High! Old Stoner Here

Stargazer32862

I am a medical marijuana patient, or at least I hope so in the future. I live in Indiana where any and all forms of cannabis are illegal, except for Delta 8 which I use to help my arthritis. The medical industry has a chokehold on the state. I found out that a large pharma company is donating to the Republican party to keep medical cannabis out of the state. There are two, that I know of, doctors in the Indiana General Assembly. Now, why would they run for office when they have a practice? Yes, I have called my legislator to vote for several cannabis bills. And you know what I got as a reply? Sen. Mike Bruan (R) told me that smoking is bad for me. The email made it sound like I was a child. I would love to go back home to Kentucky. At least there I can legally purchase cannabis in another state as long as I have a letter from a doctor. I feel like I'm flogging a dead horse.

hey stargazer , yeah unfortunately there are some politicians & politically minded people that are there for there own personal interest at others peoples cost . users of the herb medically & or recreational are not criminals because there are no victoms , in fact we are the victims of an absurd law.
i wish u all the best for the future & that u get what u need , stay strong my thoughts are with u , take care & peace to all :peace:

Hey there @Stargazer32862 I feel your pain. Unfortunately there are a few states left in the union that have an absurd view on this herb. The most we can do is to reach out to our local organization that is trying to help pass legislation, or at least collect signatures to put our concerns on the ballot.

Doing so will also get you aligned with others in your area that are like minded. Someone somewhere is getting their palms greased; ya know what I mean. Legal access to cannabis would alleviate a myriad of symptoms for sufferers everywhere. That in turn would also lessen demands for opioids. That takes money away from pharma as you mentioned.

It is all corrupt, it truly is. All we can do is help push change and reform to the current laws we are at the mercy of. Wishing you all the best, and hang in there. There has to be more of us than them.

A quick search on the web will give you your local organization such as Home | Indiana NORML There could be a couple others more local to where you are located. The fight isn't over for some of us. ✊

I am a medical marijuana patient, or at least I hope so in the future. I live in Indiana where any and all forms of cannabis are illegal, except for Delta 8 which I use to help my arthritis. The medical industry has a chokehold on the state. I found out that a large pharma company is donating to the Republican party to keep medical cannabis out of the state. There are two, that I know of, doctors in the Indiana General Assembly. Now, why would they run for office when they have a practice? Yes, I have called my legislator to vote for several cannabis bills. And you know what I got as a reply? Sen. Mike Bruan (R) told me that smoking is bad for me. The email made it sound like I was a child. I would love to go back home to Kentucky. At least there I can legally purchase cannabis in another state as long as I have a letter from a doctor. I feel like I'm flogging a dead horse.
We are here trying to make headway. :thumb:
Rob is a Warrior. :yahoo:
Your in the right place to meet like minded friends. :high-five:
:welcome::420:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Yeah, you have the Eli Lilly factory there which is one of the biggest Pharm companies out there. They have a big stake in Pain & Sleep meds, so that might be why they're against it. If you're close to the Il. boarder you could always purchase there. I've lived in both, Indiana & Illinois. But it wasn't legal at all back then.

Come to Illinois you don’t need a prescription and recreational weed is legal here. Until the other states get their heads out of their azzez they will never know the millions of tax dollars they are missing out on.Smh CL🍀

@Stargazer32862, good morning.
I understand that Kentucky is now open to MM, if you are close to that border, perhaps you could slip into that state and do some purchasing.

Also, Welcome to the site. Good luck and I hope you success.

Yeah, you have the Eli Lilly factory there which is one of the biggest Pharm companies out there. They have a big stake in Pain & Sleep meds, so that might be why they're against it. If you're close to the Il. boarder you could always purchase there. I've lived in both, Indiana & Illinois. But it wasn't legal at all back then.
never heard of the eli lilly company " ...pain & sleep"... makes one wonder !!! 🤔 :peace:

Welcome Stargazer to the best weed website ever

I use to live in Indiana they play politics with our weed what is really crazy and im not trying to get political
But the right leaning poloticians seems to take a no weed stance. Ironically there are a lot of right leaning stoners in the real world it isnt a Red or Blue thing. I live in VA now we have weed legal and we have a republican Governor and he seems to have no problem with the money cannabis brings to the state. the federal Government needs to put on its big boy pants and legalize it nation wide so we can tell the Left,the Right and big Pharma to kiss our Green trichome covered ass and keep our pot out of their politics.

Welcome Stargazer to the best weed website ever

I use to live in Indiana they play politics with our weed what is really crazy and im not trying to get political
But the right leaning poloticians seems to take a no weed stance. Ironically there are a lot of right leaning stoners in the real world it isnt a Red or Blue thing. I live in VA now we have weed legal and we have a republican Governor and he seems to have no problem with the money cannabis brings to the state. the federal Government needs to put on its big boy pants and legalize it nation wide so we can tell the Left,the Right and big Pharma to kiss our Green trichome covered ass and keep our pot out of their politics.
It’s not a political thing but a re-election issue.Every member of the GOP would tell you they are Pro-life. But if they’re little Suzy gets in a family way @12 years old see how fast she gets one. Also tell everyone that they are Anti-weed but have several relatives that use it daily. If they live in a Red state and want to be elected n Re-elected they have to placate their constituents. Smh What we need is a Federal legal Recreational law n stop Corporations from donating to campaign funds. Imho CL🍀

Ever hear of Tuinol aka Christmas Trees or Seconal aka Yellow Jackets ? Both made by Lilly. Factory is on the Ohio / Indiana Boarder not too far from Evansville, IN.
Wasn’t Seconal Reds? Red Devils and you had Placidyl’s Green Meanies but I don’t remember if made by Lilly. CL🍀

Wasn’t Seconal Reds? Red Devils and you had Placidyl’s Green Meanies but I don’t remember if made by Lilly. CL🍀
Placidyls were made by Abbot. 500 mg. were Red & 750 mg. were Green. I use to deal all that crap when I was a teen.... Sooo many years ago. I use to study PDR's just to know what chemicals were in what drugs.

I use to study PDR's just to know what chemicals were in what drugs.
The PDR was off to side of the desk at work. Never knew who would walk in with who knows what in the hour or two we spent hanging around after the work day was done.

The triple-beam was stored in the drop ceiling. Not because the boss wanted to keep it hidden but to protect if from visitors who wanted to constantly play with it.

Back
Top Bottom