The Micro Space

@Carmen Ray
I have a couple of journals in my signature that go into some more detail but most of the info is in the two bookmarks listed.

Tight internodal spacing is here

Mel & Tra: Cocktails & Coffee With Black Sugar

Skirted CST is in my signature. Read the post and the next dozen for clarification.

Let me know if you have questions.
@Carmen Ray

Carmen, just to follow up on the info above. By using CST you do not need supports or anchors. The weights are suspended as seen below. Each branch in the photo has two ounces (30 grams) of weight. The weights can be removed once the buds grow enough to cause the branch dip, although I have not seen this happen. No support is required to keep the bud from flopping over.
OD23 D28-2.JPG

This low profile allows for multiple colas in a height restricted space. This 28 day old plant is still only seven inches tall.

OD23 D28-3.JPG

:Namaste:

@Carmen Ray

Carmen, just to follow up on the info above. By using CST you do not need supports or anchors. The weights are suspended as seen below. Each branch in the photo has two ounces (30 grams) of weight. The weights can be removed once the buds grow enough to cause the branch dip, although I have not seen this happen. No support is required to keep the bud from flopping over.
OD23 D28-2.JPG

This low profile allows for multiple colas in a height restricted space. This 28 day old plant is still only seven inches tall.

OD23 D28-3.JPG

Thank you Hafta. Those are fishing weights you've got there right? What do you use to suspend them from the branches? I've read your Skirted CST thread. It sounds like you really have to know what you're doing.

Thank you Hafta. Those are fishing weights you've got there right? What do you use to suspend them from the branches? I've read your Skirted CST thread. It sounds like you really have to know what you're doing.
I bent open paperclips, cut them in half and slid 10 gram fishing weights on them. Some have one, two, or three weights.
It's really not that difficult. Just hook the clip near the end of the branch until the branch is level. As the branch grows and turns back towards the light you simply move it/them towards the end of the branch until you want it to grow vertically. Then you leave it where it is. When the bud gets larger you can move it/them back towards the stalk or remove it altogether.

@Carmen Ray

OD23 D28-2.JPG

OD23 D28-3.JPG

Outstanding. Quite innovative.

MGM

I bent open paperclips, cut them in half and slid 10 gram fishing weights on them. Some have one, two, or three weights.
It's really not that difficult. Just hook the clip near the end of the branch until the branch is level. As the branch grows and turns back towards the light you simply move it/them towards the end of the branch until you want it to grow vertically. Then you leave it where it is. When the bud gets larger you can move it/them back towards the stalk or remove it altogether.
@Carmen Ray

Here is a photo of what I use. Many times it requires more than one on a branch.
CST weights.JPG

@Carmen Ray

Here is a photo of what I use. Many times it requires more than one on a branch.
CST weights.JPG
I love it. And when you're done, you can go fishing for walleye with that rig!
:passitleft:

MGM

I love it. And when you're done, you can go fishing for walleye with that rig!

MGM
The nearest lake with walleye is four hours and five thousand foot in elevation gain. I mostly fish streams for trout. Still four thousand foot gain but only about ninety minutes away.

The nearest lake with walleye is four hours and five thousand foot in elevation gain. I mostly fish streams for trout. Still four thousand foot gain but only about ninety minutes away.
I'd rather go Trout Fishing in America than walleye fishing anywhere.

I went walleye fishing once. It was a very good day. It was kind of brainless, but we caught a lot of fish. And the rigs looked a lot like what you have on your plants.

I learned to trout fish, including how to fly fish, on a cancer support retreat hosted by Reel Recovery. It was great. It was out on private property where we medical cannabis patients could light up. And we did.

MGM

Back
Top Bottom