The Hash Club

So the hash you guys have got pictured. I get the hand scraped method, I get the drysift method and I get the bubble hash method...... none of those seem to have created that beautiful brown or blonde you guys are talking about. At what is the method used to create that? Or is it the same method, just more pressure on the raw plant material?

3 things are of prime importance: Mature weed (+10% amber trichs at least), mesh size, curing the ganja and/or kief before shaking and/or pressing ;) To make really good homemade dry sift hash the process takes about a year from seed to final product, but some quick shake from 2 week old trim is still hella nice ;)
Trim/flowers should be cut up, but not too fine! And frozen for at least an hour but go for a day, makes skaing easier.

3 things are of prime importance: Mature weed (+10% amber trichs at least), mesh size, curing the ganja and/or kief before shaking and/or pressing ;) To make really good homemade dry sift hash the process takes about a year from seed to final product, but some quick shake from 2 week old trim is still hella nice ;)
Trim/flowers should be cut up, but not too fine! And frozen for at least an hour but go for a day, makes skaing easier.
Cool, cool..... I get the variations on how you would Harvest your material, but how do you turn your raw Keef that has been cured correctly into a brick of awesome looking hash?

Cool, cool..... I get the variations on how you would Harvest your material, but how do you turn your raw Keef that has been cured correctly into a brick of awesome looking hash?

All the pics I have on this thread are of import hash ;)

But when I shake I can just roll/press it with my hands, I had one go with some crap weed orange bud I grew that would'nt stick but everything else I shaked (bud/trim) could just be hand pressed, I guess this way you get a little heat, a little moisture and some pressure going ;) I just use a little hand shaker, which is why I have trim from like 7 grows in my freezer now, it works but it's a bit too labour extensive for my taste :laughtwo:

All the pics I have on this thread are of import hash ;)

But when I shake I can just roll/press it with my hands, I had one go with some crap weed orange bud I grew that would'nt stick but everything else I shaked (bud/trim) could just be hand pressed, I guess this way you get a little heat, a little moisture and some pressure going ;) I just use a little hand shaker, which is why I have trim from like 7 grows in my freezer now, it works but it's a bit too labour extensive for my taste :laughtwo:
Hmmmm......so in dry sift it's as simple as collecting your kief and then just starting rolling it in your hands until the crystals stick together? What about the bubble bag method? Are the YouTube video guys just allowing the water to evaporate leaving the hash concentrate (he did say we leave it for 3-4days) At which point would you roll it just the same to get the consistency and color that we are discussing?

Yep, or get a press ;)

Don't know much about water hash but you don't want any water in the final product that's for sure, with ice/water you get more trichs from the plant and usually a darker hash than you do with dry sift.

And 1/2 way between dry sift & ice water sift is dry ice sift. That is the one that interests me.

Ian

And 1/2 way between dry sift & ice water sift is dry ice sift. That is the one that interests me.

Ian
I have the bags for the ice o lator, never used them yet but him dying to. It's dry ice.... Just trying to get my head around the process. Pretty awesome to know I can relive my youth with product I've made.....cant wait!

Yep, or get a press ;)

Don't know much about water hash but you don't want any water in the final product that's for sure, with ice/water you get more trichs from the plant and usually a darker hash than you do with dry sift.
Thanks a tonne PGR.. .super helpful. Do you use a press or prefer hand pressed? My brother has a small pollen press....not the same...correct?

Thanks a tonne PGR.. .super helpful. Do you use a press or prefer hand pressed? My brother has a small pollen press....not the same...correct?

A press is easier, a pollen press is fine for small batches and keep in mind that the rule of thumb is that 10g flower makes 1g of hash, so it takes a big turn around before you need somethingg that can press 100g discs ;)

If you press it together with your hand as you've said, put it in some greeseproof paper then pop it into your sock. Not too thick so that it's uncomfortable. Walk around for an hour or two doing your business. Does a really good job, seemingly .

Ok.....so that takes the cake as the weirdest I've heard lol. Makes sense though, other than the sawdust in my workbooks lol.

Also reminds me of a Funny Story..... My ex-wife never got along really well with my father so in turn my father took a penny and put it in the bottom of her dress shoes knowing full well that she was going to wear them to work. At the end of her eight-hour shift, she had this massive blister on the bottom of her foot..... And couldn't figure out why until she found a penny, needless to say it didn't bolster her opinion of my father as she knew exactly where it had come from. My father God bless him still a child to this day LMAO.

cream2d.jpg

I just posted a review on this Afghani Cream hash in the Strain Reviews forum.

Ian

I'm no hash connoisseur, but I love hash more than anything and would love to become one!

The hash in this picture looks so good to me - the texture, OMG! Heading over to read the review now. Thanks for posting. The image dances around in my head all day, keeping me happy . thinking about being able to make my own hash again soon.

Yes, it is that good. To get there though, you have to dedicate a crop to hash, not just popcorn & trim.

Ian

Yes, it is that good. To get there though, you have to dedicate a crop to hash, not just popcorn & trim.

Ian
If you were going to do just that Ian, and you had the choice of any strain what would you choose to make the best hash?

Same question to you too ...

And by crop......how much, a plant or ?

Yeah, I would stay Afghani. Any of the big THC kush cultivars. Blackberry, hash, pink, OG etc. I will try some Bomb hash if the stars align & I get a good yield from my grow. They are both Afghani +.

I have a gram of LA Confidential hash here that works well (if rather short) but it has a funky taste & smell that I am not fond of. But, I don't know how it was made.

Ian

Bubblebags +
420-magazine-mobile610969230.jpg

= Winning
Skunk we were talking about the Bubble Bags and ice earlier this week, I had seen the winners of the spannabis cup use it. Great machine but I wondered about the final product, it looked like a frothy mess LMAO. Ultimately what do you do, just allow the moisture to evaporate leaving you with a final product? They never elaborated on that on the YouTube video LOL.

Back
Top Bottom