The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Stupid question.... Quadlining is compatible with autos?

Not a stupid question! It is compatible but a little more difficult as you have to read the plant to see where it is at in the grow cycle. With photoperiod ones you are in control of the light and when it flips to flower. Other than that you just don't defoliate as hard or do anything too extreme and the auto will not get to stressed out and just continue on growing. I've got a journal going with quadlining autos in my signature below if you want to check it out.

Thanks for the pointer @CrazyChef, and for the info @Asesino85.

I probably should have asked that before I started my Gorilla Glue Auto grow. I luckily guessed correctly that I shouldn't do any defoliating and stop any LST right around the 28 day mark, which is when I thought they would go flower. At day 27.30, I noticed the first sexy looking hot spots of motherhood. I stop fiddling with them at that point.

Is that Groovy? I'm still reading through your grow journal, the one @CrazyChef pointed me too.

Thanks again guys. Hope your evening/morning/day is going relatively Groovy! I'm coming off of a 2 week vacation. Tomorrow is that dreaded first Monday back! Please send positive energy for me, I'll need it!

Soon you're going to have soooo many buds,you won't be able
to choose one for pics ;)
You chose the right name for your journal-your plants are doing
that apeshit thing...Beautiful!
seeing other grows of them gave me the notion they are unruly Primates.lol The quads do them justice i think. with their quick recovery times and grow speed especially. I am stoked to have actual buds starting on No1 and a few of the other strains too. woohoo party is starting !!! dreading them throwing their own poop now though !!. been inspiring watching you with these quads cass. The low budget thing will appeal to so many who would love to grow but the initial outlay is a killer , especially now it is such a lucrative industry !. I am slowly heading towards a no-till living soil/coco medium and been composting bananas , fruit and veg waste ,eggs , garden trimmings and a whole garden rammed full of flowering dandilions trim too ect.. for the last year . I reckon once i rack emilya's brain on what soil/worms to mix in with it , could prove very cheap for much respected and heavy producing medium that doesnt need any additional , costly additives. Thats the plan but each new pre-plan gets killed by obtaining seeds to get going again. lol I do love this shit. heehee Get to meet some great folks and chew the fat . have a great day Cass.
heres some new buds finally !!
20190708_112500.jpg
20190708_112453.jpg
20190708_112445.jpg
20190708_112428.jpg
20190708_112423.jpg
20190708_112357.jpg
20190708_112308.jpg

Started the quadline basics on 3 OG Kush Autos yesterday. I also have a few photo strains to do, but they're not ready yet. Here are a few before/after pics of the OG Kush infants. Topped each one, and also removed the bottom 2 nodes from each one.
welcome to the madness. looking like a good start to the run.

All right, Im gonna throw this lab experiment of mine out there. Its my first plant grow ever that started out as a strictly outdoor grow until I got a Mars Hydro TSW 2000. I have moved it into the outdoor shed under the said light at 24 inches. This plant was given to me as a seedling in a 1 gallon pot. Bagseed methinks.

Its about 6 weeks old now...no nutes, and newly under the light the last 4 days.
Notice the bit of damage I did when bending.

Should I get rid of the middle? I realize this will set me back a couple of weeks, but I dont mind any delay. Im also thinking of dropping my TSW 2000 down to 12 inches and turning back the drivers to 25 percent....thoughts?
You could start slowly bringing those 3 top ones right down with ties. If you slowly rub the stem where you want them to start their bends , as you apply gentle pressure , you can feel the sinew breaking up. try not to soften them too much for first bends but tie them to stop them going straight back up. While you wait for the lowers to catch up , you should have time to even them out towards the pots edge before flowering. By no nutes , is this due to being in amended soil or unsure of where to go next with feeds ect ? Not sure what medium they are in from pics ( and my old eyes-lol) .

hedzenmedz - clonz for Quadlinz
Hi All, after receiving positive feedback from HHyb & Ase, we are going to take the plunge and try quadlining clones. Does anyone know of a diagram that’s available showing how to top a clone for q-lining?
Transplanted the clones into 5 gal.smartpots with LOS on July 7th, 2019. We have 5 Gorilla & 2 Bad Azz Kush.After 24 hours they are looking good, so on the 9th or 10th, we will top and take clones of the clones.
Beginner’s luck for our 1st cloning experience. Followed the cloning bucket’s manufacturer directions of using distilled water and added a capful of H2o2 every couple of days. Also, we dipped the rooting area in aloe gel cut from a live branch, then rolled each root area in a small amount of “great white” mycorrhizae. It worked out quite well for us.
If anyone has any tips about cloning and / or quad-lining clones and what works for you,
D9399398-9EBC-4B68-BFDD-D7F1A044B405.jpeg
FAADCCED-CA01-4801-A225-1F2EA2572596.jpeg
BAEF270A-2277-48ED-BDE3-2C164AAB789B.jpeg
it will be most appreciated.
Cheers everyone!

Hi All, after receiving positive feedback from HHyb & Ase, we are going to take the plunge and try quadlining clones. Does anyone know of a diagram that’s available showing how to top a clone for q-lining?
Here's a pic of a clone I got from when I topped her mother (the clone is the top). I quadlined her, but at one point I got a little too rambunctious with the LST and snapped one of the branches off by accident. So I guess she's technically tri-lined? This is about 9 days since I flipped to 12/12. I topped her the same as a non-clone plant.

VOUfyFu.jpg

Here's the mom and daughter side by side from a few minutes ago (clone is on the left):

JmOn8CH.jpg

Transplanted the clones into 5 gal.smartpots with LOS on July 7th, 2019. We have 5 Gorilla & 2 Bad Azz Kush.After 24 hours they are looking good, so on the 9th or 10th, we will top and take clones of the clones.
Beginner’s luck for our 1st cloning experience. Followed the cloning bucket’s manufacturer directions of using distilled water and added a capful of H2o2 every couple of days. Also, we dipped the rooting area in aloe gel cut from a live branch, then rolled each root area in a small amount of “great white” mycorrhizae. It worked out quite well for us.
If anyone has any tips about cloning and / or quad-lining clones and what works for you,
Cheers everyone!
I don't have a diagram but basically just pick 4 nodes close to each other and start training them 4 different directions. Top above the 4th node you've chosen and strip anything below the 1st node you've chosen. You just need to get 4 nodes going in total. There really is no wrong way to do it if you end up with 4 nodes that will grow into the future 4 mains of the quadline.

Cheers everyone!
Nice work with the clones! You are definitely able to see the nodes on your plant the best. You want sets that are close to being straight across from each other. But for a little extra guidance, should you want it:
B7D4EFAF-EE27-4FA1-9CB0-3D7B2907D985.jpeg

If it were me, I would keep the two sets marked with blue and clear away above and below the red lines. Hopefully that is helpful.

I was working with my Pugsbreath tonight and decided to do a little more training on them to open them up. Here are a couple before pics of PB1, PB2, and PB3 in that order.

And here they are after tightening the outermost hooks....those are the only straps left on these girls at this point.

No defoliation tonight and you can see how just a slight extra pull at this point has allowed light to reach much further down the four mains.

And here’s a few shots of some high brix Cannabis in the making!

Quiz time. Lol. Let’s take a look at PB3. She is a different pheno than the other 2. Now that I have her spread out a bit more, if I were to remove some leaves, which 4 would be the best choices?

I wouldn’t convert this plant to a quadline at this point. Lots of good growth already there now. Might would top it an work the branches that are present with some training to maximize the number of good tops you have before flipping. No need to sweat the little split from the training. Ideally you would apply less pressure and allow a little more time when training to avoid splitting (pot calling the kettle black) lol! I’ve split the majority of mine. Hasn’t effected anything so far. Bad splits can be taped with duct tape. This one isn’t bad though.
On the splits note. Here is my Gorilla zkittelz repaired and going crazy after a major split that drop her branch to the coco surface before i saw it. i taped it to keep air out and she has repaid me with huge ( biggest in the grow)
20190706_160532.jpg
20190706_160525.jpg
20190706_160513.jpg

Here's a pic of a clone I got from when I topped her mother (the clone is the top). I quadlined her, but at one point I got a little too rambunctious with the LST and snapped one of the branches off by accident. So I guess she's technically tri-lined? This is about 9 days since I flipped to 12/12. I topped her the same as a non-clone plant.

VOUfyFu.jpg

Here's the mom and daughter side by side from a few minutes ago (clone is on the left):

JmOn8CH.jpg
nice work mate , near carbon copy already.

Morning, Magoo.. Hey man Don't you champion SCROGing ??? Can't remember I look at so many threads, but those looking good either way.. Starting to really stink huh ?? Green days brother... and to all
No Hack I’ve never run a SCROG. Lol. I found 420mag by searching for training methods and come across Ase’s previous journal. So it’s been Quadline since day 1 for me.

everyones gals looking great!!
this method creates some lovely plants
heres my gals tonight
alaskan p
FED73124-D68A-483E-A6E9-8F0CD7130D86.jpeg
69E76A18-0693-4571-A14A-DB76721ACD09.jpeg
0C8F581B-E33C-468F-90A9-6639DC35D353.jpeg
E44761A3-515D-406B-A763-B5151551744E.jpeg

once the stretch has ended anything underneath thats struggled il remove. im still very uneasy about chopping stuff out lol

bubblegum
1A875C36-0BB7-482E-A180-7C277EDB5081.jpeg
3238BE50-0F8E-4F9A-B4FB-E58DB883AB1E.jpeg

shes defo slower on her transition, but finally twin pistols popping and finding her way

then subs
2A0FC1A7-F017-4F59-98E8-49EB5B53BFB9.jpeg
61B0E837-3B67-4609-B8C3-D2BF525D4322.jpeg

no signs of sex yet...

everyones gals looking great!!
this method creates some lovely plants
heres my gals tonight
alaskan p
FED73124-D68A-483E-A6E9-8F0CD7130D86.jpeg
69E76A18-0693-4571-A14A-DB76721ACD09.jpeg
0C8F581B-E33C-468F-90A9-6639DC35D353.jpeg
E44761A3-515D-406B-A763-B5151551744E.jpeg

once the stretch has ended anything underneath thats struggled il remove. im still very uneasy about chopping stuff out lol

bubblegum
1A875C36-0BB7-482E-A180-7C277EDB5081.jpeg
3238BE50-0F8E-4F9A-B4FB-E58DB883AB1E.jpeg

shes defo slower on her transition, but finally twin pistols popping and finding her way

then subs
2A0FC1A7-F017-4F59-98E8-49EB5B53BFB9.jpeg
61B0E837-3B67-4609-B8C3-D2BF525D4322.jpeg

no signs of sex yet...
Look great to me.mmate. they are some big girls. dont panic about the stripping out and defol , they will love you for it and repay you with some great buds. It is a positive to get those whispy , crappy shoots out to make way for the real ones. The saved energy get redistrubuted to the other buds. I am a little in front of you in cycle and due to start counting flower from Friday ( 14 days stretch ends then.) I am doing the same myself to give the quadlines the boost they were trained for this past 5 weeks. Have a look at lewydevilles journal and brutal defol for confidence in how much can be taken amd produce amazing results.

Back
Top Bottom