The Deep Water Culture Home

hey fellow Deep Water Culture im in something of a bind. i was about to take a piss test. but for some reason they didnt. i got some clean pee from a friend. i was wondering if i could store it and how should i? thanks guys i know one of you have to know.

The best way if your going to try that i would say to keep it refridgerated then about 5 hours before the test pull out for room temp but you goin to have to store against your body to get it to body temp other wise it wont read rite and they may ask you to do it again a couple hours later so for secondary precaution i would drink tons of water and cranberry juice starting now and i mean a lot then when you piss clear you can clame its because you had to drink all that water to make you piss again since the other wasnt rite just covers your ass a lil more. Just my opinion good luck tho i hope it all works out for you.

I'd say the only problem I had with the bucket was leaving for the weekend. I had those two SD's in there and they would drink about 2/3 - 3/4 gallon a day. When I'd leave for the weekend I'd over fill the bucket so it had maybe 4 gallons in it. So if I left Friday and came back Monday, which I do a lot, it could be down to as little as 1 1/2 gallon, pretty darn low. I never had any problems, but I didn't like how low it was.

Now if you only had one plant in a bucket it would be a different story.

Yo Fry, I have one plant in a 5 gallon bucket right now. It's 3 weeks into flower and it has grown to about a 30 inch wide and 30 in tall plant. It drinks a gallon of water a day. Some days 3/4 of a gallon. So I hear you on not leaving them for more then a couple days.

thats about exactly how mine was about that same time drinking that much about that heighth and all but now shes much much bigger

This is one of my most favorite blues songs to play on the guitar, I play the Eric Clapton version:

Nobody loves ya

Once I lived the life of a millionaire,
Spent all my money, I just did not care.
Took all my friends out for a good time,
Bought bootleg whisky, champagne and wine.

Then I began to fall so low,
Lost all my good friends, I did not have nowhere to go.
I get my hands on a dollar again,
I'm gonna hang on to it till that eagle grins.

'Cause no, no, nobody knows you
When you're down and out.
In your pocket, not one penny,
And as for friends, you don't have any.

When you finally get back up on your feet again,
Everybody wants to be your old long-lost friend.
Said it's mighty strange, without a doubt,
Nobody knows you when you're down and out.

When you finally get back upon your feet again,
Everybody wants to be your good old long-lost friend.
Said it's mighty strange,
Nobody knows you,
Nobody knows you,
Nobody knows you when you're down and out.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo true. It is a sad statement on humanity. I have never ever done that to my friends who are now gone. I help people I don't even know even with my last dime.

Yeah id say if you have smaller plants you should be ok but with mine i definatley needed the other bucket and the two res changes arent to bad but like you said a lil extra work but not much.

You said it my friend specially as tall as my girl is its a pain tryin to change res since i dont have a res drainage on my buckets but oh well its worth it in the end if you ask me.

GG do the pump trick. Take your water pump and a tube and let it pump the water into a bucket. No need to leave the pump in just use it to do the water change. If you want you can leave it in and off but I suggest that you put a net bag around it. I do that in veg and it keeps the crap out of the pump.

For the new Deep Water Culture you cannot use frozen water in the res. The roots don't like it. I would read all the tutorials in my signature. I like gg and green have learned from the people here who are all great.

The suggestion for cooling the water is as follows: Put water in bottles in freezer. No need to ph cause you are just using it as ice. When you water in res gets too hot you remove around two gallons into a clean bucket. Place frozen bottle in bucket to cool water. When you get to desired temp put your bottle back in your freezer for next use. Take you old water now cooled and dump it back in your tank.

Why would I do this? You do this because it saves you water, nutes and it is already balanced or should be.

Don't forget to start on the tutorials. Good luck

Hello Deep Water Culture,

I was a big lurker of the Deep Water Culture gang before the exodus. I have never posted on the othersite until after all the crazy stuff happened.

I am so glad I found this gang again. I was and still a newbish grower of sorts. Roseman Your tutorials were the ones that got me started in Bubbles. I love all your works and I thank you very much for taking the time and energy to explain things for those of us that have no clue how to get started. If it was not for you I would still be lost....

I am in my 2nd grow with White Widow, Raspberry cough, Blackjack and Super Lemon haze. I use 8 gallon totes with 2 plants in 5 inch net pots for veg. After a few weeks they are transplanted to individual 5 gallon buckets for flowering. My room is 10x15 (10x10 flower). Using 400 mh cool tubes for veg and 1000k watters on a mover rail for flowering. I use CO2 and my temps are about 77 to 81 average. I will be posting pixs here soon as I figure out the ins and outs of this site.

For the new Deep Water Culture you cannot use frozen water in the res. The roots don't like it. I would read all the tutorials in my signature. I like gg and green have learned from the people here who are all great.

The suggestion for cooling the water is as follows: Put water in bottles in freezer. No need to ph cause you are just using it as ice. When you water in res gets too hot you remove around two gallons into a clean bucket. Place frozen bottle in bucket to cool water. When you get to desired temp put your bottle back in your freezer for next use. Take you old water now cooled and dump it back in your tank.

Why would I do this? You do this because it saves you water, nutes and it is already balanced or should be.

Don't forget to start on the tutorials. Good luck

ALien8,

A fellow caregiver told me that as the plants near the end of the flowering stage one can add crushed ice instead of regular water. he stated this fools the plant into thinking that the fall is around the corner and starts to go overdrive into bud production. I wonder if this could be true? Anyone have tried this method? I will try it on one of my plants next batch (about 4 weeks to go) and see if I notice a difference.

CG

ALien8,

A fellow caregiver told me that as the plants near the end of the flowering stage one can add crushed ice instead of regular water. he stated this fools the plant into thinking that the fall is around the corner and starts to go overdrive into bud production. I wonder if this could be true? Anyone have tried this method? I will try it on one of my plants next batch (about 4 weeks to go) and see if I notice a difference.

CG

Sounds pretty radical to me. I'd go very slowly with this one.

I suppose the last two weeks but you should have had everything under control by then and wouldn't need to do that. Only way I would do that is if there was a benefit and your friend didn't give you any.

Well he stated that the buds will fatten up really quick. But he is a soil organic grower and he uses cold water the last weeks on his plants life to fatten up the buds. He does know his stuff as he has some great medicine that I have used. He didnt say too much just enough to raise the temp up into fooling th plant thinking that the "ground" is getting colder. Worth a try and will post results of course.

Thanks for the quick and insightful replies Deep Water Culture.

ok i have a big problem one of my youngest plants broke
HNI_0030.JPG
what do i do-any help is appreciated

Back
Top Bottom