The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Okay, I decided to top and post it here to see how I did for my first time.

Before:
420-magazine-mobile1461935065.jpg

After and snippet:
420-magazine-mobile2137539763.jpg

420-magazine-mobile371584473.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1759117646.jpg

Great job!

What are using to tie them down? I'd love to pick some up

Question for you auto guru's. I'm just starting an auto grow, first time. Previously was photos. I have two beans that just sprouted as of 6 days ago. So they are small. I've read through a few pages here and when I read about people topping their autos they say "topped on day 10" etc etc. If I were to try topping in 4 days I think there wouldn't be anything to top lol! When should I try? After the third node has developed? BTW it's 1 train wreck auto and 1 cbd cheese auto

Question for you auto guru's. I'm just starting an auto grow, first time. Previously was photos. I have two beans that just sprouted as of 6 days ago. So they are small. I've read through a few pages here and when I read about people topping their autos they say "topped on day 10" etc etc. If I were to try topping in 4 days I think there wouldn't be anything to top lol! When should I try? After the third node has developed? BTW it's 1 train wreck auto and 1 cbd cheese auto
I had the same issue and ended up just topping once the third node was big enough to cut...which was day 20 I think, and I am very happy with the results.

I had the same issue and ended up just topping once the third node was big enough to cut...which was day 20 I think, and I am very happy with the results.
Right on Still nervous topping an auto but early enough like that should be ok if it was healthy I'd think. Maybe I'll have to man up and do it

Are they all the same age? It looks like you can top the one at the top of the picture (though it's hard to tell with the lights on if the next node is up enough to snip) and the one on the righy, but the one on the left looks like it could wait a couple days until there's enough to cut.

Its hard to tell exactly how many nodes there are, but it looks like if you're going to top, do it real soon. You want to cut the third node, once it's just big enough to snip.

You want it to about be this big. Any bigger and they're too old to risk it.
420-magazine-mobile1223495791.jpg

This was my other one before I topped her, and she did great.
420-magazine-mobile148548388.jpg

Hopefully you can use those as a comparison.

I need help guys.... They were fine earlier but now they seem to be droopy 8 hours later... I hope its not root rot :/ I also grow in coco coir form the first time...

420-magazine-mobile296784253.jpg

420-magazine-mobile459937682.jpg

Do u think if I give them a good flush... I haven't been watering them to drain.. I just water enough to get them thru to the next day... Could that be type reason?

Yeah hard to know dude but 2moro I will take a picture of each one. I you can let me know from there. Cheers man. Is it safe posting photo and that on here? Silly question I know.

Yeah hard to know dude but 2moro I will take a picture of each one. I you can let me know from there. Cheers man. Is it safe posting photo and that on here? Silly question I know.
Just keep your face or anything else that could identify you or where you live out of the picture and you should be good. I have to worry here too, but haven't had an issue yet.

Okay, you can top B for sure, A looks like it may need another day for that next node to be big enough to cut but if you think you can do it...do it. C would have to be topped ASAP, that top node is a little bit bigger than I would want, but Id still do it.

Back
Top Bottom