The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Hey guys hope every1 is finding there growing going great and green lol holy cow tht was a lot of g's tryn say tht ten time fast haha but ok I was wondering if any1 has been using cob led lights n how gud do they work if sum1 cud pm me n let me know about them if any1 here has any info I wud greatly appreciate it:thanks: and :Namaste:

Well hell. I was sad when the dinosaurs died so I guess I qualify by age if not by wisdom to contribute to the Mountain.

I'm on my first grows, (not counting the volunteers that I tended outside the window from culling seeds out of the weed back in the day), so I'll just pop a squat here and learn if you guys don't mind. Farm out.

Hey rifleman! Yep we have been in since March of last year. We are still working on it but it has been the best experience of my life. Fantastic mountain location. Deadend road behind 2 private locked gates. Remote but fairly close to town. Surrounded by the DBNF. We even have a mountain lion!! Now the bad we were sitting at a traffic light and got tboned. Mrs. Holler was injured and that put us behind. We are racing now to get our greenhouse done...but I did get my room completed.(gotta set your priorities) . Internet service has been a challenge. I have been missing all of the folks on The Mountain! But I will figure that out too...I always do with Gods help. Against all odds we drilled a successful well and hit a cave full of water...and its not sulphur...miracles of all miracles!! So we are blessed and loving life. I hope to be back on soon. Last but not least I have been worried about Conradino and his country men and women. So many natural disasters. He and his family have been in our prayers! Thanks for remembering me my friend. Best of luck in all you grow!

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey uptheholler, glad to see you're ok. My family's fine basically, we live very far from the earthquake epicenter.

Grateful anyway!

Hey folks! Because I am always looking for alternative, low cost environmentally responsible fertilizer options for my crops, I purchased 200 lbs or Perdue Agri chicken litter based organic fertilizer. Of course we all know Perdue chicken. Often times large agri businesses get a bad rap in both the husbandry of their animals and the handling of their animal waste. I support Perdue in their efforts in both of these concerns. The product is their Micro60 organic pasteurized chicken litter. It is in a pellitized form mixed with a more finely ground form. This makes for a time released product. Analysis is 3-2-3 but I am informed that quality control at Perdue says that really tests at 4-2-4. I mixed my normal Promix formulation. This is the Promix with micorhiza and organic fungicide. Starting last year since we moved to a new location I had none of my own compost. Luckily I found Charlies Compost here in Ky. Top notch product which resulted in all of my veg plants having massive frames. My girls..even the shorter ones had trucks 1.5 to 2 inches plus in diameter. This was outside with very minimal care. The Perdue product is less than 13 bucks for a 50 lb bag making it by far one of the least expensive organic fertilizer options. I will keep you informed with my results. As always I try to pass on low cost sustainable, responsible options to help us all grow the highest quality weed possible. Best of luck in all you grow

Wow! The Over 50 club. Awesome. I turn 60 this year, but I guess I still 'qualify'... LOL! I've been growing almost 5 years now, so OK, yea I got started a bit late in life, but hey - better late than never, right?

Amy the young WhipperSnapper. Hey, I had my first Cannabis experience at 68. Now growing, decarbing, solubilizing, distilling and . . .enjoying as I hope you do.
Happy growing,
:volcano-smiley:

hawtway, I like that! 'Young Whippersnapper'.. now that is a phrase I haven't heard for decades. With society in the hands of the youngsters now, and us 'old farts' no longer in the spotlight (with the exception of President Trump), it's good to be here amongst others who are from my generation and relate.
Peace, good grows, and most def happy toking!

Amy never too late. Im 60 and been a produce and weed grower since the 70s. There is an over 50 thread they are some of the finest folks you will ever meet. The Mountain was a spin off thread for us old farts to help out whipper snapper growers with any grow or life issues they might have. Feel free to come here with grow questions or to answer questions for other folks. Love your enthusiasm. Best of luck in all you grow

Okay Amy, rub it in. You got a Trump who certainly trumps our idiot Trudeau. Wanna trade? And another thang. . .watch out for that old "Up the holler guy" he's just after your hot. . .
Happy growing,

Okay Amy, rub it in. You got a Trump who certainly trumps our idiot Trudeau. Wanna trade? And another thang. . .watch out for that old "Up the holler guy" he's just after your hot. . .
Happy growing,
Heheeeeee I will share freely once "Ms Amy M" is complete. I'm looking at a year... No charge. Only postage..

Sent from my LG-H740 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ms Amy M will be hot sexy and loaded with crystal... I FEEL it!

Sent from my LG-H740 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

7 days after applying Micro60 Perdue Agra Organic Chicken litter based fertilizer. I am in awe. This says alot from an old farmer like me. In a week I have seen almost hydroponic like growth in soil. I used it on small young seedlings very sparingly and the results so far have been outstanding. To the moderators...please dont pull down this post. I dont sell this product. I dont represent Perdue Agra in any way I just love to help like minded folks grow quality weed at as low an input cost as possible. At less than 13 bucks a 40lb bag this stuff fits the bill. Only down side is the smell which is not necessarily unpleasant but noticible. It goes away if you incorporate it in the top few inches of the soil and water.Best of luck in all you grow!

Heres a photo from the corn test plot trials that led to me finding this product. I dont know any one else that using this product on our favorite crop but that is sure to change quickly. The taller darker corn is with micro60 the shorter used normal commercial ferts

420-magazine-mobile1202626354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom