The Micro Space

I'm familiar with the method, I didn't think you could do it with autos?

i've cage grown autos the same way. it's just a single topping at the correct time. the cage will do the rest of the work, you simply do a little defol to help.

quadding or mainlining an auto is far trickier, as they can trigger on the added stress. it has been done though, usually by experienced auto growers that have worked out other issues.

edit : you'll notice @Carmen Ray 's plants are a tabletop auto grow.

search quadlining or quadline on the board. there's a dedicated thread. other training styles are similar.

i sometimes cage mine in tomato cages for a good lazy method.

can see the cages here :

full

those are all in just a little over a gallon - 5L.
@Azimuth has a good thread on it. CL🍀

i've cage grown autos the same way. it's just a single topping at the correct time. the cage will do the rest of the work, you simply do a little defol to help.

quadding or mainlining an auto is far trickier, as they can trigger on the added stress. it has been done though, usually by experienced auto growers that have worked out other issues.

edit : you'll notice @Carmen Ray 's plants are a tabletop auto grow.

Very interesting, Bluter. That sounds like something I'd like to try, but I do prefer the low-stess route of growing autos. I worry about stunting them so if I can minimise the me-factor, it's a good thing for all haha

here we are

I've been assured by Shed that he is not the man to ask about autos haha, so I'll also pop along and borrow some ideas from Carcass, too!
Yeah, he's modest lol. He may not have grown the biggest auto on the site yet, but his grow will deffo be one to watch as he embarks on his efforts to delay flower and veg them into bigger plants. LKABudMan is hitting them out of the park atm.
I have experience with training plants, just not autos. The most I've done with autos is basic LST to control an over-crowded tent.
As long as you become familiar with the growth stages, a lot can be accomplished in training auto plants generally, I have found. They can take a lot more than people give them credit for. I grow mine under 24/7 light to compensate for daily power outages, and they are getting between 20 to 24 hours / day of light.

You always get the pygmy auto that is never going to get big, and that can often be genetics, but a good start in life will promote a healthy veg. Mistakes such as overwatering can stunt a plant like this one. I had to bend it in half to expose tiny branches to the light, then snip off fans when it was big enough to survive without them. Now it is looking like something and shows promise.

I think(hope?) I have a plan for shaping them, but seeing how others do it with success is invaluable. This website and its users are a godsend
This website is fabulous.

search quadlining or quadline on the board. there's a dedicated thread. other training styles are similar.

i sometimes cage mine in tomato cages for a good lazy method.

can see the cages here :

full

those are all in just a little over a gallon - 5L.
Nothing wrong with tomato cages. I use perennial flower supports to keep my plants in line.

MGM

Nothing wrong with tomato cages.

the cages can be a pain at harvest. it's not possible to chop and hang the plant whole. a few branches will always have to be clipped and hung separate. some folk don't like that.

Facinating thread Micro. expand the knowledge for sure
Regards
Thank you, @improvise

I thought I saw an opportunity for a space like this, and a lot of interesting growers have proven that there is.

I'm particularly struck by the passions of those who must trim and train to bring in a successful grow in smaller spaces.

It's truly fun and educational reading.

I hope to bring more sponsors into the thread so they can better understand the passions we bring to our grows, and the challenges we face with today's legal, social and spatial constraints. It's an opportunity for them to provide products that help address those issues.

I do believe this is one of the most important emerging market segments in the cannabis growing arena.

MGM

the cages can be a pain at harvest. it's not possible to chop and hang the plant whole. a few branches will always have to be clipped and hung separate. some folk don't like that.
I can see that. Recently, with the increased power and penetration of modern LED lights for small spaces I've migrated to growing more colas and hang and trim each one separately.

I can see where those who are hanging whole plants would have problems with cages. That is important to know.

MGM

I'm familiar with the method, I didn't think you could do it with autos?

Those plants are gorgeous, BTW
My growing method is quite a bit different than most but I'll toss in my two cents worth.
My training method is the same with either photoperiods or autos. Timing is critical though.
I top at the third or fourth node and weight train the branches until they fill the space or begin to flower (auto). The trellis isn't installed until three weeks into flower and is only used for vertical separation of colas.
I also have six light fixtures of varying intensities.

I grow one plant at a time.

The first picture is of a Jack Herer auto at day 40

J22D40F19-2.JPG

The one below is of a Panama photoperiod at day 67

F23D67-2-1.JPG

They both fill the 2' x 3' space with roughly the same number of colas. The average yield (either photo or auto) is 300 grams cured and jarred.

My growing method is quite a bit different than most but I'll toss in my two cents worth.
My training method is the same with either photoperiods or autos. Timing is critical though.
I top at the third or fourth node and weight train the branches until they fill the space or begin to flower (auto). The trellis isn't installed until three weeks into flower and is only used for vertical separation of colas.
I also have six light fixtures of varying intensities.

I grow one plant at a time.

The first picture is of a Jack Herer auto at day 40

J22D40F19-2.JPG

The one below is of a Panama photoperiod at day 67

F23D67-2-1.JPG

They both fill the 2' x 3' space with roughly the same number of colas. The average yield (either photo or auto) is 300 grams cured and jarred.
Where do you journal your micro grows? This is astounding to hear. I'd like to see how you get it done.

Where do you journal your micro grows? This is astounding to hear. I'd like to see how you get it done.
@Carmen Ray
I have a couple of journals in my signature that go into some more detail but most of the info is in the two bookmarks listed.

Tight internodal spacing is here

Mel & Tra: Cocktails & Coffee With Black Sugar

Skirted CST is in my signature. Read the post and the next dozen for clarification.

Let me know if you have questions.

Back
Top Bottom