The pH Or Not To pH Grow Journal

That's what I was thinking but not sure if that's why. Now I know why my pH was so high when I mixed nutes the other day though. Unfortunately, it's making DWC a real PITA. Now I have to carry 5 gallon water jugs across the yard for the whole world to see 2 - 3 times per week to Top off & do bucket changes. This is way too obvious for me. I can't wait til the DWC is over so I can take that shit down. I'll stick to soil.
Are you trying to use the higher ph hose water? bring hose into a window lmao still looks weird I admit

Are you trying to use the higher ph hose water? bring hose into a window lmao still looks weird I admit
No. That pH is way to high to even consider using it. Remember I'm doing a pH / No pH journal here so using something like that would really mess things up. I mixed a gallon with that water & was at 8.4 pH. No way ! Dumped it & got water from the house.

No. That pH is way to high to even consider using it. Remember I'm doing a pH / No pH journal here so using something like that would really mess things up. I mixed a gallon with that water & was at 8.4 pH. No way ! Dumped it & got water from the house.
Ok I was curious why you have to carry 5 gallon water jugs across the yard I was thinking you were trying to use the hose

Ok I was curious why you have to carry 5 gallon water jugs across the yard I was thinking you were trying to use the hose
Using the hose was the original plan & that wouldn't have been all that noticeable. But not with a pH that high. I'm going to fill a 5 gallon jug tonight & let it run over a few minutes & then let it sit overnight. I'll check the pH tomorrow & see what it says.

I've had tents with pinholes & never had an issue from it. Mostly through the crappy zippers. But light going into the tent is more of an issue then light coming out of the tent. The lights are off to make it dark so you don't want light coming in. I really don't understand how pinholes of light can cause a plant to hermie. It's kind of like the stars & moon in the night sky. Why don't they make plants hermie. I have a theory that it's because the plant sees the same type of light night after night .... just like it would pin holes. Now if you were to turn on a light in the tent during the dark period that wouldn't be something that happens night after night & could shock the plant into a hermie. This is just my theory & nothing scientific about it.
Thank you friend

Just makes sense CO2 is a by product when making wine.
Here's the info.

Nothing to it.

Mix honey with water 1:4.
At room temps., pitch in a packet of dry yeast.
Run a hose to the grow and feed it in from the top. (CO2 is heavier than air).

When it's done, (about 30 - 60 days) You have 5 gallons of Mead.
smile.gif

Proceed, with extreme caution. Mead can be >20% ethanol.

Want simpler?

Sugar, water, yeast, in a container on a high shelf. Done.

Enjoy,
Wee
CO2  routing.jpg

Been meaning to do an update but been kind of busy. Anyway, the 2 girls are both still doing pretty well. I'm pretty sure I mentioned I had a weird spot on 1 leaf of the No pH plant. Well I cut that leaf off & I'll be damned if another leaf didn't get the spot. Sure looks like a "K" def. to me. I upped the MC to 3.5 gr. per gallon last night to see if it helps. If not I may add some Terpinator to add the K.
All 5 of my soil plants are ready to go into 12/12 as soon as the DWC's are done. The 1st DWC should be done next weekend ... maybe both will be done. I'll give the soil girls a week of trimming & LST before I switch to 12/12 though.
Here's the girls.

8-28.JPG
8-29.JPG
8-30.JPG

Will Auto's finish flowering if I were to switch to 12/12 ? Just wondering. Not sure if I'll do it or not.
autos wont stop flowering... but according to bro science just looking at them wrong will stunt them. All I predict will happen is that your buds will be infinitesimally smaller, simply because of less overall light per day.

autos wont stop flowering... but according to bro science just looking at them wrong will stunt them. All I predict will happen is that your buds will be infinitesimally smaller, simply because of less overall light per day.
Don't need smaller ... lol. I just think 1 auto will be done by next Friday & the other about a week later. Thought I might switch to 12/12 after I harvest the 1st one. I can wait if necessary. These photo plants will get quite large by then. Wish I had some 7 gallon bags to up-pot to before flowering. Afraid they might get root bound vegging so long in 5 gallon bags & then another 8 weeks in flower.

Back
Top Bottom