The ROM - PC Grow - CFL - Soil - Star Dawg

I want a pc setup just like yours! If you could, can you please take pix of the grow box? I want to see how many lights and where to place pc fans and did u super glue the fans lol

I want a pc setup just like yours! If you could, can you please take pix of the grow box? I want to see how many lights and where to place pc fans and did u super glue the fans lol

I could give you a detailed somewhat of a pictorial if you'd like but I'll give you the quick run down for right now. First I bought a server tower off Craigslist for $20. Easily stripped it to its bare bones just the frame basically, but made sure every outer piece looked normal like the pc. For instance I had to strip the front panel of the CD drive off and glued it in place to carry the appearance and stealth. It came with 2 old fans and I bought 3 more from a local computer store. Hooked them all up to AC Adapters and zip tied and screwed them onto the pc frame. Oh and before that I wrapped the whole inside with mylar. Used a vanity light fixture with 3 sockets, make sure to get the one th as the can output more then 100 watts to be safe. Bent the ends in a little bit and zip tied to top off pc.

When I fix this grow after this run I will be changing a couple things. I will be using 1 200 watt CFL with 2 computer fans mounted to each end to keep heat off bulb and ballast and will be adding a carbon filter. Thinking about also doing a DWC Instead of soil. but we will have to see!

Day 81 (Flowering Day 40)

20150430_000221.jpg

20150429_235310.jpg

20150429_235404.jpg

20150429_235404-1.jpg

20150429_235534.jpg

20150430_000140.jpg

20150430_000010.jpg

good work. such a cool grow. Hows the smell coming out of that thing?

Thanks! I'm in a master in an apartment currently and you can only smell it when you get within 2 feet of the pc.. but it's pretty strong haha. Can't wait to fix up the pc eventually... also might be building one for a friend before I leave, it'll be airtight, 3 120mm pc fans, a fan speed controller with temp probe, and some other little nick nacks.. if I do this I'll make a pictorial and also planning on building my final grow box that'll be decked out

so, in my lil grow box I had years ago.....I used a carbon filter that was made for a soldering extractor fan. They had them in 3"x3" up to 6"x6". Wonder if you could use those to scrub the air coming off of those PC fans. I so want to build a lil box right now haha

ya they worked.

I just looked at your link, I think that filter added with a carbon filter would almost block the out flow of the fan. I'd just cut the carbon filter to size and super glue/hot glue that bitch right to the fan.

She is lookin beaut!!!! Im so jealous of your setup and grow lol my plants have been flowering for almost two weeks and still no sugar leaves

Thanks for the comments guys

Was looking more at the carbon filter issue for when I fix the case up.. thinking about getting those 2 fan screens, and those filter pads and making a sandwich with them to make a filter. Where i'll move after this grow I can't have any smell coming out of this pc.. so I gotta be careful. Also thinking about going hydro.. 2 air stones in 63 GPH pump in the same size bucket I have now.

With 2 new intake / outake pc fans at 120 mm 69CFM, hydro, 200watt, and a carbon filter I think this pc will be all set for some amazing grows. Oh and i'm gonna have a SCROG screen haha

Yeah for hydro do you also have to keep checking the temp of the water

So I made the DWC today.. works amazingly. Wanted to overdue it and get a 130 GPH pump and run 2 6" air stones but after I realized how chunky the 2 hose pump and it just wouldn't fit in the case comfortably. Soooo I got a 45 GPH pump which is overkill as is since this container is a exactly a gallon where it's at in the picture.. plenty of air for this small container.

20150504_142852.jpg

20150504_142904.jpg

20150504_142842.jpg

You will most definitely want to cover that clear bin up with something that wont let light through or else you'll be dealing with all types of issues! Awesome grow, great results from a PC grow.

Back
Top Bottom