The New Autoflower Topping Thread

420-magazine-mobile143974169.jpg

Hello trying to figure out if I should top at the 3rd Node or try to get into the 4th and chop it ?

I'd wait. The side shoots don't seem to be developed so much, so I'd wait for another node that's already there, just not developed yet. That's my opinion, double check with the pros here.

I'd wait. The side shoots don't seem to be developed so much, so I'd wait for another node that's already there, just not developed yet. That's my opinion, double check with the pros here.

Thanks I figured to just wait because they said that the cotyledons isn't considered a Node so I'm going to wait for that one to develop

Had to throw this in here. Check out this dud cream of the crop auto. Lolz it is the size of a lighter. I put it in my garden and after like 5 or 6 weeks this is whats going on
420-magazine-mobile1386069762.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1029895950.jpg

Hi guyes:thumb: Big fan leaves were covering lower branches, which are making buds so they were not getting enough light, i just trimmed them today an now thy look sad and weak.. here are before and after photos..
pjimage.jpg
pjimage_1_.jpg

how is everything going??

An update on my 2 little ladies.

Had some serious PH problems due to bad PH pen and bad calibration. Could not figure out what was going on and up until a week ago Death looked to be setting in. I even saturated them with Neem oil just before figuring out that it was due to a bad PH pen. Which caused severe wilting that hasn't gone away on the old growth. The wilting did lighten a little after I sprayed with straight PH'd water at lights out for a couple of days. But as you can tell, it hasn't completely gone away. After getting the PH issue worked out, these two little ladies have started coming back. I'm just hoping I didn't stunt their growth too much.

I tried topping both around days 10-12, can't remember exactly. As you can see in these first two pictures, I missed and thought I had FIM'd this first one. Turns out I didn't even do that.... :cheesygrinsmiley:
However, I have been LST'ing them quite a bit.

Auto Sour Melon Mass - Top view and Side view - Day 32
AG-T-32.png

AG-S-32.png

This next one I did actually top. As I said above, they have been through hell and back. So hopefully I didn't stunt the growth too much.
Auto Blue Treacle -Top view and Side view - Day 31
VI-T-31.png

VI-S-31.png

when do you guys stop veg nutes and switch to flower nutes on autos? when the start to bud ?

I've read you can stop using them the moment you start to see pistils being the fact it might still be veg Nutes inside the soil/reservoir , but other people use a small amount like the amount you started with like 1ml/g for the first week or 2 of flower and then they don't use them anymore.

New grower here, so is it time to top? Or is already too late?

Day 18 (from spout) Photos:

Candy Cane Auto:

White Widow Auto:
SNC11024_d18_ww_close3.JPG

Also thinking ponytail session time given all the shaded undergrowth right?

You can top as soon as the fourth node is clear not counting the cotyledon node , making sure not to accidentally chop the new growth .

You can top as soon as the fourth node is clear not counting the cotyledon node , making sure not to accidentally chop the new growth .

Me personally probably wouldn't ponytail at the moment you probably can do a slight lst , but when you top the plant the bottom should start getting light until the new growth form over it again.

Hey guys, quick question. I think it's time to top, but do I count the first set of leaves as a node? Not the cotyledon(?) or first set of true leaves, I think...

420-magazine-mobile1460644387.jpg

Should I top?

Back
Top Bottom