The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

think i may have answered my own question thanks to Richard , wont know for sure until next week (my 800 watt light arrives this week )
semi-convinced its inadequate lighting and that the florescent bulbs im using now arent putting out enough usable lights causing the spurt in height . thanks guys ill let you know if i fix the problem

This is for whoever posted #140 and post # 141
Well depending on the type of light used if it has more blue spectrum in it if using led or a metal halid tht will reduce stretching compared to more red like a hps or a redder spectrum in ur leds usually leds have a veg and bloom switch jus make sure both r on cuz red will help to make alil more stretch like me i use my red 1200w cob (circuits on board) light for my veg tent and my autos n its been amazing for veg stretch but i run mostly indica so they dnt stretch much during flower so i wana make em as big as i can in veg to get better yields but yea cud be a male or ur lights as 2 not being sure what ur working with i can only offer my 2 sense for what its worth lol hope this helps in sum kind of way n gud luck bro with ur grow op feel free 2 swing by my journals and look around always like 2 see new faces gud 2 have more people in ur journal bounce ideas off of n jus to shoot the shit lol but yea man gud luck

1495759829622-1378772361.jpg
20170525_185434.jpg

actual grow light now in use , seems to have solved the issue

Hi everybody! Im new to this forum and just got the ability to post and just wanted to introduce myself. Ive been growing for just about a year for my pain patient husband. Learning so much! making too many mistakes- most recently started not enough bag seeds and then when they showed sex- Damn! lost more than half my crop to those pesky boys! have an outdoor grow started that is looking pretty good. Hoping to learn from my mistakes, hope to try producing my own fem seeds, already have the home brewed colloidal silver! we are not so well off so buying seeds is a big problem. the forum thread with the how to do your own fem seeds was brilliant! so much good info on here! looking forward to starting a journal with pix! Im glad to have found you 420Mag FarmerDish

Howdy, Mountain!
Trying to get all my stuff in one bag and hopefully not leave it behind once gathered. It's happened before!
I AM over 50. I DO live on a mountain. I HAVE started my first grow. My choices in life have led me to where I now stand.
It is GOOD.
I'll be starting a grow journal and try to provide all pertinent data as well as fairly sifted theory to be pummeled and laughed at by you veterans of horticulture...
As soon as I remember to change my password to a memorable password. Until then, thank you!

Hey how's it going 420 fam!

I have a question about my first grow.
Maybe sum of you out there can help me out a bit.
I've been doing sum reading on temp control for my grow tent. I am in the 3rd week of flower and pretty much just really wanted to get a specific temp range between day and night. Right now my temp day is at 80 and temp night is at 78 degrees. Is this a good temp to keep it at or should I drop temp night alittle?
Thanks fam.

This is for whoever posted #140 and post # 141
Well depending on the type of light used if it has more blue spectrum in it if using led or a metal halid tht will reduce stretching compared to more red like a hps or a redder spectrum in ur leds usually leds have a veg and bloom switch jus make sure both r on cuz red will help to make alil more stretch like me i use my red 1200w cob (circuits on board) light for my veg tent and my autos n its been amazing for veg stretch but i run mostly indica so they dnt stretch much during flower so i wana make em as big as i can in veg to get better yields but yea cud be a male or ur lights as 2 not being sure what ur working with i can only offer my 2 sense for what its worth lol hope this helps in sum kind of way n gud luck bro with ur grow op feel free 2 swing by my journals and look around always like 2 see new faces gud 2 have more people in ur journal bounce ideas off of n jus to shoot the shit lol but yea man gud luck

Hey wats up blazin!
Seem like u know ur stuff
Can u read post #946 and kindly answer my ?
Thanks man

Hey how's it going 420 fam!

I have a question about my first grow.
Maybe sum of you out there can help me out a bit.
I've been doing sum reading on temp control for my grow tent. I am in the 3rd week of flower and pretty much just really wanted to get a specific temp range between day and night. Right now my temp day is at 80 and temp night is at 78 degrees. Is this a good temp to keep it at or should I drop temp night alittle?
Thanks fam.

Here is the quick answer. day time 80 degrees is great, night time a little cooler. I like a 10 degrees difference. Here is a link to some good info here on 420mag.
Hope this helps :ciao:
What Range Should I Maintain for my Growroom Humidity and Temperature?

Well, I finally found my way here. Had a little trouble with the gps on my walker :rofl:
Like Jackalope just said, nice to be away from the hotshot kids :)
I recognize quite a few faces here, will be a great place to hang out. :high-five:

Hi All, I'm pretty new to all this and I recently scored a couple of 48" daisy style reflectors with mogul sockets, 2 mechanical MH/HPS ballasts and 4 1000 W HPS bulbs and I've got some questions that I'm hoping to get some answers to.
I only grow a plant or two (this year it's Auto Jack Herer) at a time in my garage, the grow enclosure is lined with heavy duty white plastic sheeting about 4 ft high X 4 ft dia. and it's open at the top. I'm thinking I only need to use one fixture suspended from the rafter keeping it about a foot above the enclosure.

How much heat am I looking at? The garage roof has a couple of convection style roof vents to the outside. Am I going to burn my garage down? Will the heat build up kill the plants? Anything I'm forgetting to consider?
Thanks folks.
Onewarmguy:thanks:

hey all I bought a mars hydro 300 watt it told me to hang it at 24' but it still burnt the young girls I have this in a 4x4 x6 tent how high above the tops do I have to hang this lamp

Question about germinating.

Last week I started to germinate my seeds, method I used was soaked them for 12 hours in room temp water in a dark closet, then planted them in seedling soil inside dixie cups and used wrap to make a humidity dome with holes in it, and spray mist it every 2-3 days.

I started 12 seeds total, 4 of them were from a seed bank, 8 of them were from a friend who had them kicking around and had been collecting them for years.

I planted so many because I expected I'd have some problems with the "mystery" ones, within 2-3 days my seed bank ones all sprouted, none of the mystery ones have yet. How long should I give them before I just assume they're no good? As of today it's been a week and no signs yet, so just wondering how much longer I should give them before tossing the cups

Question about germinating.

Last week I started to germinate my seeds, method I used was soaked them for 12 hours in room temp water in a dark closet, then planted them in seedling soil inside dixie cups and used wrap to make a humidity dome with holes in it, and spray mist it every 2-3 days.

I started 12 seeds total, 4 of them were from a seed bank, 8 of them were from a friend who had them kicking around and had been collecting them for years.

I planted so many because I expected I'd have some problems with the "mystery" ones, within 2-3 days my seed bank ones all sprouted, none of the mystery ones have yet. How long should I give them before I just assume they're no good? As of today it's been a week and no signs yet, so just wondering how much longer I should give them before tossing the cups

give Them one more week

Question again.

Plants are still in Dixie cups, aug 4th was the first sign of sprouting, today just noticed roots have started popping through the bottom holes, watered them about 24 hours ago, still a bit damp.

They're in seedling soil which is supposed to be good for 3 weeks, so still another week left of nutes, if I transplant them to their 3 gal pots tonight should I begin a light nutes feed or just stick to water for a few days? Medium will be 50% pro mix hp, 25% perlite and 25% vermiculite

Question again.

Plants are still in Dixie cups, aug 4th was the first sign of sprouting, today just noticed roots have started popping through the bottom holes, watered them about 24 hours ago, still a bit damp.

They're in seedling soil which is supposed to be good for 3 weeks, so still another week left of nutes, if I transplant them to their 3 gal pots tonight should I begin a light nutes feed or just stick to water for a few days? Medium will be 50% pro mix hp, 25% perlite and 25% vermiculite

I'd do water for the start
Why the P&V there is perlite and coco coir in promix and time release fertilizer
should feed for 9 months acording to their site

Pro mix HP doesn't have any fertilizers in it. It's 65-75% peat moss, perlite, dolomotic & calcitic limestone(pH adjuster) and Mycorrhizae only, 0 ferts or nutes, I add P+V because I've read that it helps a lot with drainage.

The only thing I used that has nutes was the pro mix seedling soil in the dixie cups, that's supposed to have enough nutes to last a seedling for 3 weeks. Since I'll be transplanting them tonight though into a mix that has 0 fert/nutes I was wondering if I should start watering them with a light nute mix, or if the soil from the dixie cups will still be enough to last the next week(I don't see how it would be since as the roots grow they'll be growing into a medium which has 0 nutes, but figured I'd as anyways)

Back
Top Bottom