Veg them about 2-3 weeks and hope to get as much as possible.

The other way is to use fewer plants and top them into bushiness to cover your grow area. Maybe you would grow them to about 10-12" after topping and bushing and send them to flower. If they vertically double or more in size you still have some room at the top to manage things.

There are shorter strains but I'm sure you grow your meds for a reason.

OK I have 36" from the top of the res 2 the glass celing. heres a photo of my 5.3 week wonder woman grow...so ... will i have a better shot controling height with the swiss cheese? whchever Strain I choose, that will b mom for a grow 3 with clones.

mama luvs u all!!:peace:

OK I have 36" from the top of the res 2 the glass celing. heres a photo of my 5.3 week wonder woman grow...so ... will i have a better shot controling height with the swiss cheese? whchever Strain I choose, that will b mom for a grow 3 with clones.

mama luvs u all!!:peace:

"blush" spaced the photos...duhhhhh
DSCN1309.JPG
DSCN13081.JPG

I call roots in the water, setting their feet. You'll always know when that happens because they take off like someone is chasing them at that exact point!

How come you are flowering so soon? Height restrictions? Tha self LST is weird but cool! Maybe the hand of the Ganja God tied it down for you!

Mama Mia those are some spicy pot plants ! Wow Mama , have you switched yet ? Lets hope those mothers don't want to grow any taller !! If you haven't switched yet is it too late to trim the tops ? I would worry that the middle and bottom won't see any light ! Do you think you can thin them a bit ? They sure can grow in there ! Nice job !

I call roots in the water, setting their feet. You'll always know when that happens because they take off like someone is chasing them at that exact point!

How come you are flowering so soon? Height restrictions? Tha self LST is weird but cool! Maybe the hand of the Ganja God tied it down for you!
Somewhat of height restriction but I do it for a more efficient plant. When I flower a WW at 8-12" w/ at least five sets of nodes she will become a 24 to 30" plant at harvest. They will also have solid bud head to toe. No puffy light bud down at the bottom plus the entire plant will be ripe at the same time.
I'm also working with 14th generation clones on this strain so I'm working with very mature plant matter. The original plant from seed was sprouted in January 2009. Yes ladies and gentlemen, this strain has been cloned from clones 14 times over with no hermies or loss of potency!
I've found that the Yumbolts also turn out better with a very short veg. These Yumbolts were sent to flower at only 6" and are now pushing 35-40". These are only second gen clones but Yumbolt is a stretcher
[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0375.JPG"][/URL]

Mama Mia those are some spicy pot plants ! Wow Mama , have you switched yet ? Lets hope those mothers don't want to grow any taller !! If you haven't switched yet is it too late to trim the tops ? I would worry that the middle and bottom won't see any light ! Do you think you can thin them a bit ? They sure can grow in there ! Nice job !

im 5.3 weeks into flower. the buds are pressing on the glass at the top of the unit. BCNL recomends bending the plants which isnt going so well as u can see. snap, crackle, pop go the stems no matter how careful...the exhaust fans suck in & eat leaves so its a daily chore to train them away from the top glass, the hot spot on the glass under the light and keep the lats from getting sucked through the fan LOL. in planning the next grow (cracking seed this weekend) i want to leave three open spaces under the light back 2 front and grow 6 not 9 plants. Ill cover those so light cant get in but i think that will give me room 2 work. really considering topping as well. depends on how the babies mature...

Hitting "Report" instead of making argumental posts in the thread also helps save on 420's resources. Less mess to clean up. :peace:

I love all the LOVE shared here! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom