The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Guy thanks, 85 days so far. Checking trics. everyday looking for a few amber then harvest. I was wondering about keeping them in the dark for 3 days any thoughts on that?
Happy Growing
That's a new one on me, everything with a grain of salt husker , lol.

Two blueberry autos coming along pretty good felling a little can't want to see the buds start is kinda leafy in there would anyone recommend Defol or just leaving them as is and continue forward?
420-magazine-mobile1842701276.jpg

Hey bro, they look real nice. Defol is completely up to you. That's your style. Ask 10 people, you get 12 different answers. Lol. I hit the middle ground. If a couple fan leaves ar covering buds, I whack them. Otherwise I try to keep them on. It's the scrappy tiny buds that form on the lower bratches that ai feel rob your main buds from size and potency and flavor. I take a cue from the wine grape growers. They prune and get concentrated flavors. Prune too much, you get killer concentrated flavors, but yield suffers. I like to try and strike a ballance. I'm still learning, but it all makes sense for me and what I'm trying to achieve. YMMV....
:Namaste:

Hey bro, they look real nice. Defol is completely up to you. That's your style. Ask 10 people, you get 12 different answers. Lol. I hit the middle ground. If a couple fan leaves ar covering buds, I whack them. Otherwise I try to keep them on. It's the scrappy tiny buds that form on the lower bratches that ai feel rob your main buds from size and potency and flavor. I take a cue from the wine grape growers. They prune and get concentrated flavors. Prune too much, you get killer concentrated flavors, but yield suffers. I like to try and strike a ballance. I'm still learning, but it all makes sense for me and what I'm trying to achieve. YMMV....
Very good call. Years of perfecting yield there. Same kinda thing with the flowering cycle......good analogy.

Thanks brotha good info

Definitely up to the individual, i like to trim any of shade leaves or any leaves that block any of the lower bud sites. ... i have a mate that won't touch any of his leaves. .. in my opinion. ... i wish he would. ......l9l.

I know this is a "topping" thread but I thought I may post some pics of my FiM attempt. Maybe get some feedback from some of you people here. This is my very first grow of anything really. It's in DWC and I have two little ones. I FiM'd the new growth of the 4th node on both plants. Please let me know if I just screwed up royally or if things aren't looking so bad. I guess only time will tell, but a little feedback never hurt, right?

Edit: Almost forgot. Sour Melon sprouted on the 5th about 11 & 1/2 days ago and the Blue Treacle sprouted the next day on the 6th.

These first 4 pics are of my Auto Sour Melon Mass.
Ag-FiMClose1.png

Ag-FiM2.png

Ag-FiM1.png

Ag-FiM-Side.png

Next two pics are of my Blue Treacle Auto.
Vi-FiM2.png

Vi-FiM1.png

I'm planning on trying these or some Blue Treacle for my first go.
I've grown Blue Treacle a few times now. They have definitely loved topping each time.
420-magazine-mobile1347971021.jpg

This was my second one. Its just starting to build flowers in this pic. Can't find the other pics from later flower but it brought me like 4 1/2-5ozs of really sticky nugs that smelled and tasted of blueberry syrup.

I've grown Blue Treacle a few times now. They have definitely loved topping each time.
This was my second one. Its just starting to build flowers in this pic. Can't find the other pics from later flower but it brought me like 4 1/2-5ozs of really sticky nugs that smelled and tasted of blueberry syrup.

Awesome! If mine produces even half that I'll be amazed. And I did just FiM mine instead of topping it. I know some people in this thread say not to FiM, but I know someone in the real world who has had great results FiM'ing autos. That person just isn't around right now to check out my work and that's the reason I was asking about it above. Good to know about the Blue Treacle though. I was given those as a replacement for a seed that went out of stock after I had ordered.

How close is ur light to ur plant

If you're asking me, I have two 400w LEDs around 24 inches above my plants at the moment. They were around 18-20 inches above but I was having trouble regulating temperature in my grow space so I raised them a tad. I'll be fixing the temp issues today so things will stay between 72f and 78f.

I know this is a "topping" thread but I thought I may post some pics of my FiM attempt. Maybe get some feedback from some of you people here. This is my very first grow of anything really. It's in DWC and I have two little ones. I FiM'd the new growth of the 4th node on both plants. Please let me know if I just screwed up royally or if things aren't looking so bad. I guess only time will tell, but a little feedback never hurt, right?

Edit: Almost forgot. Sour Melon sprouted on the 5th about 11 & 1/2 days ago and the Blue Treacle sprouted the next day on the 6th.

These first 4 pics are of my Auto Sour Melon Mass.
Ag-FiMClose1.png

Ag-FiM2.png

Ag-FiM1.png

Ag-FiM-Side.png

Next two pics are of my Blue Treacle Auto.
Vi-FiM2.png

Vi-FiM1.png
Looks pretty good to me, how old ate they.✌

In about 8 hours the Sour Melon will be 12 days and the Blue Treacle will be 11 days.
They are looking nice, topping your auto within the first 15 days is key imo, your autos should do just fine, i topped mine on day 15, i also done alot of lst and done light defo at beginning of flower and my autos never showed any signs of stress. I will be harvesting my first autos witgin the next few weeks.✌

Hey guys!

I have 4 different auto strains going and here is a pic of one of them Haze XXL Auto.
She seems to have a bit of deficiency of some kind... what could it be? Would it be safe to top her?

I'm growing in Coco, feeding Hesi nutes ec about 780 ph about 5.8

What ya think?

large_Ladies-8_e88b6713deb831d3f7d60aea724383e2.jpg

Hey guys!

I have 4 different auto strains going and here is a pic of one of them Haze XXL Auto.
She seems to have a bit of deficiency of some kind... what could it be? Would it be safe to top her?

I'm growing in Coco, feeding Hesi nutes ec about 780 ph about 5.8

What ya think?

large_Ladies-8_e88b6713deb831d3f7d60aea724383e2.jpg

About 12h later, after previous post I couldn't resist and got my razor out.
It was quite a surgery, as there was very little space to get in, but I managed to snip above the 3rd node with new growth in tact. So hopefully she will develop 6 colas for an even canopy... let's see what's going to happpen :)

I'll keep you posted.

(Btw, the other 3 ladies that are in the same space got their heads chopped off too, but they seem to be that little bit bigger so it wasn't as hard to chop it off)

Back
Top Bottom