The flush

Thanks... I grew up in the country and even though we smoked daily had never heard the term until around 2000 when I worked with some potheads driving box trucks. At the time they told me it was the code used by the police for a pot bust so I was wondering where it really came from. Interesting story, bet there's a million more out there too :laughtwo:

who says that? I want documentation, you know... science. If you can't back this up with something other than opinion I am going to choose to file this in the bro-science category.
well, i just happened to stumble onto where i hear this from. And I thought this was who said it. Neil, from PerfectSunLED. Since that day, I just always never used pure clean water. But Ive seen a few others that said it to over the last bunch of years. maybe followers, IDK. all i know is, he grows monster, lol..

Flushing is unique to container growing. In that enclosed space, flushing can often times be necessary. Salt does not build up in the soil outdoors.. it just flows away. In a closed container, it has no where to go and as it builds up, it can harm the grow. YOU CAN NOT COMPARE OUTDOOR GROWING IN THE SOIL WITH CLOSED CONTAINER GARDENING.
Right.
Which is why, when someone asks me "do you flush?" the first thing that comes to mind is ... 'it depends'.
I try to do a massive watering with reduced nutes (800 ppm or so) or call-mag only once every ten days or so during the 60 day flower.
Or, more often if they start complaining of over feeding ... you know, browning tips, cupping, etc.
I don't water AT ALL the last four to six days.
Let 'em wilt a bit, then chop.

In California we are just entering into our next drought, and the motto then is "If it's brown flush it down; if it's yellow let it mellow."

Back
Top Bottom