The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

New here and to growing. Outdoor primarily, but I grow some tent product in Winter. Don't care for the indoor process and outdoor here is quite a challenge. What I'm looking for is the best strains for my environment. I'm at about 34 degrees Lat (southern calif) and about 4000 '.

Grew Bull Ryder, Tangerine Dream and Acapulco Gold this year. Harvested my AG (mother plant born in Feb) trasnplanted to 3x3x3 hole June 1 after continuous 18/6 indoors. It grew from 3 feet to 3 1/2 feet and bud sites stretched another inch after entering flower. A close friend and I share clones. He lives in a cool arid climate. He got better veg growth but still had the same small airy buds as I had.

I think you know the breeder. I looked and looked for good genetic info on AG and understood it's not the strain of fame from the 60's but It was (last year) sold as a good fascimile with Oaxacan and other (unknown or undisclosed) genetics. Now they are saying 'Guatamalan' which is NOT dry Oaxaca. Pisses me off. The genetics of breeders has gotten murky and careless. Now I'm looking at just landrace seeds which haven't been screwed with. I know Pak/Kush/Afghani/Moroccan suits my climate but I would like a sativa as well. Does anyone know if Point of No Return is a reliable seed from Mandala and will be happy in my backyard?

I could tell you what landrace sativas I've grown, but my climate is the opposite of SoCal. It's humid and rainy, so here indicas are a challenge. My buddy actually grew Super Silver Haze this year, and he's in SoCal. Maybe you could try this one. Otherwise I'd try Colombian Gold '72. It's on my wishlist, and is supposed to be genuine.

hi guys...
I made the final chages to my growbox and attached a pretty good exhaust ventilation system...
Now i need some advice...
I think ive put my plants in small pots.... i have 3 autos and 1 sensi skunk...growing under a 600 watt hps...
I THINK im solving the problem with the yellowing tips...
So...
1st question:Do i have to change pot to something bigger....i mean it should affect the yield but would it ruin everything....im not hoping to get some crazy shit..
2nd question:i tried to lst one of them...and now i have a 20 cm plant height growing 6 tops...i think it slowed down but its getting bushy as hel l and today i thought to crop some of the leaves to let more tops get light...
Am i doing good///??

Any advice///??

You are doing good :thumb: Put them in bigger pots. As big as you can manage.

Photos? Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

hi guys...
I made the final chages to my growbox and attached a pretty good exhaust ventilation system...
Now i need some advice...
I think ive put my plants in small pots.... i have 3 autos and 1 sensi skunk...growing under a 600 watt hps...
I THINK im solving the problem with the yellowing tips...
So...
1st question:Do i have to change pot to something bigger....i mean it should affect the yield but would it ruin everything....im not hoping to get some crazy shit..
2nd question:i tried to lst one of them...and now i have a 20 cm plant height growing 6 tops...i think it slowed down but its getting bushy as hel l and today i thought to crop some of the leaves to let more tops get light...
Am i doing good///??

Any advice///??

Hi everyone...
Im pretty much dissapointed with my critical auto+ grows...
I have 3 of them...and all of them show signs of deficiencies... while they are growing with a sensi skunk and the skunk is healthy as fack... while they all grow in the same soil....same nutrients...same water same light and same room....
Next time i will just grow only sensi....im pretty dissapointed...

Hi all.
I am currently running coco DTW on dripper.
Was wondering if you guys run a return line back into your res or do you put a stopper at the end of the line ?

Hi Ya'll I Just thought it appropriate to be Here asking the OLD SCHOOLERS As Am I to be sure. Thanx to My Father (God Rest His Soul)
Being Brought Up The Same. Anyhooow, I was hoping to maybe get in contact with some Over 50 Growers in regards to my
Purple Ryder #2 Feminized Autoflower from: The Joint Doctor from the UK Eh! LOL. 2 of the 3 seeds I Purchased from a Booth
@ The Lift Cannabis Expo In Toronto Ontario Canada This Past July 2016 Are NO DOUBT SATIVA DOMINANT in my opinion that is.
Hence My Frustration @ Knowing EXACTLY When They'll Need to Be Harvested? I Will keep an eye on the Trichomes to Turn Milky & Such.
It's just a real Pee Off when this shight happens. If Anyone Here Can Help I'll Be Very Grateful.

Sincerely: Don D.
IMG_74239.JPG
IMG_75864.JPG
IMG_74945.JPG
IMG_73788.JPG
IMG_70536.JPG
IMG_70497.JPG
IMG_85434.JPG
IMG_70276.JPG
IMG_20161104_231746604.jpg
IMG_85275.JPG
IMG_82966.JPG
IMG_82663.JPG

Hi Guys, Could you guys take a quick minute and give me a hand?

I'm trying to diagnose this condition.

Plant:
Jack Herer, 1 meter (3 feet) high

Growing Conditions:
Outdoor
3 gallon soil pots
Carribean Island (generally overwatered by natural rain)
good soil w/ natural nutrient mix , mixed in, and add NPK mix weekly

It seems like the new growth is coming out yellow and the leaves a little deformed... like a different texture than most leaves,
most of the leaves end up being green but a different pattern of green. Other than that the plant looks very healthy.
It actually grew to 1 meter (3 feet) in 2 months.. that's quick!

I have several strains in my garden.. Amnesia Haze, AK-47, etc..
This is only happening to my Jack Herer. None of my other strains have this issue.
I have 2 Jack Herers, both have this isssue, 1 is growing way faster than the other (3 feet in 2 months vs the other is 2 feet in 2 months), the faster growing one is showing this issue more.

thanks!
IMG_85556.JPG

Looks like a genetic mutation related to either slow root development or too big nutrient needs. I'd pop more seeds and try to find a better pheno.

Looks like a genetic mutation related to either slow root development or too big nutrient needs. I'd pop more seeds and try to find a better pheno.

well thanks for the quick reply, i don't think it's a genetic mutation b/c again.. it's mainly on the newer leaves..and as I stated, i planted 2 jack herers, it has affected both... the seeds are from 420 which is one of the top 5 online seed distributors.. i've had plenty of success with their seeds...

Even during the warm days of a Canadian winter I can find a few lady bugs to bring in for a warm vacation. They sure lick up any insect eggs around the tent.

If you have a problem getting leaves to decompose

Leaves stack tightly which can keep the oxygen out and slows decomposition. I dig a shallow trench in the garden, pour in my leaves and toss soil over the lot. If there is any moisture in the soil they break down over winter. Turn them over early in spring to give them more air which permits composting (rotting).

Composting requires us to do the opposite of a farmer storing hay for winter. He stacks it up nice and tight when it is well dried. He keeps rain and snow from migrating into the stack. The hay can be kept dry for years without composting.

Give it moisture and oxygen, it will rot. Bring compost up to 140 F to cook the weed seeds and bugs before using it to grow. Add perlite, vermiculite or whatever you have to loosen the compost, hold moisture and let air in.
Happy gardening.:volcano-smiley:

I've read and enjoyed this sight and am hoping for some good advice. I have a shed I built for growing and recently added a greenhouse, I keep having a problem with mold as soon as they develop some good buds. I live in a beach town in so caif so it is humid. I have the best success with hempy buckets due to my downfall of loving them to death. Overwatering is what I mean by that. Just saw my latest has acquired it also. I use ro water that been nice and oxygenated then add silica, calmag, rapidstart, sm90, and depending on the day maybe some humic acid And or something like turpinator . I'm using the botanicare for my girls in veg and been trying emerald harvest for flowering plants. It's cold at night here now but running a space heater is spendy. When the sun go's down they're put back in the shed under a 1000 watt halide. Lights go out at midnight and come back on at 6. When I wake up they're pulled out and put in greenhouse to help with electricity but they actually respond better in there then to the 1000w mh or hps. I enjoy growing but am reluctant to ask for help so I mostly just read these things but my ears are always open to good advice. Obviously my clones would root faster with a heating pad which I don't have so is there an alternative? And mold! I way spraying as a preventive measure but I found mold on my latest lastnight, what would you suggest? Appreciate all help and advice,
ca95bb3922133fc5cb651cba747bcfb3.jpg
here a picture of the nl auto I found the latest mold on

Sent from my iPhone using 420

If you overwater then you invite mold, but many factirs are at play here. Do you grow mold resistant genetics? Do you have fans in your shed/greenhouse? How big are RH swings between night and day? Do you keep temps constant?

You can stop yourself overwatering, walk away they're weeds and will do as they please. As for the humidity you need a dehumidifier and keep them in the shed unless the day is ok for them to play out. You need to give them the environment they need and Conradino's advice is spot on regarding genetics if you must grow outside, but if you have a shed you have a sustainable, containable environment. Use that extra space for something else or some solar panels etc ;)

Back
Top Bottom