The Hash Club

The strain line that I have the easiest access to is Leb. hybrid (I'd rather grow something closer to the landrace, but that's what is easiest for me to get). Supposedly has some CBD rich phenos with CBD/THC ratios of 1/2, which sounds pretty attractive to me for both flower and hash.

420-magazine-mobile94348422.jpg

Took 28g of the above...
420-magazine-mobile1255926438.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2136094675.jpg

Put it in the press..
420-magazine-mobile2112793346.jpg

This happened
420-magazine-mobile1804104310.jpg

Then this..
420-magazine-mobile469928458.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1948903108.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1247145147.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1314763919.jpg

So you're making straight hash oil, aren't you. Looks pretty sticky and dark :laugh: :smokin:

Humidipacks are good for flowers, useless at best with hash/kief.

Kief (hash in powder form) curing needs a lot of fresh dry air around the material because unlike the hardest of nugs the surface area is quite low compared.

Hash (even cold pressed) will develop a crust/skin quite quickly, which isn't very permeable and the surface area is basically just the actual visible surface area and very little air flowing through the materiel.
Curing in this form takes a long time and regurlarly ''massaging'' the hash will help the process speed up, but it shouldn't dry out then it won't mix properly next time massage is applied.

Kept in an air tight container at cool temperature and out of light hash can be stored many years and stay fresh.
Vacuumpacked and in the freezer I guess it'll stay fresh forever ;)

The best way to cure hash is first +3 months on the flowers, then +3 months as kief, then press and smoke, this is of course is only possible with dry sift.

@Skunkworkz Nice show:allgood: but what's with using a cigarette as method of delivery for that sweet ass rosin? that's like mixing Grand Cru wine with diesel :laugh:

In your opinion, which rosin would taste better? Pressed cured bud + some popcorn versus dry ice sieved & pressed?

In K's book he pointed out (rightly I believe) that cold water filtering can wash away some water soluble terpenes in hash making. Dry sieving doesn't & I assume dry ice wouldn't either.

Ian

Thanks for the info. I have just started some Bombs & I want some of that for hash & rosin.

Ian

This is jelly hash, with a twist.
Normally, "jelly" hash (as pioneered in Amsterdam as a rather grey area (pun intended) way to sell (illegal hashish) oil, without selling oil *wink wink* ) is made by combining bubble hash & typically, BHO.
The better grades go for up to $90/gram in coffee shops. And it's srsly POTENT gear.
This however, is just a hat tip to that process, as I folded back into the hashish, rosin we'd pressed earlier (as seen above) from a batch of the very same hashish.
Jelly hash, with a twist. It literally sweats rosin.

420-magazine-mobile1829379159.jpg

420-magazine-mobile847266141.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1451535518.jpg

This is jelly hash, with a twist.
Normally, "jelly" hash (as pioneered in Amsterdam as a rather grey area (pun intended) way to sell (illegal hashish) oil, without selling oil *wink wink* ) is made by combining bubble hash & typically, BHO.
The better grades go for up to $90/gram in coffee shops. And it's srsly POTENT gear.
This however, is just a hat tip to that process, as I folded back into the hashish, rosin we'd pressed earlier (as seen above) from a batch of the very same hashish.
Jelly hash, with a twist. It literally sweats rosin.

420-magazine-mobile1829379159.jpg

420-magazine-mobile847266141.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1451535518.jpg
Please - tell me an easy way o press dry ice keif !!!!! other than using an expensive press

I'll be more specific. Our press runs on compressed air, has microprocessor controlled heating elements, and cost about $2K. And it's not available via Walmart.
Btw, Walmart's 3rd party affiliate sales may not be a great outlet for growing/processing equipment unless you like Chinese knock-off hardware. Just sayin'..
There's a video I seen of ppl testing out that Wal-Mart press. Unimpressive to say the least.

I'll be more specific. Our press runs on compressed air, has microprocessor controlled heating elements, and cost about $2K. And it's not available via Walmart.
Btw, Walmart's 3rd party affiliate sales may not be a great outlet for growing/processing equipment unless you like Chinese knock-off hardware. Just sayin'..

how right you are ! thanks for he information sounds like heat and press is the way ?:thumb:

To go with my Lebanese strain, I picked up an early finishing Amnesia Hashplant. Can't wait until the spring!

Back
Top Bottom