The flush

I'm an organic farmer we live in farm country.

Farmers have gotten pretty good at soil conservation.

Use less fertilizers and more natural sources of organic matter. Fertilize when its NOT the rainy season. That's the key right there. The farmers here will fertilize fields for next spring in late late fall after the rainy season, then in EARLY spring after snow melt is done, they spread manure. Its cold enough cant even smell it.

I'm an indoor organic farmer too. I dont have any odor from decomposition of soil organic matter. Never did. We do however compost all our kitchen waste in outdoor vermi-compost bins and dont bring the compost indoors until fully composted which is usually a year or so. No odors since we dont add meat fat or dairy products to the compost bin.

We feed the crows with that animal by-products. They thank us every day right before sun up. arrrg. Take them over woodpeckers every day. lol

Gotta disagree... get a lab analysis of your buds... there will be N, P and K in there... it didn't come from the atmosphere.
So if you starve the plant for the final two weeks it will not resort to using the fertilizer it has already accumulated from the soil? This sounds wrong to me and goes against everything I have ever experienced growing.

Excess fertilizer in the plant will affect the flavor giving a nasty taste and cough. Overflushing will remove any flavor from the bud leaving you with a watered down tasting weed. Anything you put in the soil will end up in the plant. Plants are not picky eaters, that's what farmers are for. It all depends on how you grow it, that's why I said to smush some crystal and take a whiff. Do you like what you smell?
modern spectrum analyzer studies have been done, and they disprove your theory. The nutes are not in the buds... maybe in the leaves, but not in the buds. Sorry.

If you starve a plant for the last two weeks there is no way it can get everything it wants or needs to finish out completely, there just is not that much in normal fertilized soil. The difference can be seen in an organic grow where there is absolutely no way to isolate the plant from the nutrient supply... an organically grown plant gets full nutes right up to the end... and guess what? Organically grown pot is the best tasting of them all. With all that experience in growing you should realize that there is not enough nute in your soil after even a week of starvation to supply even a small plant just starting out, much less one trying to finish. Try this sometime in mid grow to see what happens. Start starving your plant for two weeks at week 3 of bloom. Let me know how it goes.

Again, the only thing that makes you cough is a fast dry and an improper cure. Excess fertilizer should not exist if you are growing correctly and if your plants aren't giving you signs of burning. You have made an assumption here that is not valid. Same with your cute term, overflushing. What the heck is that? My personal experience does not inform me that you can flush flavor out of the buds and produce watered down tasting pot. My god... I can not think of any case anywhere where this has happened... please find me journal entries that prove this to be the case. Your entire theory here is full of holes and can not be proven. My organic grows already prove that side of your argument wrong, and the lack of ever seeing watered down tasting pot seems to disprove your ideas of flushing. It made me smile that while arguing to flush, you also argued that you can overflush. Either way, you wish to prove me wrong. lol

I dont have any odor from decomposition of soil organic matter. Never did. We do however compost all our kitchen waste in outdoor vermi-compost bins and dont bring the compost indoors until fully composted which is usually a year or so.
Couple that with a cover crop for nitrogen (since it gases off over time and cannot be conserved in the amount of time it takes for complete decomposition) and you might have me hooked on trying indoor organic again. Organic is much better than chemical.
modern spectrum analyzer studies have been done, and they disprove your theory. The nutes are not in the buds... maybe in the leaves, but not in the buds. Sorry.
So buds are made completely from H, O and C? Don't sound logical to me. I think your science is off.
not enough nute in your soil after even a week of starvation to supply even a small plant just starting out
A small plant just starting out has not had a chance to accumulate nutrient from the soil and store it up in the plant tissue.
Start starving your plant for two weeks at week 3 of bloom. Let me know how it goes.
Over feed your plant right up to harvest and let me know how it tastes. I'll take bland pot over that any day.
Excess fertilizer should not exist if you are growing correctly and if your plants aren't giving you signs of burning.
Good point. Not everyone is perfect and some may require a flush at the end of their grow. This is where peeps come for help when they get to that point so "smush and sniff".
My god... I can not think of any case anywhere where this has happened
Start flushing at week 3 of bud and you will find out what I am talking about.
Your entire theory here is full of holes and can not be proven.
Do some growing girl. :rofl:

speaking for myself I have a 200 gallon water barrel that 2 drain pipes run into from the roof. The 2 gallons of run off I collect when I flush each plant goes into it.

It has a 100 foot long drip hose that extends out around a small garden in the front of the property. Total for the year I add about 8 to 10 gallons to that barrel that has 200 gallons to start.

It gets very diluted and recycled for the other plants to enjoy. I can only imagine what happens with a hydro operation with a 50 or 100 gallon reservoir that has to be dumped. Never dealt with anything hydro.

The tiny foot print I leave as a result of my growing has me sleeping like a baby. I can give a rats ass about what the 100 thousand others do because they will tell me to fuck off and mind my own business.

Also compared to the MILLIONS of Cubic Metric tons pissed into the rivers and oceans globally. But industry, mining and every other form of RAPING the plants. What recreational / home personal use growers create and contribute is minor. That is for those who use soil or a mix as their medium. I can only imagine what someone with a 75 gallon hydro reservoir does with it when they are done ?? It is probably enough to dilute and feed 2 or 3 neighbors lawns all spring and summer.

My foot print is insignificant and like I said earlier. I am going to consume my plants and if I think it is a benefit. I am going to apply it. You said it yourself you don't need Nitrogen in Flower. I run my solution at 1/2 to 2/3rd's of what the suppliers feed charts "recommends" and I have 2 plants sharing each pot. But I still see a higher number PPM dripping out. Compared to the PPM I put in, I am flushing my pots every 6 to 8 weeks at least.

I water mine till they slow drip, wait 1 hour and slowly add 2 gallons of water. It takes about 2 hours for them to stop dripping by themselves. I do this at 6/8 weeks and at the first signs of pre-flower. And I can start my flower regiment knowing I have removed any un-used VEG levels of nitrogen that may have been hanging around.

At the first signs of milky / cloudy trich's I know I have about 2 weeks left on them. I go to only water at a PH of 8.5 to force a lock out. What ever the plant has stored it will use and what ever is still in the medium will stay. At this point if your trich's are turning to amber. What F'in difference does this conversation has to do with anything pertinent ??

Now it is is time for the best curing debate to start

This is an argument that will float on like a turd, do what you think is best for you. I got things to flush .... got to go !!

Man, you dont have to flush, try it for yourself.

Like emylia said, the last two weeks are great for producing yield. You can starve your plants and watch the nutrients flowing from leaves to buds, but this is not even nearly as efficient as giving it through roots.

Like i said, try it for yourselves. Put 2 plants with flushing, and 2 without, and give them proper drying techniques.

I feed my last grow till the end (actually, the last watering just a day before harvest was only water)
And my buds smells and tastes better than any commercial weed ive ever bought.
I dried them in the fridge, low and slow.

If you having excess nutrients you obviously has to "flush", or dilute it, so you are brought to an acceptable nutrient level, but this is not for taste, this is for plant health and yield.

Man, you dont have to flush, try it for yourself.

Like emylia said, the last two weeks are great for producing yield. You can starve your plants and watch the nutrients flowing from leaves to buds, but this is not even nearly as efficient as giving it through roots.

Like i said, try it for yourselves. Put 2 plants with flushing, and 2 without, and give them proper drying techniques.

I feed my last grow till the end (actually, the last watering just a day before harvest was only water)
And my buds smells and tastes better than any commercial weed ive ever bought.
I dried them in the fridge, low and slow.

If you having excess nutrients you obviously has to "flush", or dilute it, so you are brought to an acceptable nutrient level, but this is not for taste, this is for plant health and yield.
you dry in the fridge ? never heard of that

For me it's also for taste. Overfertilized weed is nasty.

If I want a bigger yield I will grow one more plant and will flush it as I do the rest. I grew outside in dirt for 10 years and did not flush. Because every time it rained it was a flush.

Growing with soil indoors in a container is not exactly the same. You can try and re-create every aspect of what happens in soil outdoors. In an indoor environment all you want, it is not the same.

Don't flush it is your choice, it is all good but nothing you say will convince me to NOT do it with my plants. It is like the debate over the F'in virus.

I will never go and get a shot and it is along the same lines. My choice and I am consuming it. If I want the extra yield you say you achieve by feeding them up until you cut them. I will grow one more plant and it will be flushed, and please don't take offence if I don't want anything you grow.

I also welcome the virus so I can let MY BODY FLUSH ITSELF after it runs its course. I am also pretty sure I had it 8 months ago but a nose swab was negative. 3 days with a dry hard cough, chills, fever and wanted to sleep all day. The nose swab said negative. And I was not spending $100.00 ++ to get an anti-body test.

Funny is the amount of times reduced yields and or quality are mentioned because people did not flush ?? Like flushing some how lessened the plants ability to produce. But just maybe it lessened the extra nuit's that were given to make it do something it wasn't going to do. So flushing does remove somethings after all.

Peace

you dry in the fridge ? never heard of that
Yes, pretty sure i read about it in this forum hahahaha

Its called lotus cure/drying method, or low and slow.

Its about taking recently harvested (4h to 12h from harvest) buds into the crisper of the refrigerator, using paper bags, or glass jars...

Edit:
Found it, you can peak at the method here:

furcifer comments and details the method.

speaking for myself I have a 200 gallon water barrel that 2 drain pipes run into from the roof. The 2 gallons of run off I collect when I flush each plant goes into it.

It has a 100 foot long drip hose that extends out around a small garden in the front of the property. Total for the year I add about 8 to 10 gallons to that barrel that has 200 gallons to start.

It gets very diluted and recycled for the other plants to enjoy. I can only imagine what happens with a hydro operation with a 50 or 100 gallon reservoir that has to be dumped. Never dealt with anything hydro.

The tiny foot print I leave as a result of my growing has me sleeping like a baby. I can give a rats ass about what the 100 thousand others do because they will tell me to fuck off and mind my own business.

Also compared to the MILLIONS of Cubic Metric tons pissed into the rivers and oceans globally. But industry, mining and every other form of RAPING the plants. What recreational / home personal use growers create and contribute is minor. That is for those who use soil or a mix as their medium. I can only imagine what someone with a 75 gallon hydro reservoir does with it when they are done ?? It is probably enough to dilute and feed 2 or 3 neighbors lawns all spring and summer.

My foot print is insignificant and like I said earlier. I am going to consume my plants and if I think it is a benefit. I am going to apply it. You said it yourself you don't need Nitrogen in Flower. I run my solution at 1/2 to 2/3rd's of what the suppliers feed charts "recommends" and I have 2 plants sharing each pot. But I still see a higher number PPM dripping out. Compared to the PPM I put in, I am flushing my pots every 6 to 8 weeks at least.

I water mine till they slow drip, wait 1 hour and slowly add 2 gallons of water. It takes about 2 hours for them to stop dripping by themselves. I do this at 6/8 weeks and at the first signs of pre-flower. And I can start my flower regiment knowing I have removed any un-used VEG levels of nitrogen that may have been hanging around.

At the first signs of milky / cloudy trich's I know I have about 2 weeks left on them. I go to only water at a PH of 8.5 to force a lock out. What ever the plant has stored it will use and what ever is still in the medium will stay. At this point if your trich's are turning to amber. What F'in difference does this conversation has to do with anything pertinent ??

Now it is is time for the best curing debate to start

This is an argument that will float on like a turd, do what you think is best for you. I got things to flush .... got to go !!
Not giving a rats ass about the environment because its only a few people that are doing the damage. For real?

You know there's a thing called the EPA - and most states have a state version. Here in New York they cleaning up after a single company dumping waste out the back door.

Its only 1 person doing it... but they were dumping dioxin or aluminum nitrate or left over glyphosate or [Insert you chemical of choice].

NYS has 30 million residents. IF only 1% of the population dumped chemicals down the drain how long wood it take for a shortage of potable fresh drinking water? We are there now. Yes a shortage of potable drinking water. In our case its from over use of chemical fertilizers and glyphosate.

People are dying IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD. Its not something that is happening somewhere else its in OUR backyards. And yours too.

Its only a little bit... its not going to hurt... not true.

EVERYONE has to do their part. We have laws to follow. Dumping fertilizer down the drain is not following your laws. I'm not saying you @goofyfoot are doing it but there are people reading this that might.

On your vaccination - no its not your call. You've been vaccinated lots of times already it wasn't your choice. It was for the benefit of society. Its not about you.

How would you sleep at night if you infected your mother and she died from covid and the health officials figured out it was you that infected her. Its happening just like that now all around the world.

Get vaccinated if not for you for your family and friends and the benefit of society.

Its not politics its healthcare, dont confuse the 2.

On the flushing thing - yes that is your choice. All Im doing is putting out the facts and showing you you're wasting your time.

2 things I've found very difficult to get back:

Time
Health

We all can do something about both of them.

If I want a bigger yield I will grow one more plant and will flush it as I do the rest. I grew outside in dirt for 10 years and did not flush. Because every time it rained it was a flush.

That is why all the farmers hurry up and go outside and fertilize the fields after every rain.

Thats just silly and its not correct for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Not giving a rats ass about the environment because its only a few people that are doing the damage. For real?

You know there's a thing called the EPA - and most states have a state version. Here in New York they cleaning up after a single company dumping waste out the back door.

Its only 1 person doing it... but they were dumping dioxin or aluminum nitrate or left over glyphosate or [Insert you chemical of choice].

NYS has 30 million residents. IF only 1% of the population dumped chemicals down the drain how long wood it take for a shortage of potable fresh drinking water? We are there now. Yes a shortage of potable drinking water. In our case its from over use of chemical fertilizers and glyphosate.

People are dying IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD. Its not something that is happening somewhere else its in OUR backyards. And yours too.

EVERYONE has to do their part. We have laws to follow. Dumping fertilizer down the drain is not following your laws. I'm not saying you @goofyfoot are doing it but there are people reading this that might.

On your vaccination - no its not your call. You've been vaccinated lots of times already it wasn't your choice. It was for the benefit of society. Its not about you.

How would you sleep at night if you infected your mother and she died from covid and the health officials figured out it was you that infected her. Its happening just like that now all around the world.

Get vaccinated if not for you for your family and friends and the benefit of society.

On the flushing thing - yes that is your choice. All Im doing is putting out the facts and showing you you're wasting your time.

Time
Health

She is dead,

killed by a fuckin drunk driver. Talk about irresponsible.

I also grew up in Jersey, exit 16 thru 10, Cancer Alley for the first 26 years of my life. I know about toxic waste and corruption regarding it.

Your facts are an opinion to me and a waste of my time. That I can decide what I want to do with.

I was an infant and under 4 years old when I was vaccinated. With no say in the matter and now I do. Shove the the needle in your own arm, ass. Hell stick it in your plants.

Also adding an extra gallon or two of water to a pot takes little effort and about 6 minutes. Have a great day and continued successes in your crusade to be a benefit to society.

The world is a better place because of you, welcome aboard.

+Have found that using a "fish fertilizer" during flush works very well ( fish shit.com)(samples for $5.00 a bottle)
Fish Sh!t is not a fertilizer. It has no Nitrogen, Phosphorus or Potassium in it otherwise it would be listed with the NPK numbers and mentioned on the back. It has no nutrients either. It is a bunch of bacteria and micro-organisms collected from the mulm found at the bottom of the fish farm ponds or tanks.

Time
Health

Yep. It is only one person. One person here, one over there, one behind me and one in front of me. Then there is the one person on the next street and the one in front of him. The list of 'only one person causing the problem' is one long list.

Add this one person in the link below to the list of 'only one person'. This guy did not want to pay for proper storage and disposal of his Chromium waste so he dug a hole in the floor of the basement of his planting factory and used the ground to dispose of his wastes.

It has been several years now and at least 2 EPA and state clean-ups and the State Highway Department still has the shoulder and one lane of the expressway closed because the stuff still seeps to the surface, more than a 100 yards away from the original plating plant and basement pit.

I-696 green ooze came from Madison Heights factory and photos inside are shocking

On to talking about growing the herb.

But just maybe it lessened the extra nuit's that were given to make it do something it wasn't going to do. So flushing does remove somethings after all.
Water will dissolve water soluble nutrient... who would have thought.

If you overfertilize you should flush... now how do you tell if you have over fertilized?
It was for the benefit of society. Its not about you.
America lost... we are not free... Communist have infiltrated the government... thanks for you tax donation.
You should travel to Washington. Make sure to tell them about the chemical food causing the "I can't breathe" syndrome. If it wasn't Covid 19 it would be another Vietnam... that's how they justify 50% equaling freedom.
Fish Sh!t is not a fertilizer. It has no Nitrogen, Phosphorus or Potassium
Everything has NP and K in it in actuality... unless it has been refined.

Everything has NP and K in it in actuality... unless it has been refined.
Not enough in Fish Sh!t to get any NPK numbers on the label. I have some items that will read a .25 nitrogen amount. I do not think that a plant in coco or in a hydro grow will survive on extremely small amounts of the NPK in the Fish Sh!t.

I am not knocking the stuff. I was able to get several sample bottles for local shops and it did not harm any of my plants. If people want to use it as a way to introduce the bacteria and micro-organisms it will help. I do not consider it fertilizer and beginning growers should know that its real purpose is to get the various bacteria into the soil. Then if they want to fertilize with a fish fertilizer they can choose from several brands which should really help their plants until it is time for the flowering stage.

Back
Top Bottom