The states need Help

Billdeskjet

the usa is so far behind, if they would legalize weed their would be money there for each state. in a form of a small tax, like cigs and beer, plus if only they made it legal to grow medical in the states, there is some money there too. i am trying to get it started in Indiana but am having a hard time. If we can grow tons of corn and beans i know we got good dirt to grow in. Not only that it would cut down on people who are in jail over petty small dime sacks for personal use. If anyone could help me get started in the right direction it would be helpful.:thanks:

billdeskjet Hello and :welcome: . Thank you for joining 420 Helping Us Spread Cannabis Awareness. You sound like you would be a great team mate for our cause. 420's Great News Hawk Brother Weedpipe Posted some great links for you. If you need anything else please ask. Please continue to voice your thoughts, 420 is your soapbox, your stage and the world is listening. 420 is right behind you. Keep in touch and post often. We will be looking for more from you in the forums Friend. Help us add to the 13 Cannabis friendly states in 2010. We are crossing our fingers for the great state of Indiana! God Bless and Have A Safe and Happy New Year!:partyboy: :peace:

thank you for the links. all inorml@inorml.org is talking about is waiting for sen, and others to approve its been weeks, and still no luck with an outcome. If i had a form to publish and get signed and send to our sen, maybe that would help, the power of a state is in the people who live within it. if over 50% sign than it should go through, its called power of the people, if they don't listen then the government needs overthrown, and the rights of people mean nothing. Im talking about our god given rights in the Constitution.

Hi billdeskjet, :welcome: to the Mag. Indiana is a state with hard hearted people. Stiff necked, unwilling to learn, or change. But may rational thought win the battle of wills. :peace: to Indiana. :peace:

every thing that i say goes to all states not only Indiana, medical should be allowed in every state. What is really holding it up is the pharmaceutical companies, after all they would be losing money, but i think it should be a choice of the people. I just came from organ and they have medical there it helps people, less crime, etc. i just want to get medical legalized across the states. like i said earlier any help would be greatly appreciated.

after repeated calls to the state reps. of indiana, i have come to the conclusion that they are still too scared to take a political stance on MMJ.

i have since focused my efforts to helpin the people of wisconsin, then after that i will help ohio, illinios, or kentucky. once we are completely bordered by MMJ friendly states then we might have a chance, but not until.

and dont forget about this asshole Mark Souder:

U.S. Rep. Mark Souder released the following statement today, after the Justice Department announced that it will ease medical marijuana prosecutions.

“This debate has always been over the legalization of marijuana, not medical use. There are non-smoked variations available for medical use. Smoked marijuana, along with tobacco and alcohol, is the gateway drug for all other drug abuse. Today’s hydroponic marijuana has a much higher THC content than the historic ditchweed pot that was once popular in Indiana.

“Furthermore, the Hinchey-Rohrabacher medical marijuana amendment aimed at implementing a similar policy, was defeated with a bipartisan vote in House of Representatives on five different occasions. And, in June 2005, the U.S. Supreme Court (in the case Gonzalez v. Raich, and in a 6-3 decision) upheld Congress’ ability to regulate the illegal production and distribution of marijuana.

“The Obama Administration’s multiple front retreat from illegal drug enforcement will, over the next few years, result in higher crime rates, more highway deaths and destroyed lives.”

we got to get this guy out of office ... :peace:

and check this link out Editorial: Ironic Hypocrisy

I have written numerous letters to our federal and state representatives (through NORML, MPP, and freelance) and always receive a polite form letter in response which states that illegal drug use destroys families and communities. I am currently on home detention for possession of 1.15g. Thirty years of marijuana use has had no adverse effects on my life but the government's persecution of casual users has virtually destroyed my life (at least temporarily). I have never paid a bill so much as a day late but my current situation is going to cause me to lose my home and force me into bankruptcy. Marijuana use did NOT cause this, the government DID.

Mark Souder is an idiot in addition to being an asshole. The ditch weed he refers to is not marijuana (and was never popular!) but rather industrial hemp planted by the government during WWII for the manufacture of rope. He is technically correct that today's Marijuana is higher in THC than hemp grown for industrial purposes. The weed grown in the cornfields around Central Indiana is some of the finest in the world and has always been higher in THC than hemp with no THC grown for making rope. WEEDPIPE is correct in saying that our representatives are too scared to take a pro-legalization stance. For the real reason, you need only look at the skyline of downtown Indy.....ELI LILLY. Big Pharma will never allow MMJ to be legalized because they stand to lose too much money if people no longer need to buy their poison.

Hate to burst your bubble BILLDESKJET, but "power of the people" does not exist in this state. Indiana's constitution has no provision for ballot referendums so even if you had 100% of the citizens sign a petition, it is still going to be decided by elected officials. The only power the people have is the power to elect different officials. Unfortunately, any newly elected Representatives will soon be corrupted by the money thrown at them by BIG PHARMA. No elected officials are going to be confused by the facts. They have preconceived ideas that are reinforced by the money they receive from lobbyists. As is the case with every issue facing our country, money and control are the real deciding factors. It is not about freedom, safety, or controlling crime. It is about controlling people and limiting freedom. This state will be one of the last to see the light in regards to MMJ.

I have been a lifelong resident of this state and love it for many reasons. However, as a felon for a non-violent offense (previous marijuana conviction) I am unable to vote or legally own a gun for the rest of my life. My only recourse now is to take my earning and tax paying power to a different state which does does not persecute its' citizens for their use of a plant. I am stuck here for the next year and a half as I jump through the hoops of the criminal justice system, lose my home, file bankruptcy, and pay thousands of dollars for 1.15g of personal marijuana. Look out Colorado, I am heading for the mountains...see you in a year and a half.

Sorry for the rant, WELCOME and enjoy BILLDESKJET. Tons of good info and great people on this site.

One more thing, I've been "without" for two months now....so somebody burn one for me please!!!! Medically, of course, a little anxiety, rage, depression, and chronic pain here that could use some treatment. Thanks.

Well one day the gov will know they have a winning in the drug thc. It cures soooooooo many ail's. And it's alot safer than any drink man could ever make. Anyways made me wonder----- man made drink, someone alittle higher up the totem pole made marijuana. Makes ya wonder who has the rite Idea. I know within your life Billie, marijuana will be a legal med in Ind. 13 states have it now. And Ind. has never been a leader state, but it will follow suit soon as afew others do legalize it. Thanks for the research. TC and a good New years.

Back
Top Bottom